Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 32 of 32

Thread: How about Rick Adelman?

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They are talking about him getting the LA job and chance at rings. Do you really think he will come to Toronto and play with a team full of scrubs, no talent players !!! Get Real People

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    They are talking about him getting the LA job and chance at rings. Do you really think he will come to Toronto and play with a team full of scrubs, no talent players !!! Get Real People
    Do you even read the comments in the threads?

    Why do you post on a Raptors forum with comments such as "team full of scrubs, no talent players !!!" ?

    Yet, interesting enough, in other threads you sing the praises of a player (Bargnani) on this team - that is supposedly full of scrubs and no talent players?

    I really am confused by the purpose and intentions of the postings on RR.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Relax Pal, you are losing it again. I am Raptor fan as much as you are. I did read the comments and I am just adding my personal opinion to it. I never said AB is a star or anything close to one.

    AB is at best a 3rd option in a good team and he is getting paid like ONE ( 8.5 million a year).
    DD is at best ( right now and probably will be in future) a good starter in this league ( Jason Terry Kind of Player).


    This is young team but nothing to be super excited about which has tone of talent and ... This is not Memphis or a Clippers and I dare to say Indiana !! Those teams have some nice young talents that gets the Coach excited to take a risk but not Raptors.

    That being said, add that coming to Toronto, Hockey town and all ...

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,223
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Relax Pal, you are losing it again. I am Raptor fan as much as you are. I did read the comments and I am just adding my personal opinion to it. I never said AB is a star or anything close to one.

    AB is at best a 3rd option in a good team and he is getting paid like ONE ( 8.5 million a year).
    DD is at best ( right now and probably will be in future) a good starter in this league ( Jason Terry Kind of Player).


    This is young team but nothing to be super excited about which has tone of talent and ... This is not Memphis or a Clippers and I dare to say Indiana !! Those teams have some nice young talents that gets the Coach excited to take a risk but not Raptors.

    That being said, add that coming to Toronto, Hockey town and all ...
    One thing you can always be certain of is my composure. Telling me to relax is unnecessary and the references of 'pal' is once again wreaking with arrogance and obnoxiousness.

    With that said, valid points on Bargnani.

    As was mentioned in a comment there is no doubt there are many other teams Adelman would pick before TOR - TOR would most likely not even be considered.

    Difference between Memphis, Clippers, and Indiana is up until this year neither team has made the playoffs since 2006. That gives them 2 extra years of building to get to where they are and rightfully considered a better option for just about any coach over Toronto. As an aside, Indiana is in a really good position financially as well with only $34.8M committed to salaries next season.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    987
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    One thing you can always be certain of is my composure. Telling me to relax is unnecessary and the references of 'pal' is once again wreaking with arrogance and obnoxiousness.
    .
    Ok, what ever you say PAL

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    201
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Replacement for Triano

    Deadallus

  7. #27
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    DD is at best ( right now and probably will be in future) a good starter in this league ( Jason Terry Kind of Player).
    DeMar DeRozan is absolutely nothing like Jason Terry. It's like saying Joakim Noah is a Dirk Nowitzki kind of player.

    On a side note, Indiana had the worst attendance in the league and are bleeding money. Yeah, coaches want to go there over Toronto.

    The Raptors look to have the same sort of set up as the Rockets. Just a bunch of pieces with no real all-stars. Obviously the talent isn't on par but a good selection at the draft, a solid free agency and a trade could have them in a solid position where any coach can make an imprint on the club. If Adelman wants a team he can mold his way then the Raptors are a good candidate.

  8. #28
    Raptors Republic Rookie Liston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    ...Personally I think there are two options in Adelman's future:

    1) coach a contender, or
    2) retirement

    He is 64....
    Good points - see his quote:
    "I had three experiences [before Houston]," he said. "At two, I had a lot of talent and at one, I didn't. I won at two places and didn't win at the other. I figured it out that talent is pretty important, ..."
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=6384752

    Thought someone else said that talent is a big factor.....

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    funny cause in my player mode in 2k11. My player is a pg for the raptors and they fired JT and hired rick adleman. Very ironic

  10. #30
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,990
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Funny. Every rendition of the game for the past three years has had the Raptors with a trainer(can't remember, could be a scout) making like $7-8M/yr for two-three years which blows the staffing budget and prevents you from getting rid if Jay for anybody better or equal to him. You always need to wait for that other guy's contract to expire first... Which takes like two or three seasons. It's like somebody at 2K hates the Raptors fans and put in this little jab to spite them. No other team in the game has such a handicap as far as I know. Off topic. My bad.

  11. #31
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Funny. Every rendition of the game for the past three years has had the Raptors with a trainer(can't remember, could be a scout) making like $7-8M/yr for two-three years which blows the staffing budget and prevents you from getting rid if Jay for anybody better or equal to him. You always need to wait for that other guy's contract to expire first... Which takes like two or three seasons. It's like somebody at 2K hates the Raptors fans and put in this little jab to spite them. No other team in the game has such a handicap as far as I know. Off topic. My bad.
    Oh my god Apollo!!! This is too funny. I've literally thought about posting those exact same words. Just never knew where to get it in. I HATE it!! It's the NBA Scout for the Raps. Not even the prospect scout. Unbelievable.
    His contract just ran out in my game. Was sooo happy when the off-season came and there wasn't even a good coach to hire. Jay was the best on the market. Go figure. hahah
    In Masai we Trust.

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Rookie Liston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    AB is at best a 3rd option in a good team and he is getting paid like ONE ( 8.5 million a year)..
    Andrea Bargnani will average $10.5 million over the next 4 years.
    http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •