Griffin dunk and aftermath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Griffin dunk and aftermath

Another hi-lite effort. I am personally not enamored much by dunks in the context of a game...but this was something.

The issue here however is what happened after...

Should he have been called...or not. I think it was the correct call.

[IMG][/IMG]

I think it is the correct call, but could have gone either way
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Was a good Call, Gortat had position and was outside of the restricted area. Blake moved into him. There are too many calls like this where there is a big dunk so the player gets a blocking call, despite having position, so this sort of call is nice to see.
      "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

first off, OMFG what a dunk!!!!!!!!!!!!!, that was extremely disrespectful on griffins part. he should have got a technical for even attempting such a feat.

now on to more serious matters....
        IMHO, yes gortat was outside the circle but griffin dunked it which should be a foul on gortat. the only justifiable reason it should be a offensive foul is because it looked like he pushed off with his arm first. I am sick and tired of this (excuse my language) pussy calls in the NBA, its a man's league gortat got dunked on if he is not going to try and block the shot get out of the fu*kin' way! once again sorry for the language but someone has to say it because the league is getting soft.

Comment

Come on Phoenix was ahead by 13 points with 4 minutes left in the game, just give it to them, it was an epic dunk.

Comment

It was an offensive foul, it was a good call and I whole heartily believe that if it were a veteran superstar in that very same scenario it would have been called a defensive foul because that's how the NBA rolls.

Comment

Everyone who needs microfracture surgery should use the same surgeon as Griffin. I mean could this guy have jumped higher if he hadnt been injured the way he was? And he is also fearless.

The disrespectful comment has merit. Gortat is one of those Euros people like to bash who is tough player ...and he stood in there knowing what was coming. If Griffin tried that on him again he might get a facial.

Comment

Working...
              X