Are the Young Gunz Done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Young Gunz Done?

Interesting how the year began, plenty of fanfare and hype for the Young "Onez". Funny enough, our security chief who coined the moniker no longer works for the Raps.

Anyways, here we are in the dog dayz of March, and it can only be surmised that the whole Young Onez movement was a failure.

Rarely do all 3 share the floor, and really only Demar has upped his game this year. More than likely, Weems is done, and I dont' know ANYBODY who bought seats in the Young Onez section on purpose, let alone sing their wank songs.

So is it safe to say that come October, the term "Young Onez" will be gone with the wind?

It just didn't make any sense for those three to distance themselves from the team through self promotion. It's not even like they had proven anything. I didn't agree with it then and I'm glad that without a doubt it looks like a bunch of foolishness now in hindsight.

I think this version of that entity is dead. No way of telling if Amir and DeMar get a new band mate, like Ed. I know Sonny is walking off the set.

Comment

One and done. Young Nunz for Life!!!
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
        One and done. Young Nunz for Life!!!
        LOL! Now that is a photo shop .gif waiting to happen!

Comment

I think the moniker died after the first 3 weeks of the season.

Comment

IMO, the problem with the whole marketing scheme was two of the players were almost carbon copies of one another.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              IMO, the problem with the whole marketing scheme was two of the players were almost carbon copies of one another.
              It's true. Also, why take a cross section of your team and put them aside from everyone else like a little "crew". I can't see that having any positive effect at all. Truthfully, I see this as a major failure for the MLSE marketing team, and ultimately a big waste of money.

Come on...have you seen their site?? They have songs?? "Demmmar demar demar demarr...de mar....de mar..."

Comment

It was pooooorly done as well. I thought it was pretty awesome at the time that three players embraced the city and wanted to be a part of it after CB leaving. It just woulda been nice if they were...good.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

No, Young Gunz will never be done.

Comment

I don't think they're immoral, RaptorsFan4Life.

Comment

Im loving the new movement "Best 2 players on the team Onez" duo of Bargs and DeRo. ahaha jokes

Comment

Weems is done, JJ took over. Btw Did you guyz see that monster dunk in the first quarter by James Johnson? He just grabbed the ball and ran down the court like freight train and threw it down. That was just nasty

Comment

“The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

That was simply a marketing scheme by BC to sell tickets in the off season and create some vibes around the team. I remember when he got Weems and Johnson for Delfino , people praised that trade as one of the best in NBA. Amir alone now is making more than Carlos and putting up smaller numbers. We saw the same thing with the trade for Bayless. Raptor fans were told he is an ALL-STAR and again praising this trade and ... we see how this is turning up to be.

Bottom line, we have a conman as our GM and he knows how to promote himself.
                            Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Sat Mar 19, 2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Young Gunz need new ammo aka Irving, hoekay dey reloah-diid
                              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                              X