View Poll Results: Grade Derozan's Season.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • A

1 1.49%
  • B

18 26.87%
  • C

40 59.70%
  • D

8 11.94%
  • F

0 0%
Page 73 of 177 FirstFirst ... 23 63 71 72 73 74 75 83 123 173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 3533

Thread: Everything Demar Derozan

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

you should put +'s and -'s so we can get more accurate results. I.E C+ or B-

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

C+ is the best I can give DD. "Potential" seems to be his best positive going forward. imo, he is a 50/50 proposition that he will be an elite SG in the league. If he does not make the B+ ranking by trading deadline next year he might well be gone. This in part because his contract renewal for serious coin will come into play. Who we draft this year will also be telling in how the org. views him/

Post Thanks / Like

I gave DeRozan a "C", for the following reasons:

- completely invisible for the first half of the season, seemed to have regressed from form at the end of previous season
    - no improvement made in 3pt shooting
    - very little improvement made on the defensive side, despite Casey's overall improvement to team defense
    - inconsistent scoring
    - despite late increase in trips to the foul line, his drives still feel timid for a 3rd year starter who was the team's #1 scoring option, plus he still spends too much time whining to officials
    - seems content being the team's 3rd/4th option; body language is not that of a player that wants to step up and become 'the man' and he appears to posess no leadership qualities on or off the court
    - despite his athleticism and skillset, I cannot objectively hold out hope that we will see any significant improvements in him next year, as he is really no farther along developmentally from what he was last season

Post Thanks / Like

C. I would have gone lower but I don't think it's entirely fair given the crap roster around him. I am honestly disappointed cause I really thought Derozan would have a much better year this year. I was defending him early on this season in the belief he would have a big second half improvement but it didn't happen.

I have two big issues with Derozan.

- His all-court game isn't improving. There has been no appreciable difference in his ball-handling, rebounding, passing and defense year over year. He is a one dimensional player who doesn't bring anything to the table other than scoring and he isn't an efficient scorer. 47th in TS% among qualified SGs. He is basically Nick Young without the 3-ball.

- He disappears far too often for a player who gets as much use as he does. I can't really explain this but if you watch enough games you see him simply fade from the game for quarters at a time. That can't happen when you're supposed to be one of the best players on a team.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Get ready for the Massive Nuclear explosion DeMar will make next season

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Get ready for the Massive Nuclear explosion DeMar will make next season
    There'll be a few GMs/talent evaluators on this forum who'll have to bow to your expertise

Post Thanks / Like

C-. He really came on scoring and defensively at the end of the season. Thing is, that's what he does at the end of every season. I need to see it all year.

I know I harp on this but he REALLY needs to work on his handles this offseason. His "all I need to work on is defense" comment worries me.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    C-. He really came on scoring and defensively at the end of the season. Thing is, that's what he does at the end of every season. I need to see it all year.

I know I harp on this but he REALLY needs to work on his handles this offseason. His "all I need to work on is defense" comment worries me.
    Ditto. I also hope he works on his shooting since, you know, he's a SHOOTING guard and all. Just sayin... unless people like their shooting guards to be weak defensively AND have a 20.6% career (26.1% this season) 3-point shooting average. I, for one, do not.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It worries me too. Sounds like he's underestimating just how much work his overall games still needs.

But then again, DeMar has never been one to give us anything meaningful in interviews. Vagueness is his MO.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I was browsing around Demar's ESPN Splits and found this:

POS GP MIN FG% 3P% FTM-FTA FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
    2 57 34.8 .418 .247 4.1-5.0 .817 0.6 2.6 3.3 2.0 0.2 0.8 2.6 2.0 16.5
    3 6 37.0 .468 .364 6.0-7.8 .766 0.8 3.3 4.2 2.0 0.5 0.8 2.7 1.7 18.7

He's getting to the line more often as a 3, rebounding more, scored more points with a higher efficiency.
    My only worry is that he might not have the size and bulk to be a 3. Him guarding LeBron will be a nightmare.
    If he can add some more weight, I would seriously consider moving him to the 3 spot.

Then maybe we can sign Rudy Fernandez or Jason Terry to man the 2 until we find a long term replacement. Or maybe we get lucky and Beal will fall to us on draft day.

Jose/Bayless?
    Beal or Rudy or Terry/Forbes
    Demar/JJ/Kleiza
    Bargs/ED/Amir
    JV/Gray

Add to that the two 2nd rounders, a few FAs (Dragic anyone?) and if we decide to retain any of the d-leaguers.
    That would be a nice solid foundation to build on. I can see a .500 team right there

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, I've been waiting for Year 3! I really enjoyed the first 3 videos (Years 1 and 2, Coming Home)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Just on Prime Time Sports from Jerry Colangelo

DD offered a spot with Basketball USA for young players who they want involved in their program.

