Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 30 of 30

Thread: Samuel Dalembert

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I would be given that everything I've read suggests the last thing they're doing this summer is letting him go.

    Source: FanNation.com

    Source: Alan Hahn's Twitter Page
    I think Memphis is HOPING they don't lose him, and saying the right things might make teams think twice about offering him a contract, but I just have a hunch that if someone overpays Gasol, they won't match. They're struggling in attendance and losing money and will already have a couple of 8 figure contracts. Again, it's just a hunch.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  2. #22
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,842
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    There's a new CBA coming. You're assuming a lot. I'll take their word for it because if they want to win it makes sense that they need to keep him. Not to mention they have no candidate to fill his shoes and few avenues to find an answer to him being removed from the equation.

    Also, between Jaric and Battier they have $15M coming off the books. What is Randolph's deal worth next season? I'm thinking significantly lower than the $18M he's making this season.

    Also, I know this is old but I can't find anything to support your claim that they're losing money:
    Not only do they still have scouts, but the Grizz are reportedly making a nice chunk of change from their woeful operation: “For that [team owner Michael Heisley] is unapologetic, especially given several other owners have privately sought his advice. ‘We’re definitely in the top third of the teams in the league (in terms of the bottom line),’ Heisley said. ‘It’s because we’ve watched our expenses and we have the support of a good, hard-core group of people. We’re going to survive no matter what. But we cannot compete salary-wise with places like Los Angeles and Cleveland. Some of my worst financial losses came during those (playoff) years. You can’t sustain that.’”
    Source: SlamOnline.com

    They should have a cap number lower than this season..

    I know Stern came out a couple years ago and said half the league needed a loan to cover operation costs. I'm assuming based on this the Grizz weren't one of those teams. Recently he came out again and said half the league was losing money...

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    147
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    let's see:

    30 years old
    bad character
    bad attitude
    cancer to team chemistry
    whiner

    yeah awesome idea

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic All-Star ebrian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Markham
    Posts
    1,534
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
    NO, No, and no. We're good.
    I'm no advocate for Dalembert, but I was wondering what you meant by that. We're good? Really?
    your pal,
    ebrian

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    The Grizz are going to match anything Gasol is offered. They'd be crazy not to.
    Apollo, the Grizzlies can't match a front-loaded contract between $11-12 m ($11+10+9+8+7 = $45m or $12+11+10+9+8 = $50 m because they are close to the luxury tax level (The 5 year contracts of $85 m and $45 m handed to Rudy Gay and Mike Conley respectively and the fact that Zach Randolph is due for a pay day puts Memphis Grizzlies in a tough position with the team barely making the playoffs each year imo).

  6. #26
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,842
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    They have $15M coming off the books just in two players. No way Zach Randolph is getting anything close to $18M/yr on an extension and so they will have space.

    Right now, without Randolph's extension on the books they're coming in at $36M for next year. Let's say he gets what Boozer got and so it starts him out at $14M, that places them in at $50M for next year. That's well below a luxury tax threshold which may not even exist in after June 30th. That's $8M below the current salary cap and nearly $20M below the current luxury tax, which they're currently over by less than $1M. Also keep in mind that they don't have a 1st rounder this year and so there is no guaranteed contract to factor in there.

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Also, I know this is old but I can't find anything to support your claim that they're losing money:
    Source: SlamOnline.com

    They should have a cap number lower than this season..

    I know Stern came out a couple years ago and said half the league needed a loan to cover operation costs. I'm assuming based on this the Grizz weren't one of those teams. Recently he came out again and said half the league was losing money...
    Hadn't heard any of that. I hate Michael Heisley.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  8. #28
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,842
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The fact that you hate someone doesn't make their words untrue.

    • The Grizzlies will have space under the cap.
    • It seems as though they're profitable.
    • Marc Gasol is a very important piece to their team and it would be devastating to lose him.
    • There is a source citing the Grizzlies will match any offer.


    That's a lot of pointers to him staying in Memphis, why be head strong against it?

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Smushmush = wrong, Apollo=right. Next year the grizzlies are LUDICROUSLY FAR under the cap, let alone the luxury tax. They can absolutely re-sign Gasol if they want to. Front loading the contract will do exactly nothing.

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    The fact that you hate someone doesn't make their words untrue.

    • The Grizzlies will have space under the cap.
    • It seems as though they're profitable.
    • Marc Gasol is a very important piece to their team and it would be devastating to lose him.
    • There is a source citing the Grizzlies will match any offer.


    That's a lot of pointers to him staying in Memphis, why be head strong against it?
    I wasn't denying your argument. Just stating a fact that had nothing to do with our discussion. I'm from Vancouver, remember.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •