8-12th pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8-12th pick

Do you think we could put together a viable package to snag the 8-12th from say.... Charlotee, Milwaukee or Detroit, and maybe scoop up a guy like Fredette after we use our #1 overall pick?

I remember hearing that BC doesn't want a second pick because he thinks this team already has too much youth, which will be added to with the Rap's first pick. I kind of agree. A young team needs some vets - hopefully vets with winning experience, if not some championship experience - in order to show the young'uns what's what, like how to pull out a victory in a close game, how to close out a game in which you're up, how to play strong for 82 games, and how to play in the playoffs.

That being said, Fredette while being able to score, is apparently terrible on D, and no one knows how he's going to be able to guard the NBA point. The last thing the Raps need is another massive defensive liability on the floor. Unless they were somehow able to move Bargnani, then they'd simply be swapping one for the other, but in this case, they'd be moving the liability to a position where it's less damaging (that is, not at the C - the last line of defense), and adding a legit 3 point threat to their wing roster.

Charlotte is clearing space and have Oak as an assistant, and Oak has repeatedly, repeatedly said that no team can win with a player like Bargs at the 5, so I doubt they're gonna want him. Detroit, maybe, if we took Richard Hamilton in return, but, again, I dunno 'bout that.

Otherwise, I don't know what other player would be worth trading for a lower pick. Everyone else seems to have some pretty good upside I'd be willing to explore. Others, like Weems or J.Wright, probably aren't enough on their own, or even in combo, to warrant getting a lotto pick back. Could be wrong though.

Comment

I'd rather trade for a slightly lower pick and grab Faried

Comment

Add Faried to Davis and Amir and where/when does he play?

As for trading to get another pick...if we could do a sign and trade with Evans involved with a Weems we may be able to grab a 15-18 type pick from a playoff team that needs a little grit in the lineup. Also, Barbosa may be able to fetch a late first rounder.
        Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

SitnonDfence wrote: View Post
          Do you think we could put together a viable package to snag the 8-12th from say.... Charlotee, Milwaukee or Detroit, and maybe scoop up a guy like Fredette after we use our #1 overall pick?
          Jimmer is gonna be a top 5 pick after this tourney.

Comment

I love Jimmer, but he is not a top 5 pick.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Jimmy is overrated and overhyped by the broadcasters.

Remember Tranjon Landon (sp?)

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                Jimmer is gonna be a top 5 pick after this tourney.
                I find it hard to see Fredette crack the top 10. There are far better players like Irving, Barnes, Faried, Walker, Sullinger etc... Freddette is just an undersized scorer, he has nothing 'special' which puts him in the top 5.

Comment

freddy

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                  I find it hard to see Fredette crack the top 10. There are far better players like Irving, Barnes, Faried, Walker, Sullinger etc... Freddette is just an undersized scorer, he has nothing 'special' which puts him in the top 5.
                  from what i saw, hes a pretty adept passer too, and as far as the defense goes, there are maybe 2 or 3 pg's in the entire league that can adequately guard the position on a nightly basis, no pg in the league can be held solely responsible for containing the likes of Paul, Rose , Nash, or many others.

Fredette seems like a kid that with alot of work could have some Nashty potential, maybe only because i saw the Santa Clara game on replay the other night and ive got nash on the brain, but he could also just be another roko ukic....FAIL.

Comment

I would take Jimmer,ONLY if he has the mindset and motor of Tyler Hansborugh. Which is...to not only work hard and practice hard, but play like the entire world is mocking him because he is a overhyped white guy that no one think he can take on anyone from the league.

Comment

I thought Jonny Flynn was far more electric in his NCAA tournament, got drafted #6 and has had his problems in the NBA. One has to be careful of overevaluating players in the spotlight at this tournament.

Comment

That's why Minnesota took Rubio as well in case Flynn didn't pan out..
                        Oh wait...

Comment

Watched Jimmer play for the first time last night and I was impressed. I know that's just one game but apparently he's been doing that all year. She showed some good vision with his passing (much more than Bayless IMO) and is obviously an awesome scorer. He's not just a shooter but he can finish around the rim too. The guy scored 43 points against a very athletic SDSU team so I'm pretty confident he'll be able to get his points in the NBA too.

http://www.byucougars.com/uploads/pdf/0000014982-1.pdf

Defense wise, like some others said, there's not too many PG's that can guard opposing PG's in the NBA. How many people are quick enough on D to stop Westbrook or Rose or Rondo or...I can go on and on. Even those guys can't guard each other (the only exception may be Rondo). I think with the no hand-check rules now, there's no way way you can stop those guys for an entire game. I think jeff_hostetler alluded to it - the Center has to be your last line of defense and with the center that the Raps have now, pairing Jimmer with Bargs would be a disaster. But with a center more defensive minded, I wouldn't mind seeing Jimmer in a Raps (or Huskies) uniform.

Comment

A lot of Flynn's issues has to do with the scheme they had in 'sota tho. He's got potential.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
                              I would take Jimmer,ONLY if he has the mindset and motor of Tyler Hansborugh. Which is...to not only work hard and practice hard, but play like the entire world is mocking him because he is a overhyped white guy that no one think he can take on anyone from the league.
                              He does, maybe even a better mindset.

santimo wrote: View Post
                              Watched Jimmer play for the first time last night and I was impressed. I know that's just one game but apparently he's been doing that all year. She showed some good vision with his passing (much more than Bayless IMO) and is obviously an awesome scorer. He's not just a shooter but he can finish around the rim too. The guy scored 43 points against a very athletic SDSU team so I'm pretty confident he'll be able to get his points in the NBA too.

http://www.byucougars.com/uploads/pdf/0000014982-1.pdf

Defense wise, like some others said, there's not too many PG's that can guard opposing PG's in the NBA. How many people are quick enough on D to stop Westbrook or Rose or Rondo or...I can go on and on. Even those guys can't guard each other (the only exception may be Rondo). I think with the no hand-check rules now, there's no way way you can stop those guys for an entire game. I think jeff_hostetler alluded to it - the Center has to be your last line of defense and with the center that the Raps have now, pairing Jimmer with Bargs would be a disaster. But with a center more defensive minded, I wouldn't mind seeing Jimmer in a Raps (or Huskies) uniform.
                              I've been saying that for weeks now and people here didn't and probably still don't believe me.

Comment

Working...
                              X