Just walked in on the end of the interview, not quite sure on the extent of the offer but he ended his interview with "I do have breaking news for you.DD......"

Ooops just noted the thread dedicated to this.
    Great news and congrats to DD
    Last edited by jbml; Mon May 7th, 2012 at 08:10 PM.

Raptors Republic Rookie Demar_8756's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A++ for DeMar, this guy is going to be the best, you dont know!!..I noticed that a lot of raptors fans are the biggest haters in the world. Just cuz he hasn't played like Durant or LBJ YET!! Everyone starts criticising how he didn't meet their expectations. WOOPPII!! DeMar has the biggest heart for the game, biggest in the league!!! He wants to be the best, he's awlays working hard to get better. When Bosh left, demar didn't cry like everyone, this guy saw this as an oppurtunity to be the next face for this franchise and he working hard to prove that he is. He will be as good as Kobe, Lebron, D-wade etc. Since most people aren't satisfied with his performance, lets trade this guy and witness another stupid decision by the Toronto Raptors franchise while he's winning games, scoring buzzer beater,winning mvp, winning championships ahahahahahahahahahhahaaha!!!

Raptors Republic Starter theycallmeZZ's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Demar_8756 wrote: View Post
    A++ for DeMar, this guy is going to be the best, you dont know!!..I noticed that a lot of raptors fans are the biggest haters in the world. Just cuz he hasn't played like Durant or LBJ YET!! Everyone starts criticising how he didn't meet their expectations. WOOPPII!! DeMar has the biggest heart for the game, biggest in the league!!! He wants to be the best, he's awlays working hard to get better. When Bosh left, demar didn't cry like everyone, this guy saw this as an oppurtunity to be the next face for this franchise and he working hard to prove that he is. He will be as good as Kobe, Lebron, D-wade etc. Since most people aren't satisfied with his performance, lets trade this guy and witness another stupid decision by the Toronto Raptors franchise while he's winning games, scoring buzzer beater,winning mvp, winning championships ahahahahahahahahahhahaaha!!!

I'd love to have some of what you're smoking

just kidding

But I do agree with some of your points.

Post Thanks / Like

HAHAHAHA!!!I got some PURPLE!!! u want some??? I did write it while i was super high playing 2k12 but seriously DeMar game is sick, it isn't perfect yet but when it is...get ready to hear some NOISE in the league from DeMar. DeRozan is only 5% of his full playing capability, u aint seen nothing YET!!!!!!!!11

Post Thanks / Like

Love the new guys enthusiasm

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Love the new guys enthusiasm
    THANK YOU SIR, appreciate it....I'm not gonna lie, the Toronto Raptors are my favourite team and I really do see something good for the franchise in the future. As long as the right pieces are kept and they keep endorsing Dwayne Casey new system, this team looks good. Gonna become an elite team in the EASTERN conference better than miami LOOOOL

This offseason, demar shouldn't work on shooting, he shouldnt work on defense, he shouldn't work on his handles or his offensive game, he should work on his CONFIDENCE LMAO....this guy has the craziest hops in the league and I didn't see as many posterizing this season as before. Maybe cuz it was a short one but when he drives in he should really just try to jump at them....he should know that he can drunk over anyone!! DeMAR DeROZANNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Demar_8756; Sun May 20th, 2012 at 02:37 PM.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Demar_8756 wrote: View Post
    THANK YOU SIR, appreciate it....I'm not gonna lie, the Toronto Raptors are my favourite team and I really do see something good for the franchise in the future. As long as the right pieces are kept and they keep endorsing Dwayne Casey new system, this team looks good. Gonna become an elite team in the EASTERN conference better than miami LOOOOL

This offseason, demar shouldn't work on shooting, he shouldnt work on defense, he shouldn't work on his handles or his offensive game, he should work on his CONFIDENCE LMAO....this guy has the craziest hops in the league and I didn't see as many posterizing this season as before. Maybe cuz it was a short one but when he drives in he should really just try to jump at them....he should know that he can drunk over anyone!! DeMAR DeROZANNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!
    The optimism bias (also known as unrealistic or comparative optimism) is a self-serving bias that causes a person to believe that they are less at risk of experiencing a negative event compared to others. There are four factors that cause a person to be optimistically biased: their desired end state, their cognitive mechanisms, the information they have about themselves versus others, and overall mood. The optimistic bias is seen in a number of situations, including people believing that they are less at risk of being a crime victim, smokers believing that they are less likely to contract lung cancer or disease than other smokers, and first-time bungee jumpers believing that they are less at risk of an injury than other jumpers....[or in this case, believing your favourite team/player is in better shape than other teams/players]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Optimism_bias
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the board Demar_8756. Your glass is half full, no doubt!

Post Thanks / Like

Does Demar really deserve his own thread?

Thread Information