Clear All

so it's jose's fault why we got blown out yesterday lol
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

some of u guys really make me laugh
      "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        A PG who very rarely turns it over more than twice a game, consistently gives 8-11 assists per game, shoots a high percentage from the line, field and 3? I can almost guarentee the Lakers would LOVE to have a guy like Calderon. Any contending team for that matter. I'd take Calderon over Andre Miller, Derek Fisher, Steve Blake, Mike Bibby etc.
        I co-sign this, as well. Absolutely nothing wrong with Calderon. He's more than proved what he can do against the top PGs in the league. Check the tapes. It's the injury that is the problem, not Jose as a PG. Imagine Jose WITH a high turnover ratio, and THEN ya got something. If Calderon played against us, on a good team that we all KNOW would take him, he'd torch us with other great players on his team.
        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
          +1
          This needs to be done. I'm tired of getting blown out by opposing team's PG's going off on us.
          Tired of "Calderon's defense was pretty good until Ty Lawson/Rose/Rondo/J Nelson/D Fisher went off"
          the only position we have a positive PER (vs opponent) is PG.
          The worst? C. Should not be suprise.

Defense gives up more points with Bargnani on the floor than Jose.

This team needs to deal with the real problem first... not one of the few (although marginal) positives this team has.

Comment

We must remember that not everything can be fixed at once. JC's Defence is bad. But he does bring a lot to the table. He's not a problem we need to look at now.
            “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

GarbageTime wrote: View Post
              the only position we have a positive PER (vs opponent) is PG.
              The worst? C. Should not be suprise.

Defense gives up more points with Bargnani on the floor than Jose.

This team needs to deal with the real problem first... not one of the few (although marginal) positives this team has.
              Y'know I'm starting to think the position we're getting beat at the most (PER or not) is the Coaches seat.
              I used to be a big fan of Triano. And still am for that matter. But I think he's a REALLY good Internation level coach, and would be a REALLY good NCAA level coach; not the greatest NBA level coach. BUT we're not really looking to win a trophy anytime soon, so I guess we can let him learn just like the young guys on the court.

ADD Whoa, totally off topic. My bad. But Garbagetime started it with the trade Bargs bit. hahaha

Comment

The thread seems to be getting a little off track from my intentions when first posted.

The reason why I think he should be traded is because he has a big contract relative to his production and injury history and, most importantly, his intentions to play with Spain in the Olympics. That is great for Jose and I wish him nothing but the best. But as a Raptors fan, I cringe at the thought and hope his play this year will be enough to yield real value for him this off season.

Comment

Raymond Felton and his camp have made it very clear that he's not happy coming off of the bench, and he would likely be voicing his displeasure more if it weren't for the team's success.

"It's working so far. It's something that I can't say I'm comfortable with, but at the same time, we're winning so why say anything? Why complain? Just play ball," Felton told HOOPSWORLD.

The veteran point guard has even hinted that he'll force a trade out of Denver this offseason, saying that the situation will be resolved this summer despite the fact that he has one more year on his contract. He feels like this is Ty Lawson's team and he's not ready to become a reserve.

"It's just one of those things where if this is where he's going to be [long term], then we'll see this summer where I might be," Felton said.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz1HNYxOjrD
                  Bye, bye Calderon. Hello Felton.

Yes please.

Comment

+1
                    This needs to be done. I'm tired of getting blown out by opposing team's PG's going off on us.
                    Tired of "Calderon's defense was pretty good until Ty Lawson/Rose/Rondo/J Nelson/D Fisher went off"
                    anytime d. fish goes off your pg sucks
                    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

I was going to post something about how Calderon is one of the best players on the Raptors and lots of other teams would be happy to have him, contract and all. But then I thought: what's the point? Everybody must have heard this stuff before. If people still think Jose is a bum who can't defend, I'm not going to persuade them.

As for the playing in the Olympics thing: now you know how Mark Cuban feels. Except Nowitski is about a thousand times more valuable to the Mavericks.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                        anytime d. fish goes off your pg sucks
                        Yep.

Thankful that hasn't happened here. Fisher this season against Toronto avg. 9 pts, 40% shooting 2 assists (one game 11 pts, other 9, both 2 assist). PGs going 'off' on Jose regularily is a myth.

Jose's PER 17.5
                        Jose's Opponents PER 14.3

Jose is a professional, and a hard worker, and one of the better and more productive players on this team. His contract only lasts 2 more years and he will always be an asset in one way or another. While I'm not opposed to an upgrade at any position. PG and PF are not the 2 areas this team needs adjusted the most.

Comment

Exactly. SF is the big issue. If we're lucky, Kleiza will come back playing better (since he'll be over his injury). But guys often don't recover well from injuries.

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                            I totally agree...get him out of here...2 years left on his contract,plus labour dispute coming up could be 1 and half or less...I'm just sick of his FACE....
                            Same goes for Bargnani,Barbarosa,Klieza,Weems....just go away with Triano.
                            I wont comment on Weems, Barbosa is great and you haven't seen Kleiza play when he was healthy. He was really good in the preseason, he deserves a fair chance. It's not like we are going to be able to move him anyhow...

Comment

Deep breathe brother. In..out...Deepak Chopra..
                              Now this comment I like.

If we draft a PG then keep Calderon if not I was going to refer to the same thing as Matt that Felton wants out of Denver. Reason we don't want Felton if we draft is he clearly wants to be the guy and not back up.

Comment

Working...
                              X