Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Rookie Watch: Which NBA Veteran Should Ed Davis Study?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN Rookie Watch: Which NBA Veteran Should Ed Davis Study?

Lol!!!

chris bosh
    miami heat

davis already looks like a solid rebounder and paint finisher, which would be good enough for toronto. His slinky game is nice, too. But bosh's scoring game is tight -- money jump-shooter, excellent triple threat from the pinch post and an improved right-hand finisher.

With a scoring game out to 18 feet, davis would become a much more dangerous weapon for a team looking for players who can score inside and out. He has that kind of potential.

I think they did that just to spite us. haha
    And I disagree with this, as well.
    Ed Davis and Chris Bosh play two completely different style games.
    We don't want Ed to become a face-up jump-shooter.
    We want his focus to remain on Defense, where Boshs focus was very rarely found.
    And for him to get his buckets not from set plays, but from hustle and energy. In my opinion.
    Nice find though. Very unsettling. haha

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      I think they did that just to spite us. haha
      And I disagree with this, as well.
      Ed Davis and Chris Bosh play two completely different style games.
      We don't want Ed to become a face-up jump-shooter.
      We want his focus to remain on Defense, where Boshs focus was very rarely found.
      And for him to get his buckets not from set plays, but from hustle and energy. In my opinion.
      Nice find though. Very unsettling. haha
      Remember, when Bosh came into the league, he played VERY good defense, especially in his rookie season when the team put him at centre and he was giving up all sorts of girth (anywhere from 20-80 pounds nightly) to other players. I do agree with you Joey when you say that we don't really want Ed to become a face up jump shooter. It would be nice for him to expand his repitoire to include a 18-foot jumpshoot so he could use it when he needs to, but not hang his hat on it.

Comment

Ed should model himself after Garnett. More inside dame than Bosh and better D.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Al Horford

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
            Ed should model himself after Garnett. More inside dame than Bosh and better D.
            Absolutely A.

And I would add a wee bit of the glare and rib poke and have all the other teams say what a dirty player ED is!! But then he'll be our "dirty player". I dont want the centre or PF be known for their pretty jump shots ...nice to have but not necessary from that position...it kind of muddies up the responsibilities on the team like "who does the inside work while the bigs are taking the long j".

Comment

rasheed wallace

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                Lol!!!
                Nah Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett (the best at his position in the NBA currently). He should improve his defense and rebounding coupled with bulking up too. A defensive big man is a dime a dozen in the scoring oriented NBA nowadays, even if Ed Davis does not play out his career here, because of his defense, he can start on a championship team in the future. My 2 cents.

Comment

I would have said Joakim Noah and Ben Wallace.

Comment

Definitely J.O.

In his prime Jermaine O'Neal had it all ... amazing post moves and great team and one-on-one D ... shot blocker extraordinaire. A bit of attitude, too. Ed would do well to take note ... just hope his knees don't go south like J.O.'s ... and that he doesn't go into the stands to throw a few punches.

Comment

I say Timmy D or Garnett.

I can already see flashes of Timmy D, with the one handed floaters.

They gotta teach Big Ed how to use the window like Timmy does, that would be sick.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        I would have said Joakim Noah and Ben Wallace.
                        Fully Agree, but Ed has shown flashes of having a developed Offensive game. These guys don't even know what offense means. hahah But if he could come anywhere close to the swagger both of these guys have on the defensive end, then I don't care if he ever scores a bucket again. haha

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Al Horford
                          Yessir!

Comment

Antonio Davis
                            ... bulk up that frame ... polish the mid-range ... attack the rim with monster two-handed dunks.
                            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
                              Antonio Davis
                              ... bulk up that frame ... polish the mid-range ... attack the rim with monster two-handed dunks.
                              Dig this one. I think this is PERFECT actually. Well done.

Comment

Working...
                              X