No announcement yet.

Everything Derozan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think DeMar is a guy we should give up on. I think if the Raptors make an investment in him and give him the help he needs he can become an above average player. Keep in mind that the coaching staff could not communicate with him this past off season. He was left to figure out how to develop himself. They probably gave him a program or some ideas, but he obviously needs more than that. I think they should invest some money in the top shooting coach they can find. Spend the money and he will get better. We have come to far with him just to expect him to figure it out.

I also think we should move him around on the floor. Let him play some more 3 like he did in the NJ and Alt. games.
    In no way do I think we should be looking to move him, unless it is a serious upgrade.

I'm not against drafting a Beal or Lamb, but I think DeMar still can be a solid player. If he becomes a 6th man in the future, that's okay.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      I say we use are first pick on Brad Beal, to show DeMar that this isn't acceptable. That way he'll have to get better. He'll finally have competition at that guard position. If you think about DeMar is the only player on the team that didn't have to worry about his starting position. Even barny had a young Ed with potential right behind him waiting for him to falter under a defensive minded coach. DeMar was sitting pretty knowing that he was the present and future of that position. So we draft Beal let them battle it out in training camp
      ya, demar. stop playing so shit or we'll bring in another guy. I don't care that it's not on purpose, now I want you to stop, just stop!don't you tell me it's not possible, i won't tolerate it!

I will bring in an unproven rookie that probably won't take over the starters position and you'll end up befriending and mentoring. that's exactly what i'll do if you don't stop this intolerableness!
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        I say we use are first pick on Brad Beal, to show DeMar that this isn't acceptable. That way he'll have to get better. He'll finally have competition at that guard position. If you think about DeMar is the only player on the team that didn't have to worry about his starting position. Even barny had a young Ed with potential right behind him waiting for him to falter under a defensive minded coach. DeMar was sitting pretty knowing that he was the present and future of that position. So we draft Beal let them battle it out in training camp
        why waste your pick just to get demar to play good? we could draft a barnes, Miller or MKG

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
          why waste your pick just to get demar to play good? we could draft a barnes, Miller or MKG
          We're going to lose are two top 3pointer shooters(Calderon and Barbosa). We're going to something off the bench. DeMar knows his the future at the shooting guard, if we add another young talent it will make him push himself. Prove his worth and if he fails we have a back up plan.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• If an NBA player isn't self-motivated to improve, they don't really belong in the NBA and it will only be a matter of time before they flame out of the league or are relegated to picking up 1 year contracts to sit on the end of the bench (especially someone that isn't naturally talented like DeMar). I think the idea that competition for minutes and for roster spots motivates players is just one of those sports cliches that gets perpetuated by the media.

On a side note, one thing we need to realize with DeRozan is that some players just have a feel for the game and some don't. It isn't really a learned thing so much as an innate natural ability to react to what's going around you and make good decisions. And unfortunately, DeRozan's feel is average at best. No matter how much his skill level improves, he may never be a 1st or 2nd option for that reason alone. Expectations need to be tempered around that fact.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              PS> There were a lot of comparisons made to Bosh and Bargs when they were starting out. I understand that. However, what those guys lacked, they made up in certain areas. DD isn't bringing ANYTHING to the table at all. I can tell that when he's not scoring, his defence (which is marginal at best) gets even worse! Put him back to the bench and make him earn it. Colangelo needs to pull that silver spoon out of his Compton ass.
              pretty revisionist here. do you remember how much people hated bargs for 5+ years. he was the goat even when his shot was falling on this forum. the argument was 20+ points is nothing if he isnt playing defense and rebounding. im pretty sure i remember people say send him out for anything we can still get because everyone in the league knows he is garbage.

i said it before on another forum but i am not disappointed with dd at all. would i like him to hit more shots, of course. but i still think that he can't hit those shots later if he doesn't miss them now. we have all played 50 or horse and hit 4, 5 or 6 3s in a row. and we know how much harder it is with a defender. make that defender an nba player whose goal of the night is to keep you off the score sheet and it gets pretty tough.

with casey telling him to go to the hole and draw the foul it is entirely so that the player has to play for the drive and then the space opens to make that shot easier. i think that demar is doing it backwards by trying to open the drive with the shot that he doesn't have yet.

