No announcement yet.

Raptors' Draft Lottery Odds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the end of the day odds are just that...odds.

Since 1990 when the current format was put into place for the draft lottery, the team with the 5th worst record has won the top pick the MOST times, followed by the 2nd and 3rd worst teams. I don't know how to link a previous post so pasting here:

Worst: 3 (2 if you knock out 1990 ha!)
    2nd: 4
    3rd: 4
    4th: NONE
    5th: 5
    6th: 2
    7th: 1
    9th: 1
    11th: 1 (lucky Orlando bastards won 2yrs in a row getting Shaq and Hardaway via a trade).

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
      The nets won what 14 games last year and ended up picking 3rd, The raptors picked Bargs when they last had the 5th worst record. After the 1 spot I don't really care where they land.
      While I am concerned about where the Raptors pick, I am equally concerned about who may pick in front of them. But even that doesn't solve trade possibilities.

Comment

Interesting, I agree with the original post, I think it seems very likely that w'ere gonna end up with a top 3 pick. And let there be no question about it, first and foremost, we need a point guard. Hopefully, the scenario plays out so that we do get Irving.

Comment

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
          Interesting, I agree with the original post, I think it seems very likely that w'ere gonna end up with a top 3 pick. And let there be no question about it, first and foremost, we need a point guard. Hopefully, the scenario plays out so that we do get Irving.
          You know what, even if we don't, there's Brandon Knight (which I find equally intriguing). I'm not sold on this Irving or bust mindset, especially when a lot of other things can affect the draft such as:

Barnes leaning towards coming back to UNC, or Calipari praising Knight's work ethic.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

My guess is Kemba Walker is #2 on Colangelo's list of PGs. That kid brings everything to the table Colangelo would expect from a PG in a high octane offensive system.

Comment

I think its all rigged and we will get the third pick , cleveland will get 1st and minnesota will get 2nd pick. Why? because David Stern knows all these franchises have been f'd over by their past "franchise" players and he knows they need to get better so there's no chance at them leaving or even folding .

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                My guess is Kemba Walker is #2 on Colangelo's list of PGs. That kid brings everything to the table Colangelo would expect from a PG in a high octane offensive system.
                I'm afraid that with that in mind, Fredette might be on it as well.
                Last edited by Balls of Steel; Mon Mar 21, 2011, 03:20 PM.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

From watching them on TV, I'm not convinced that Walker has any less of a future in the league than Irving. I really can't see him falling out of the Top 5 despite what the mock drafts are suggesting. Even if we were to end up with the 2nd/3rd overall pick, and Irving went 1st, I would take Walker in a heartbeat over guys like D.Will/Sullinger/Barnes.

Comment

jrdyck wrote: View Post
                    From watching them on TV, I'm not convinced that Walker has any less of a future in the league than Irving. I really can't see him falling out of the Top 5 despite what the mock drafts are suggesting. Even if we were to end up with the 2nd/3rd overall pick, and Irving went 1st, I would take Walker in a heartbeat over guys like D.Will/Sullinger/Barnes.
                    What's interesting with Kemba, and I am not sold on him after seeing some of his games, but he really has stepped it up, is that at every stage the scouts say that he has done well but this team/player will bottle him up or stifle his game...and it doesn't happen. That impresses me somewhat as to his stature, and abilities.

I would be happy with Kemba Walker (not necessarily in the top 3 if we get a pick that high), although would prefer Myck Kabongo next year.

Comment

He has the talents of a Stephon Marbury(gasp) without the character and maturity issues. Another parallel is that they're both from NYC.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        I'm afraid that with that in mind, Fredette might be on it as well.
                        Why are you "afraid"? Fredette > Kimba. He has a much better jumper and he's bigger. Kimba IMO is going to have a really hard time defending anyone in the NBA, he's listed at 6ft he's probably around 5 ft 10/11. Fredette is a slightly worse passer but he's extremely underrated, from what I've seen he's shown great court vision and passing ability. Fredette = Curry 2.0.

Comment

Walker gets praise for his defense. I'd rather go with the smaller player who knows how to defender and who works at it than the guy who can't play defense. If height meant a lot then Jose Calderon would be known as a better defender than Isiah Thomas.

Comment

Walker gets praise for his defense. I'd rather go with the smaller player who knows how to defender and who works at it than the guy who can't play defense. If height meant a lot then Jose Calderon would be known as a better defender than Isiah Thomas.
                            Fredette isn't that bad of a defender and I have no clue what you mean by "who works at it". Fredette is know for his extremely good work ethic.

BTW Comparing Jose to Fredette is ludicrous and so is saying hight doesn't matter on D.
                            Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Mon Mar 21, 2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

• I'm not suggesting Fredette doesn't have a good work ethic. My point was Walker has the work ethic, know how and ability.
                              • Point out where I compared Jimmer Fredette to Jose Calderon?

Rajon Rondo is only around 6 foot and yet he's probably the best defensive PG in the league. The point of my post was size only matters if you're talking about two equal players. Fredette doesn't come close to Walker on defense. Size difference is a non-factor in this case.

Another underrated ability that Walker has is rebounding.

Walker also has excellent Assist to turnover ratio 2.06. If Fredette is turning the ball over 3.5 times in college ball what happens when the game speeds up a great deal with the move to the pros?

Walker in the tourney so far:

25.5PPG, 8.5 AST, 6REB, 1.5STL, 4.25A/T

Comment

I'd be happy with the Raptors getting Fredette. At the very least, Raptors would annihilate all the other scrub teams!

Comment

Working...
                                X