OKC thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

t_rapsfan24 wrote: View Post
    totally agree if they dont resign either of them its gonna be a long season......again
    Barbosa has a PLAYER option for next season, which he is almost guaranteed to exercise. Evans is a free agent and will probably sign elsewhere, unless we seriously overpay.

Comment

Hey guys here are the highlights for the game, for those who missed the game or just want to check out some sweet plays by our team:

Comment

CalibreMC wrote: View Post
        Barbosa has a PLAYER option for next season, which he is almost guaranteed to exercise. Evans is a free agent and will probably sign elsewhere, unless we seriously overpay.
        I guess you're right...

Comment

If anyone needs more to smile about after that, check out the okc thunder blog recap where they were quite proud of Kendrick for taking trash talk from Johnson on one play and then goading Johnson into a tech on the next play (never mind that it was two different johnsons). I could probably overlook that one but when he goes on to say he's glad that no western playoff team has a player like bargnani on their roster.....
          http://www.dailythunder.com/2011/03/...in-95-93-loss/

Comment

CalibreMC wrote: View Post
            Why can't BC give him an extension at $2-3m a year before free agency? He is clearly the glue guy on this team and the team plays hard when he plays. If we lose Reggie, the rebuild becomes longer. It is never a good thing for a young, rebuilding team to lose their veterans imo . Also, can BC pursue a Bargs for Marc Gasol trade - the guy rebounds, defends, has an offensive repertoire and is as tough as nails or if BC can't do that, can he trade Bargs at the draft for a young player and a first round draft pick and after that, can we go all in for Marc Gasol with a front-loaded contract at $11-12m per year ($11+10+9+8+7 = $45 m or $12+11+10+9+8 = $50 m for a 5 year contract) which Memphis is not likely to match (since they recently gave new shiny 5 year contracts of $45 m and $85 m to Mike Conley and Rudy Gay respectively)? With Marc Gasol, we get some offense for Bargs offense (even though it is inefficient imo) and the defense and rebounding is icing on the cake. Start Marc Gasol and Amir, Ed Davis and a resigned Reggie (hopefully, BC offers him a $2-3m per year for 3 years extension as we will likely lose him to free agency) as backup 4s or 5s, Harrison Barnes, Terrence Jones or Derrick Williams with the Bargs trade first round pick as the backup 3 and Kemba Walker or Kyrie Irving as our own first round pick as a backup 1 or starter - now that is a good team there.

Comment

smushmush: why would Reggie take an extension at 2-3 million? He would only do that if he didn't think he could get better money somewhere else. But he probably CAN get better money somewhere else, because we already have a lot of decent bigs.

I agree that going after Gasol makes a lot of sense, but I think he will probably get more than a 45-50 million.

Comment

If the team wins to overtake New Jersey in the standings but the wins represent a significant improvement in the play of this team and its players, is this worth losing another spot in the draft order? I'm just wondering. My take on this is they should finish strong. Thoughts?
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

How do they lose a spot in the draft order if it's a lottery?

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                    Why can't BC give him an extension at $2-3m a year before free agency? He is clearly the glue guy on this team and the team plays hard when he plays. If we lose Reggie, the rebuild becomes longer. It is never a good thing for a young, rebuilding team to lose their veterans imo . Also, can BC pursue a Bargs for Marc Gasol trade - the guy rebounds, defends, has an offensive repertoire and is as tough as nails or if BC can't do that, can he trade Bargs at the draft for a young player and a first round draft pick and after that, can we go all in for Marc Gasol with a front-loaded contract at $11-12m per year ($11+10+9+8+7 = $45 m or $12+11+10+9+8 = $50 m for a 5 year contract) which Memphis is not likely to match (since they recently gave new shiny 5 year contracts of $45 m and $85 m to Mike Conley and Rudy Gay respectively)? With Marc Gasol, we get some offense for Bargs offense (even though it is inefficient imo) and the defense and rebounding is icing on the cake. Start Marc Gasol and Amir, Ed Davis and a resigned Reggie (hopefully, BC offers him a $2-3m per year for 3 years extension as we will likely lose him to free agency) as backup 4s or 5s, Harrison Barnes, Terrence Jones or Derrick Williams with the Bargs trade first round pick as the backup 3 and Kemba Walker or Kyrie Irving as our own first round pick as a backup 1 or starter - now that is a good team there.
                    Marc Gasol needs to be looked at heavily this summer. If they decide to trade Z-Bo, then there's no way Memphis will let MG go. The loaded frontcourt is definitely going to be interesting this summer. The GM (be it BC or the new guy), will have to move one of the three (Bargs, Johnson or Davis). I'd prefer for the team to let Bargs go as he has the highest value in this team right now. A sign and trade doesn't make sense for Gasol with Bargs because I think they'd rather keep Gasol than Bargs (unless of course they feel that Z-Bo and Gasol get in each other's way in the paint on offence). It will be interesting.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                      How do they lose a spot in the draft order if it's a lottery?
                      What I meant was they finish 6th or 7th from the bottom, rather than the 5th (which they currently sit at). I guess in the lottery, it won't matter (just less ping-pong balls).

Comment

I honestly wouldn't care if we dropped to 6th. This draft is pretty weak and the different between 5 and 6 is very small. Them winning bunch of games down the stretch would actually make me happy because seeing them lose is getting annoying and it'd show that the young players on this team are getting better.

Comment

It's hard to say who's gonna go number 1, and who's the best player to pick. A lot of people are talking about this Jared Sullinger kid now. Personally, I really think that although it's best to draft what would seem to be the best player in a draft normally, in a draft like this, I think we should instead go with what we need, which is a real PG. In fact, if we could get a top 10 pick and a mid to late first round pick as well, we would be very well off. There's a lot of role players in this draft, IMO.

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                            The refereeing was atrocious - it was like the Raptors were playing against 8 men . At least, we got the win and that was a good mental win imo . I think we have to resign Reggie Evans (veteran minimum - $2 m per year as Reggie is clearly the glue guy on this team) and pick up Barbosa's option, they are the veterans and were the steadying influence as we would have lost today without their influence. James Johnson is looking like a glue guy - looks like the glue guy in the starting lineup without taking shots. Kudos to BC on that trade (maybe James Johnson needed a change of scenery and minutes like Johnny Flynn needs and I wish we get him ).
                            It is Barbosa's player option to come back.

Johnson did look impressive. My questioning the MIA first rounder is officially gone - although it still would have been nice to have.

Comment

I didnt bother watching the first 3 qtrs coz i thought the Thunder were gonna cruise through the game.
                              Im embarrassed to admit not even giving the Raps a chance, but they proved all the doubters wrong!

I think all it takes is effort. Effort to defend, to rebound, to make plays. For some reason the Raps just dont give 100% to every game but when they do, we get results like this.

Reggie would be an awesome piece to this team but i dont think he will re-sign. I dont think the Raps will pay him over $2mil, and that amount, Reggie can take from a contender. Im pretty sure Barbo will pick up the 6mil option. He knows he still has a few good years in his career, so if he takes the option, waits for his contract to expire next year, he can still sign for the vet min after and contend for a championship. a lot of teams will definitely be interested. But Barbo is hindering Demar's play. Demar shouldve been that guy with the ball last night. He probably wouldnt have made the same play as Barbo did, but he has to be put in those situations for him to learn. Im all for trading Barbosa to advance DD's development.

Comment

Reggie Evans 13 PT 4-6 FG 5-6 FT 0-0 3P 9/1 RB 0 AS 0 BL 1 ST 0 TO 4 PF 22 MN (3/20, Thunder)

Reggie is finally getting a hang of thing offensively

Comment

Working...
                                X