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                If an NBA player isn't self-motivated to improve, they don't really belong in the NBA and it will only be a matter of time before they flame out of the league or are relegated to picking up 1 year contracts to sit on the end of the bench (especially someone that isn't naturally talented like DeMar). I think the idea that competition for minutes and for roster spots motivates players is just one of those sports cliches that gets perpetuated by the media.
                i agree that an nba player should feel self motivated but competition does boost effort. that is any field. if people feel comfortable they work less hard. human nature. a player being fed minutes regardless who can easily average 10+ points unless they are rasual butler can get a rookie deal and one more payday compared to the player who has to sit on the bench and have his minutes eaten by the player working harder than him and playing better.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  i agree that an nba player should feel self motivated but competition does boost effort. that is any field. if people feel comfortable they work less hard. human nature. a player being fed minutes regardless who can easily average 10+ points unless they are rasual butler can get a rookie deal and one more payday compared to the player who has to sit on the bench and have his minutes eaten by the player working harder than him and playing better.
                  My point is that if DeRozan is going to be any kind of valuable NBA asset, he shouldn't need someone fighting for his minutes to light a fire under his ass. His incredibly shitty play combined with personal pride should be doing that for him. Sure a bit of competition might get him to put in more practice time, but to what end? When he improves and earns those minutes, does he then stop working as hard? Do you always need to keep someone behind him to push him? Is that the kind of player you want to invest a good chunk of your salary cap in? The players that excel are the ones that want to stomp everyone they face, all the time, who believe they're the best and work their asses off to justify that belief.

Comment

• There hasn't been a lot of time this season for a player to work on his individual needs. What with the Raps away games, the need to use any available time for team practices etc. I suspect Derozan hasn't been able to get the time in that he would have liked. It really was a shame the lockout came along and team coaches weren't allowed to have contact. All of those bullsh*t celebrity games he played in diodn't do squat to help his game either. A whole summer and fall of not contact basketball.

Comment

• I think Demar will "get it" ... much like Ed Davis this year, Demar is struggling on offense - likely related to the fact that he is being forced to give an intense effort on the defensive end every possession.

DD won't be a #1 scoring option, but luckily he doesn't need to be. When Bargnani is back he will take lots of pressure off Demar, and pairing that with the extra time Demar has now had to be the offensive focal point - it should lead to good things.

On the FA and trade comments - if we end up landing someone like Wilson Chandler, it would really look like we are able to focus on finding a PG in this draft class. If we end up surging in the 2nd half, we'd end up in the 8-14 range which is a great place to grab a PG.
                      The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        pretty revisionist here. do you remember how much people hated bargs for 5+ years. he was the goat even when his shot was falling on this forum. the argument was 20+ points is nothing if he isnt playing defense and rebounding. im pretty sure i remember people say send him out for anything we can still get because everyone in the league knows he is garbage.

i said it before on another forum but i am not disappointed with dd at all. would i like him to hit more shots, of course. but i still think that he can't hit those shots later if he doesn't miss them now. we have all played 50 or horse and hit 4, 5 or 6 3s in a row. and we know how much harder it is with a defender. make that defender an nba player whose goal of the night is to keep you off the score sheet and it gets pretty tough.

with casey telling him to go to the hole and draw the foul it is entirely so that the player has to play for the drive and then the space opens to make that shot easier. i think that demar is doing it backwards by trying to open the drive with the shot that he doesn't have yet.
                        I believe you just proved my point. I WAS one of those heavy Barg critics that said just that, points is nothing without defence and rebounding (I'm not going to deny that). However, I can't take away the offence that Bargs brought. He was producing then and he's still producing now. The question I ask is, what intangibles or tangibles for that matter, if there's any, is DD bringing now at his third year (where he was given the starting 2 gig since day one)? Is it hustle? Rebounding? Slashing? Scoring? Defense? What? Shouldn't there be some improvement in the very least, a category, considering his "gym-ratness"?

I'm not asking for him to be traded (nor do I hate him - I know, what's with the avatar), I just want something by way of accountability. Perhaps he's getting it now as Tim C. suggested in his article. His minutes are down and plays are drawn for other players like JJ. Giving him the reins to sort his problem though isn't fair to his teammates and the team (meaningless season or not).
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Demar needs to go out and get a good woman to sort out his troubles. It might even help with the acne! Bargs got himself a live-in and see what happened.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            sick!!!

Comment

• I think DeMar and most of the young guys will have the whole season to show if they can become consistent playing the role asked of them. They have lost focus the last couple of games and it's up to this team to start getting off to better starts which allows their confidence to reboot.

Comment

• I don't think Demar's problems have anything to do with lack of effort or desire, in fact more likely the opposite. He knows what he was expected to do this year (based on his breakout last year) and he is busting his butt to be that star Toronto needs. Benching him, looking for a replacement, etc is more likely to break him down even more and totally destroy any shred of confidence he has left. He needs some coaching/counselling/mentoring. I think it's more of a head problem than a talent problem. When he was shooting with confidence to start the year his 3pt #s were what again? No really, I actually don't remember and I'm too lazy to look it up... but something ridiculous.

Comment

Working...
                                X