View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

    1 1.49%
  • B

    18 26.87%
  • C

    40 59.70%
  • D

    8 11.94%
  • F

    0 0%
Page 70 of 177 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 120 170 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 3533

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

  1. #1381
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    i didn't notice. I was it a lot in the bobcats game
    He was talking during the game to the refs quite a bit, losing poise after a drive and hanging his head, walking back on D. It was ugly, luckily he played fairly well.

    As much as I love Demar, this is really starting to affect my want for him to be a future piece.

  2. #1382
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Demar came into the league as one of the most composed and poised, this is just a bad habit, hopefully not any more.

  3. #1383
    Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    T dot Ohhhhh
    Posts
    769
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I disagree, I think this is totally warranted and I think you need to watch real stars play on occasion: they bitch and whine COnSTANTLY. DD gets hit anytime he goes into the paint, and while that's not unusual in and of itself, it's the utter muggings he gets without a call that bug me. He's getting to the line a lot lately but there are trips where, if he was on a better team (or simply a better player) he'd be getting flagrants called in his favour.

    Last night he was extra venemous and he deserved to be: almost no one who drives that much gets 6 BAs vs 4 fta in 38 minutes (only 1 3pta). It was much worse early on This year when it felt like the raps were averaging 4 fouls to every one the opponent commited but these new refs are making a lot of garbage "rep" calls it seems

  4. #1384
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    I disagree, I think this is totally warranted and I think you need to watch real stars play on occasion: they bitch and whine COnSTANTLY. DD gets hit anytime he goes into the paint, and while that's not unusual in and of itself, it's the utter muggings he gets without a call that bug me. He's getting to the line a lot lately but there are trips where, if he was on a better team (or simply a better player) he'd be getting flagrants called in his favour.

    Last night he was extra venemous and he deserved to be: almost no one who drives that much gets 6 BAs vs 4 fta in 38 minutes (only 1 3pta). It was much worse early on This year when it felt like the raps were averaging 4 fouls to every one the opponent commited but these new refs are making a lot of garbage "rep" calls it seems
    So bitching and whining sends you to being a superstar? Derozan doesn't deserve the benefit of the whistle, he's just not straight up strong enough to handle the contact...

    Look at Kevin Durant. He is a true superstar like Lebron, or Kobe. He is doesn't whine and bitch. And are you expecting that NOBODY whines and bitches? Plus I watch enough real stars play thank you.

    Lebron and Kobe have earned that whistle, Demar hasn't. Period.

    Demar, please shut up and play. You want calls? Get stronger.

  5. #1385
    Raptors Republic All-Star Jclaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,335
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yay! The American press noticed us!

  6. #1386
    Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,630
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    He was talking during the game to the refs quite a bit, losing poise after a drive and hanging his head, walking back on D. It was ugly, luckily he played fairly well.

    As much as I love Demar, this is really starting to affect my want for him to be a future piece.
    Wince used to do it often as well when he started. Then he started laying on the floor like he got shot and made no attempt
    to get back on defense. Smitch used to scream at him. The refs will keep whistling if he doesnt stop...he isnt a star yet.

  7. #1387
    Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    200
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Welcome to the NBA where the players who least need the calls, always get the calls.
    Deadallus

  8. #1388
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Deadallus wrote: View Post
    Welcome to the NBA where the players who least need the calls, always get the calls.
    Hey, it seems to be the Status Quo.

  9. #1389
    Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    475
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote minks77 wrote: View Post
    I disagree, I think this is totally warranted and I think you need to watch real stars play on occasion: they bitch and whine COnSTANTLY. DD gets hit anytime he goes into the paint, and while that's not unusual in and of itself, it's the utter muggings he gets without a call that bug me. He's getting to the line a lot lately but there are trips where, if he was on a better team (or simply a better player) he'd be getting flagrants called in his favour.

    Last night he was extra venemous and he deserved to be: almost no one who drives that much gets 6 BAs vs 4 fta in 38 minutes (only 1 3pta). It was much worse early on This year when it felt like the raps were averaging 4 fouls to every one the opponent commited but these new refs are making a lot of garbage "rep" calls it seems
    I agree with this statement in the NBA you gotta whine and bitch to the referees. Remember at the beginning of the season Dwayne Casey never used to even talk to the refs thinking he would get a fair shake. We would never get any calls, now look at him, he is constantly complaining to them, lo and behold we are getting more calls.

    Gotta remind the referees that we want to win too lol. As long as Demar gets back on defense, and doesnt get called for technical fouls its all good. He has been getting a lot of calls over the last few games, maybe this is working for him.

  10. #1390
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    I agree with this statement in the NBA you gotta whine and bitch to the referees. Remember at the beginning of the season Dwayne Casey never used to even talk to the refs thinking he would get a fair shake. We would never get any calls, now look at him, he is constantly complaining to them, lo and behold we are getting more calls.

    Gotta remind the referees that we want to win too lol. As long as Demar gets back on defense, and doesnt get called for technical fouls its all good. He has been getting a lot of calls over the last few games, maybe this is working for him.
    I don't mind ANY talking or disagreements one bit. I'm a player who gets pretty emotional about calls, but I don't go out there and start hanging my head, or having some massive outbursts and sending a fist towards the referees.

    I play harder and try to come back and get fouled, or shut someone down defensively. These are things that the best NBA players do. Sure, they bitch and whine like princesses, but that doesn't affect their game.

  11. #1391
    Raptors Republic Rookie Demar_8756's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    54
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DeRozan = next jordan

  12. #1392
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Demar_8756 wrote: View Post
    DeRozan = next jordan
    Yes. And Jonas Valanciunas will be the next Wilt Chamberlain. LOL. (Sarcasm)

  13. #1393
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was watching an old raptors game and realized how shit derozans handles are compared to wince farter

  14. #1394
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,721
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I was watching an old raptors game and realized how shit derozans handles are compared to wince farter
    Yes. As much as I hate Wince, you have to give him credit for his talent. He was truly off the charts. Now only if his work ethic had been in the same ballpark.

  15. #1395
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    But seriously how hard is it to learn how to do a crossover?

  16. #1396
    Super Moderator ReubenJRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC.
    Posts
    4,000
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    But seriously how hard is it to learn how to do a crossover?
    Took me 4 years to get people to actually fall.

  17. #1397
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I was watching an old raptors game and realized how shit derozans handles are compared to wince farter
    You don't even need to watch old Carter footage to realize that. You just need to watch any other current shooting guard, lol.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  18. #1398
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Took me 4 years to get people to actually fall.
    He doesn't even need a crossover per se. He just needs a move....ANY move. A stutter-step, hesitation move, step-back....ANYTHING!

    He's already got the spin move down, but it's hard to pull off in a half-court set (it's better suited in transition).
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  19. #1399
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,526
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    well he does have this behind the back dribble thats coming along. But more than anything he should work on a crossover and a stepback

  20. #1400
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
    Took me 4 years to get people to actually fall.
    you don't have like 5 top class coaches teaching you, though.

    nor do you have nba caliber talent.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •