How about Rick Adelman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about Rick Adelman?

Opinion piece in the Houston Cronicle today stating Rick Adelman's tenure has run its course in Houston. Click here for article.

Personally, I think he has always got the most out of his teams - and in the face of great adversity, especially in Houston.

The opinion that his time has run its course is very similar to my thoughts on Triano in Toronto.

I'm not sure if Adelman would be up for taking over a rebuild - probably not. But like the draft, trades, and free agents it is nice to dream

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Opinion piece in the Houston Cronicle today stating Rick Adelman's tenure has run its course in Houston. Click here for article.

Personally, I think he has always got the most out of his teams - and in the face of great adversity, especially in Houston.

The opinion that his time has run its course is very similar to my thoughts on Triano in Toronto.

I'm not sure if Adelman would be up for taking over a rebuild - probably not. But like the draft, trades, and free agents it is nice to dream
    Good for me. Like you wrote he does get teams to play cohesively on both sides of the ball and had coached a fairly "international" team in Sacramento in good runs. The young personnel on the Raps might be a negative unless BC does a selling job mapping out say a 2-3 yr plan. I have always liked his demeanor and control over his players. Wonder what the real problem is in Houston...maybe a falling out with Morey on player movement.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      Good for me. Like you wrote he does get teams to play cohesively on both sides of the ball and had coached a fairly "international" team in Sacramento in good runs. The young personnel on the Raps might be a negative unless BC does a selling job mapping out say a 2-3 yr plan. I have always liked his demeanor and control over his players. Wonder what the real problem is in Houston...maybe a falling out with Morey on player movement.
      Drafting a highly touted player might help the cause but I think the key will be the number in front of the six 0's - 4 or 5?.

Comment

I was seriously just going to start a thread exactly like this one. It must be a sign!

Comment

A non rookie, defensive coach? Hired by the Raptors? HAHAHAhahaha! That's a good one.

Comment

Seriously, though. Where do I sign?

Comment

I would do that if he wants out of Houston. Triano just isn't good enough.

Comment

I don't know if he'd want out of Houston though....

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                  A non rookie, defensive coach? Hired by the Raptors? HAHAHAhahaha! That's a good one.
                  When fans don't even think the Raptors are interested in a veteran head coach, you clearly know the organization is a joke *** .

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                    When fans don't even think the Raptors are interested in a veteran head coach, you clearly know the organization is a joke *** .
                    Lenny Wilkens?
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

I think the big question with Rick Adelman is not whether he wants out of Houston but if he wants to coach at all. Houston seems done with him, but if hes done with basketball, we aren't getting him out of Portland to coach a young team and essentially start from scratch AGAIN with a shifty GM situation when any number of championship teams could be a fit with Phil Jackson on his way out, possibly Doc Rivers or SVG for not progressing in the playoffs. If ORL drops SVG though, Id pick him up too.

Comment

I could really get behind Adelman. Great coach.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Unless MLSE is gonna shell out major dollars, Adelman won't come here.

Comment

Even for big money, I don't see a guy like Adelman taking this job. The only reason he took the Houston job was cause he thought he had McGrady and Yao and could get more out of them. The Raps don't have one player that even comes close to either of those guys.

Plus, BC will not hire a veteran head coach. That isn't his history and he's been a GM over a decade.

Comment

One step closer Matt. One step closer.

AP source: Rockets won't renew Adelman's contract

HOUSTON (AP) -- A person familiar with the decision says Rick Adelman is out as coach of the Houston Rockets.

The team will not renew Adelman's contract for next season says the person, who spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity Monday because the team has not made an official announcement.

KRIV-TV and the Houston Chronicle first reported the decision.

The 64-year-old Adelman went 193-135 in four seasons with the Rockets and led them to their only playoff series victory since 1997. His career record is 945-616 and ranks eighth in career victories.
                              Source

Comment

Working...
                              X