Most effective Raptor, Least effective Raptor? 2010-11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBF wrote: View Post
    least: calderon for dishing out 5 million assists in a gmae while continuing to shoot highly contested 3 balls that even bargnani wouldn't shoot.
    You apparently haven't noticed how often the offense has gone off the rails when Calderon leaves the game. He's certainly not a great defender, but what he does very well is get the ball where it need go and help the offense keep chugging along. And you do realize he's got the highest 3 point percentage on the entire team, right?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      most: davis or evans they go out there knowing exactly what they want to get done and get it done.

least: calderon for dishing out 5 million assists in a gmae while continuing to shoot highly contested 3 balls that even bargnani wouldn't shoot. Also, kleiza for having some retarded injury that causes him to be sidelined for 85 years while still being able to seemingly function properly?!
      Time to help your uncle Jack?

Looks like we have our first RR fan casualty of this forgettable season.

Comment

Least - Weems, Bayless, Alabi are super trash and will never amount to anything. Trade them or cut them asap.

Most - Barbosa; he is consistent and doesn't play typical raptors slop ball.. he must be kept and should have been shut down long ago. Also Derozan and Amir have been much more consistent this year and deserve credit. Number one most important thing is putting up an effort night in and night out.

Comment

most effective: Amir Johnson
          least effective: it pains me to say this but its a tie between Weems,and Bayless

Comment

b2kelly wrote: View Post
            Least - Weems, Bayless, Alabi are super trash and will never amount to anything.
            Bayless has potential, he needs to work on man2man defense and his clutch play and reduce his turnovers. Weems is so trash, he turns the ball over on simple plays and can create off the bounce he is also a bad passer, he will forever be the rare recipient of fast break plays and nothing more. Alabi can't be judged, I've seen play mediocre in Summer League , but he needs to work on his aggressiveness and his awareness and he will be a good bench player in the years to come.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
              Alabi can't be judged, I've seen play mediocre in Summer League , but he needs to work on his aggressiveness and his awareness and he will be a good bench player in the years to come.
              I personally don't think Alabi has what it takes to hack it in the NBA. I remember watching him in Vancouver at the start of the Season.. It was really comical watching Jarett Jack almost lose his mind because Alabi was incapable of following simple instructions and struggled with running basic pick and roles. Not to mention his lack of intensity. All he has going for him is he is a true 7 footer which doesn't amount to much if you have the basketball IQ of a six year old.

I think bayless at best is a project, but hes not worth the effort. His game or lack there of is so deeply ingrained as him as a player that I think no matter what system you throw at him he won't be able to adapt. All in all he is not that good and I don't think he will ever be.. I don't want to wait 4 years for him to "get it" I'd rather see the raps have their pick at one of dozens of PG's better then him who are already proven.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                No really? i thought he was serious(sarcasm).

Comment

most: Amir

least: a three man/three game rotation of Bargnani, Barbosa, Weems.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    most: Amir

least: a three man/three game rotation of Bargnani, Barbosa, Weems.
                    Minus Barbosa

Comment

still can't believe weems is on a contract year. does this dude just not like money? wtf

Comment

Most effective: Compton Kid

Least Effective: Everyone else

Comment

James Johnson engulfs the team with defensive spirit, hes a beast and so is Barbosa.

Comment

^ lol I just noticed your avatar and really had a good laugh.. A real true LOL

Comment

b2kelly wrote: View Post
                              ^ lol I just noticed your avatar and really had a good laugh.. A real true LOL
                              Thanks, I think its a keeper.

Comment

Least? Yeah, Sonny for sure.
                                Most? Just to stir the pot a bit, I'm gonna say...JuJu.
                                Yes, that's right, Julian Wright. Obvioulsy he wasn't ACTUALLY the most effective, but this is my protest vote against Jay Triano. He either slept with Triano's wife or shot his puppy, I mean, there HAS to be a logical explanation for not playing your best defensive wing (JJ is now tied with him in that category) on a spectacularly bad defensive team. When JuJu is on the court, good things almost always seem to happen. The ball doesn't stick on offence, he passes it beautifully, finishes well at the rim the few times he takes a shot, and his defence speaks for itself. When he's on the court, the team plays better. Period. So he has my vote as (potentially) the most effective Raptor.

Comment

Working...
                                X