Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bargs or Bogut?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bargs or Bogut?

Bargnani or Bogut. Two 7 foot non-american centers. Two former 1rst picks. Who'd you rather see in a Raptor uniform?

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bogut, and it's not even close. He's averaging a double double, leads the league in blocks, and has the Bucks in the hunt for the 8th seed in the east despite the team sucking hard. Last year I may have replied differently, but between Bargnani's lack of defensive/rebounding growth and Bogut's fantastic numbers and defense, I'll take Bogut.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Post Thanks / Like

Bogut has had some injury issues, that would be my only concern for his long term career.

Raptors Republic Starter bloodyhandedgod's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bogut
    “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Post Thanks / Like

I'd much rather have Bogut.

Post Thanks / Like

Bogut would fit the team perfectly. He's not a superstar but he gives a team everything they need in a center. Bargnani might be a good complement at PF to a guy like Bogut.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Bogut would fit the team perfectly. He's not a superstar but he gives a team everything they need in a center. Bargnani might be a good complement at PF to a guy like Bogut.
    Maybe we could do a double sign and trade with Weems and Ajinca for Bogut?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Maybe we could do a double sign and trade with Weems and Ajinca for Bogut?
    Tell me I'm not dreaming. LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pele wrote: View Post
    Bargnani or Bogut. Two 7 foot non-american centers. Two former 1rst picks. Who'd you rather see in a Raptor uniform?
    I've often pondered this comparison, so kudos to bringin it up.

Bogut has been in the league a full season longer than Bargs, but has only played 15 more games. Thats troublesome to say the least. Up until last year, he was NOT a sure thing.

With Bargs, there's still SO much we're yet to see. And far be it from me to say whether we ever will see it, but there is that chance that Bargs' light bulb just turns on and suddenly he gets it. Who knows. So I'd still say potential wise, Bargnani could prove to be an All-Star. If he tried even a LITTLE bit harder, he'd easily grab 7.5 boards a game. If he could do that while giving us a block and 22pts, then give me Bargs. But thats just it... eventually potential becomes failed chances.

I think with Bogut, what you see if what you get. You know he's going to be solid.
    If we were looking to win, give me Bogut. If we're going to be building something, then I'd like to see what Bargs has got.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bogut. Hands down.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Superstar Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bogut...with a cast.

Equitable trade because Skiles will put Bargs head in one when he gets there.

Raptors Republic Rookie goldenboy78's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

bogut, only because he is everything the Raps need, A good quality defence first center

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I've often pondered this comparison, so kudos to bringin it up.

Bogut has been in the league a full season longer than Bargs, but has only played 15 more games. Thats troublesome to say the least. Up until last year, he was NOT a sure thing.

With Bargs, there's still SO much we're yet to see. And far be it from me to say whether we ever will see it, but there is that chance that Bargs' light bulb just turns on and suddenly he gets it. Who knows. So I'd still say potential wise, Bargnani could prove to be an All-Star. If he tried even a LITTLE bit harder, he'd easily grab 7.5 boards a game. If he could do that while giving us a block and 22pts, then give me Bargs. But thats just it... eventually potential becomes failed chances.

I think with Bogut, what you see if what you get. You know he's going to be solid.
    If we were looking to win, give me Bogut. If we're going to be building something, then I'd like to see what Bargs has got.
    You Sir know what your talking about. I agree with you totally

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

ummm bogut lol? thats not even a question id take him even if he had his broken hand no sence in deciding a one dimensional player compared to an all around player

Raptors Republic Starter pesterm1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bogut would give the raps a huge advantage in blocks. apparently he is getting another elbow surgery in the summer though. hopefully he bounces back strong. bargs is the exact opposite of bogut and it seems defense andd blocks are harder to find in this league then scoring is. so ya bogut would be my choice too

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Is this serious? Look at Bogut he's a beast. He only has injury problems, but otherwise he is a lot better than Bargnani (apart from offense, but Bogut is decent in the post).

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Bogut was far and away the best player on a good Bucks team last year and was looking like the 2nd best center in the league until the injury. Even though he's fallen off a bit, he's still the man.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Pele wrote: View Post
    Bogut is a seriously injury prone player. May not last in the league for much longer at the rate he's going.

Yet I'd still take Bogut in a heartbeat.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bogut and it's a joke to even put the 2 in the same category.

Although Bogut has missed more games I don't know if the injury prone tag is appropriate. His biggest chunk of missed games was from a freak accident, not a recurring ankle or knee issue like Josh Howard or the infamous jumpers knee a la VC.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

At Andreas age and after 5 years in the League we all know what he is and what he isn't. He isn't gonna start grabbing boards or locking down the post and he isn't ever going to be the alpha male, gimme the ball, I want to kill my opponent type of player you need to be if all you're gonna do is chuck shots.

It's a fact that players games tend to round out and get better as they enter the fabled "prime" years but very rarely, if ever, do you see a player actually change the core of his game.

Thread Information