No announcement yet.

Bargnani trade partners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would definitely want their pick. Thompson's a backup C at best, albeit a decent one.

My crazy scenario was pure dream speculation. I see roughly 0% chance of it happening. However, where I think the 50 wins come from is the bench. That's probably the best bench lineup in the NBA.

Comment

Just a note of reference, Jerry Reynolds has recently come out and said that the Kings would be open to trading their 2011 First Round Pick. I can only link to the realGM forum with the video and discussion that follows:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=29&t=1101716

Jerry Reynolds is the Director of Player Personell for the Kings. Here is part of his write-up on the Kings website:

In his 25th season with the Kings organization, Jerry Reynolds serves as the club's director, player personnel. He was named to the position in July of 1994 after serving two seasons as the team's general manager. Reynolds is responsible for keeping abreast of both the professional and collegiate talent pools available to the Kings, while also helping to oversee the club's scouting efforts.
      If someone who "helps oversee the club's scouting efforts" is saying it is a possibility that they will trade the pick, that is an encouraging item to look at.
      http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
        Looking at the above roster, I could not gaurantee that they would win 50 games. They look like a strong group, but there are still weaknesses/uncertainties. JJ is still a very inconsistent player. He brings some good tools to the job, but there are points when he forgets his toolbox at home on game day. It is also tough to project how long it will take for a particular player, in this case Kyrie Irving, to develop/acclimate himself to the NBA game.

I also struggle with having a three-tier hypothetical like this...1) make this particular trade, 2) use picks to trade up and acquire certain player, 3) steal this FA by overspending.

Ideally, if the above type of trade could be made (ie. to acquire a second high pick) I would like the Raptors to use both of the picks to add two of the following: Barnes, Kanter, Kyrie. If it is not possible to add two of those three, then I could see packaging the picks to try and move up to get Kyrie. But addign Kanter and Barnes would be a great draft day, in my opinion it would be even better then adding just Kyrie

People seem to be jumping at this Sacramento trade idea...which makes me think it may be a little too unrealistic. So how about this:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4ahl3ra

This trade would work after the season when Bargnani is no longer a BYC contract.

Still interested if it includes their First Round Pick? We take back a worse contract in Udrih (compared to Garcia). Probably more appealing to Sacramento...but would you still do it?
        Sure for the pick, and absolutely. As 'sure' a thing is supposed to be at the top of the draft, I would prefer to take two top prospects and strengthen a couple of positions all at once than put all the marbles in one player without addressing our needs. Not sold that BC would do this but it would work in my eyes.

Shantz wrote: View Post
        Just a note of reference, Jerry Reynolds has recently come out and said that the Kings would be open to trading their 2011 First Round Pick. I can only link to the realGM forum with the video and discussion that follows:

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/view...f=29&t=1101716

Jerry Reynolds is the Director of Player Personell for the Kings. Here is part of his write-up on the Kings website:

If someone who "helps oversee the club's scouting efforts" is saying it is a possibility that they will trade the pick, that is an encouraging item to look at.

Nice find, and two lotto picks would be very interesting as above.

Comment

There was a rumor not too long ago that the Cavs are looking to ship out the rest of the vets, Varejao included. They even feel they can move Baron Davis without creating a hostage situation or paying Isiah Thomas to lobby Dolan.

I think Orlando and Atlanta make a lot of sense. Phoenix maybe, as they're about to go full blown rebuild. They're getting frustrated with Lopez's development by the way. Denver maybe. Felton may request a trade if they don't move him into the starting lineup. He recently implied this. Also Wilson Chadler is due for a pay day, he may be an odd man out. He could be worked into a S&T with Felton. Chandler, Felton and a pick for Bargnani, and Calderon would make sense.

Comment

A trade with Utah or Sacramento makes a lot of sense. July 1st Barg's BYC restriction ends and so a two part trade of:

1) TPE for Bell
            2) Bargs for Okur, NJN 1st and UTH 1st

could work.

Comment

YKOil wrote: View Post
              A trade with Utah or Sacramento makes a lot of sense. July 1st Barg's BYC restriction ends and so a two part trade of:

1) TPE for Bell
              2) Bargs for Okur, NJN 1st and UTH 1st

could work.
              Why would Utah trade Raja Bell, and their first round pick for the TPE?? They want to rebuild with picks so unless they are getting something, this just isn't happening.

Comment

Working...
              X