Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Raptors' Draft Lottery Odds

Post Thanks / Like

You take Reggie Evans out of the equation and the Raptors are collectively one of the worst rebound clubs in the league. I say take Reggie out because the guy more than likely won't be here next season. They're ranked 22.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    You take Reggie Evans out of the equation and the Raptors are collectively one of the worst rebound clubs in the league. I say take Reggie out because the guy more than likely won't be here next season.
    Ed was doing a good job with Reggie out and he'll most likely continue to improve along with Amir. Hopefully add some bulk.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    We have PFs/SFs/SGs who can. Like I said in that post being 5 ft 10-6ft I highly doubt he's going to be a major contributer on the boards unless he's taking easy defensive beards. There is too much size in the NBA.
    If it is only a matter of height, then being seven feet he should get a lot of easy defensive rebounds. Rondo gets 4.2 and he is not the 6'1" he is listed.

Agreed on rebounding PF's but who are the SGs and SFs? I do not see an above average rebounding wing on the roster.

Raptors Republic Rookie chunkable's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

K, no one is drafting Fredette in the top-5, in the same fashion J.J. Reddick was, or even Tyler Hansborough.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If it is only a matter of height, then being seven feet he should get a lot of easy defensive rebounds. Rondo gets 4.2 and he is not the 6'1" he is listed.

Agreed on rebounding PF's but who are the SGs and SFs? I do not see an above average rebounding wing on the roster.
    It's obviously not solely based on high but it is very important.

JJ can rebound pretty well, Weems has had a bunch of 5/6 rebound games when he was the starter and Kleiza has a couple 10+ rebounding games if I recall correctly (which is great seeing as he was playing hurt). Demar isn't that horrible at rebounding.

Quote chunkable wrote: View Post
    K, no one is drafting Fredette in the top-5, in the same fashion J.J. Reddick was, or even Tyler Hansborough.
    How do you know? If he keeps playing the way he has in the playoffs so far theres a very good chance he's going to in the top 10.

BTW For the love of god stop ****ing comparing him to Redick, he's not a bloody SG, he's PG. If you ever watched him play especially in the playoff you'd see that. It's blatantly clear. He's much more like Curry then Redick, the only think Redick and Fredette have in common is their jumpshot.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Mon Mar 21st, 2011 at 08:21 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

When I watch Walker play, I can't help but think of Iverson. Maybe my comparison is WAY off, but how many teams have won championships with a volume scoring pg?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Beaverboi wrote: View Post
    When I watch Walker play, I can't help but think of Iverson. Maybe my comparison is WAY off, but how many teams have won championships with a volume scoring pg?
    In recent memory:

Isiah Thomas - Pistons
    Tony Parker - Spurs (debatable)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information