Bargs or Bogut?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargs or Bogut?

Bargnani or Bogut. Two 7 foot non-american centers. Two former 1rst picks. Who'd you rather see in a Raptor uniform?

Bogut, and it's not even close. He's averaging a double double, leads the league in blocks, and has the Bucks in the hunt for the 8th seed in the east despite the team sucking hard. Last year I may have replied differently, but between Bargnani's lack of defensive/rebounding growth and Bogut's fantastic numbers and defense, I'll take Bogut.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Bogut has had some injury issues, that would be my only concern for his long term career.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Bogut
        “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

I'd much rather have Bogut.

Comment

Bogut would fit the team perfectly. He's not a superstar but he gives a team everything they need in a center. Bargnani might be a good complement at PF to a guy like Bogut.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              Bogut would fit the team perfectly. He's not a superstar but he gives a team everything they need in a center. Bargnani might be a good complement at PF to a guy like Bogut.
              Maybe we could do a double sign and trade with Weems and Ajinca for Bogut?

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Maybe we could do a double sign and trade with Weems and Ajinca for Bogut?
                Tell me I'm not dreaming. LOL

Comment

Pele wrote: View Post
                  Bargnani or Bogut. Two 7 foot non-american centers. Two former 1rst picks. Who'd you rather see in a Raptor uniform?
                  I've often pondered this comparison, so kudos to bringin it up.

Bogut has been in the league a full season longer than Bargs, but has only played 15 more games. Thats troublesome to say the least. Up until last year, he was NOT a sure thing.

With Bargs, there's still SO much we're yet to see. And far be it from me to say whether we ever will see it, but there is that chance that Bargs' light bulb just turns on and suddenly he gets it. Who knows. So I'd still say potential wise, Bargnani could prove to be an All-Star. If he tried even a LITTLE bit harder, he'd easily grab 7.5 boards a game. If he could do that while giving us a block and 22pts, then give me Bargs. But thats just it... eventually potential becomes failed chances.

I think with Bogut, what you see if what you get. You know he's going to be solid.
                  If we were looking to win, give me Bogut. If we're going to be building something, then I'd like to see what Bargs has got.

Comment

Bogut. Hands down.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Bogut...with a cast.

Equitable trade because Skiles will put Bargs head in one when he gets there.

Comment

bogut, only because he is everything the Raps need, A good quality defence first center

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          I've often pondered this comparison, so kudos to bringin it up.

Bogut has been in the league a full season longer than Bargs, but has only played 15 more games. Thats troublesome to say the least. Up until last year, he was NOT a sure thing.

With Bargs, there's still SO much we're yet to see. And far be it from me to say whether we ever will see it, but there is that chance that Bargs' light bulb just turns on and suddenly he gets it. Who knows. So I'd still say potential wise, Bargnani could prove to be an All-Star. If he tried even a LITTLE bit harder, he'd easily grab 7.5 boards a game. If he could do that while giving us a block and 22pts, then give me Bargs. But thats just it... eventually potential becomes failed chances.

I think with Bogut, what you see if what you get. You know he's going to be solid.
                          If we were looking to win, give me Bogut. If we're going to be building something, then I'd like to see what Bargs has got.
                          You Sir know what your talking about. I agree with you totally

Comment

ummm bogut lol? thats not even a question id take him even if he had his broken hand no sence in deciding a one dimensional player compared to an all around player

Comment

Bogut would give the raps a huge advantage in blocks. apparently he is getting another elbow surgery in the summer though. hopefully he bounces back strong. bargs is the exact opposite of bogut and it seems defense andd blocks are harder to find in this league then scoring is. so ya bogut would be my choice too

Comment

Working...
                              X