Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time for Calderon to go.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Time for Calderon to go.

Via Twitter:

Chris Tomasson: Jose Calderon on Olympic qualifying: If everything is normal, I want to be there because I want to be in the Olympics.
    BC, trade him this offseason or before next year's deadline, please. An injury plagued 2012-2013 is sure to follow.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

+1
    This needs to be done. I'm tired of getting blown out by opposing team's PG's going off on us.
    Tired of "Calderon's defense was pretty good until Ty Lawson/Rose/Rondo/J Nelson/D Fisher went off"

Post Thanks / Like

I only want to see him moved if the team can get value for him... If Calderon leaves they need two capable PGs coming in this off-season instead of one.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Depending on the Raps placement in the draft they could conceivably add a point guard that would be a strong contender for a lot of playing time, if not starting. The challenge with moving Calderon is avoiding a stinker contract or body coming back. The deal with the Hornets would have spared us that, but Jordan nixed it. Hard to determine if Calderon has the value that the Raptors or their fans would hope. The best chance may not occur until deadline time next season.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote sillydebate wrote: View Post
    Depending on the Raps placement in the draft they could conceivably add a point guard that would be a strong contender for a lot of playing time, if not starting. The challenge with moving Calderon is avoiding a stinker contract or body coming back. The deal with the Hornets would have spared us that, but Jordan nixed it. Hard to determine if Calderon has the value that the Raptors or their fans would hope. The best chance may not occur until deadline time next season.
    A PG who very rarely turns it over more than twice a game, consistently gives 8-11 assists per game, shoots a high percentage from the line, field and 3? I can almost guarentee the Lakers would LOVE to have a guy like Calderon. Any contending team for that matter. I'd take Calderon over Andre Miller, Derek Fisher, Steve Blake, Mike Bibby etc.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I only want to see him moved if the team can get value for him... If Calderon leaves they need two capable PGs coming in this off-season instead of one.
    Not high on Barbosa/Calderon?

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    A PG who very rarely turns it over more than twice a game, consistently gives 8-11 assists per game, shoots a high percentage from the line, field and 3? I can almost guarentee the Lakers would LOVE to have a guy like Calderon. Any contending team for that matter. I'd take Calderon over Andre Miller, Derek Fisher, Steve Blake, Mike Bibby etc.
    Afraid a lot of the negative sentiment is because of his salary and the effect it has on the cap. Its too bad because he does have value and a team guy...but @ 9 per? The players you mention dont come close to making his money. Its also time for Jose to rest his body in the summer and give up on this yearly grind he is insistent on. I think he has done his part for Spain as Nash has for Canada.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I say get a good PG from the draft and keep calderon to metor him.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    +1
    This needs to be done. I'm tired of getting blown out by opposing team's PG's going off on us.
    Tired of "Calderon's defense was pretty good until Ty Lawson/Rose/Rondo/J Nelson/D Fisher went off"
    Lmao, until Jose and Bargs (or at least one) are traded by the used car salesman selling koolaid in BC, this team will continue to be a joke in this league.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote smushmush wrote: View Post
    Lmao, until Jose and Bargs are traded by the used car salesman selling koolaid in BC, this team will continue to be a joke in this league.
    Deep breathe brother. In..out...Deepak Chopra..

Raptors Republic Starter Dr Hannibal Lecter's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sick of Calderon....

I totally agree...get him out of here...2 years left on his contract,plus labour dispute coming up could be 1 and half or less...I'm just sick of his FACE....
    Same goes for Bargnani,Barbarosa,Klieza,Weems....just go away with Triano.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
    I totally agree...get him out of here...2 years left on his contract,plus labour dispute coming up could be 1 and half or less...I'm just sick of his FACE....
    Same goes for Bargnani,Barbarosa,Klieza,Weems....just go away with Triano.
    I agree with all those players besides Barbosa.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we keep Jose till we have someone better. Don't move him just speculating on a rookie or someone who's around his level. When we have someone who is better, Jose can come off the bench and provide a real spark. Off the bench it would be hard to find someone better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Most people have conceded that Barbosa will be dealt because he doesn't fit with a rebuilding project.

It's Bayless that I'm not high on. He may get there but he ain't there now. Teams need two good PGs, especially those teams who have a starting PG who historically has had to fight through many injuries.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Barbosa is a black hole and should not be playing PG, the only reason he should be allowed to this year, is because he is the lesser of two 'B'evils....

Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

so it's jose's fault why we got blown out yesterday lol
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Raptors Republic Starter knickz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

some of u guys really make me laugh
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I co-sign this, as well. Absolutely nothing wrong with Calderon. He's more than proved what he can do against the top PGs in the league. Check the tapes. It's the injury that is the problem, not Jose as a PG. Imagine Jose WITH a high turnover ratio, and THEN ya got something. If Calderon played against us, on a good team that we all KNOW would take him, he'd torch us with other great players on his team.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    +1
    the only position we have a positive PER (vs opponent) is PG.
    The worst? C. Should not be suprise.

Defense gives up more points with Bargnani on the floor than Jose.

This team needs to deal with the real problem first... not one of the few (although marginal) positives this team has.

Raptors Republic Starter bloodyhandedgod's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

We must remember that not everything can be fixed at once. JC's Defence is bad. But he does bring a lot to the table. He's not a problem we need to look at now.
    I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, hes listed as Chu Chu. I think hes worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name. -Tim W.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information