Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Raptors use either Amir Johnson or Ed Davis and make a move for Harden ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can Raptors use either Amir Johnson or Ed Davis and make a move for Harden ??

Harden from OKC is showing that he can really play the PG position. He will never get the chance to start in OKC and I don't think OKC can even afford paying him in few years. On the other hand, OKC is in need of real PF who can defend and rebound.

Do you think we can move one of our redundant PFs and make a move for Harden ? Unfortunately, I think OKC will pass on Amir since he is over paid but they might take a 2nd look at Ed.

hello no. We don't need another SG and i wouldn't give up Ed or amir

Comment

Raptors_ pretty much covered it, Harden is redundant. We're clearing one redundancy for another. Its useless. Let Demar handle his business and bring in a real SF.

And why give up a VERY promising 4/5 for a very promising 2, when we already have a very promising 2?

As for 'Amir is Overpaid' ... well I've argued that one before and don't want to do it again; however I will say that that's a pretty wrong thing to say.
      Last edited by Joey; Tue Mar 22, 2011, 08:52 PM.

Comment

ot to argue the point of amir is overpaid, but, if i do recall correctly didn't outlaw get the same contract this past offseason?!

i will say amir>outlaw.

actually, did the research outlaw 4 yrs/28 mill.

amir 5 yrs/30 mill.

you know i think alot of people still think it's five years 35 mill.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

btw, why would you trade away the only guy on our team who could average at least ten points and 10 boards a game?
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Davis and Johnson are a part of the true core. Get rid of either of them and this team is screwed.

Comment

Harden's arguably better than any of our prospects so it'd probably be worth it. We're too early in the rebuilding stage to worry too much about redundancy. Demar's no sure bet, and could easily be flipped for another good youngster. Why do you consider Harden to be a PG?

Comment

My reading is that OKC really likes Harden. He has taken over Green's offensive output and is playing well. I dont believe either AJ or ED are needs for that team either (I maybe wrong here however). The better fit I think is really Denver. They have 2 bonafide point guards who both want to play that position and both are starters on most teams including ours of course. With KMart probably no longer in their plans a pf would be a need for them. But giving either AJ or Ed up at this time would leave a hole for the Raps and is a difficult descision in the absence of other moves. If it really came down to it I would move AJ...with ED having more upside and cheaper.

Comment

I would understand if another team's fan says Amir is overpaid but we as fans who watch him play his ass off every game, gotta know better. 5 million for a young guy who plays hard and cares about team is not much. Things like this put us in bottom five of fan loyalty ranking.

http://www.brandkeys.com/awards/sports.cfm

keep them both and rebuild through draft.
                Last edited by AJM; Tue Mar 22, 2011, 08:54 PM.

Comment

AJM wrote: View Post
                  I would understand if another team's fan says Amir is overpaid but we as fans who watch him play his ass off every game, gotta know better. 5 million for a young guy who plays hard and cares about team is not much. Thing like this put us in bottom five of fan loyalty ranking.

http://www.brandkeys.com/awards/sports.cfm

keep them both and rebuild through draft.
                  Fully and completely agree. Well said. Amir is our workhorse.

Never heard of the Ranking before, going to read up on it. Sounds interesting.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                    Harden from OKC is showing that he can really play the PG position. He will never get the chance to start in OKC and I don't think OKC can even afford paying him in few years. On the other hand, OKC is in need of real PF who can defend and rebound.

Do you think we can move one of our redundant PFs and make a move for Harden ? Unfortunately, I think OKC will pass on Amir since he is over paid but they might take a 2nd look at Ed.
                    They have Serge Ibaka, pretty sure they have the 4 spot covered with him and Nick Collison. Harden is a 2 guard through and through, have you even watched him play?
                    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Depending on who we draft, if anyone, I'd take a look at Maynor. I like his potential a lot, and could definitely see him be a starter in the league. He's not terrific at any one thing but good at just about everything.

Edit: I wouldn't give up Ed or our pick for him though.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
                        They have Serge Ibaka, pretty sure they have the 4 spot covered with him and Nick Collison. Harden is a 2 guard through and through, have you even watched him play?
                        Agreed(about Harden being a 2). Plus they just brought in K Perk and Nazr Mohammed for the center position and also have Cole Alrdrich in the mix, they hardly need another big.

And as Bendit mentioned, he's picking up the scoring after Green's departure and looks like he's a true part of their plans with KD and Westbrook. They didn't take him 3rd overall in the '09 draft for nothing...

Comment

Harden actually is very capable of playing PG. The only reason he is moved to shooting Guard is due to Westbrook.
                          Ibaka is a garbage man at its best. Davis will have him for breakfast when it comes to next year.

Comment

Harden actually is very capable of playing PG. The only reason he is moved to shooting Guard is due to Westbrook.
                            Ibaka is a garbage man at its best. Davis will have him for breakfast when it comes to next year.
                            Garbage man? Really?

Comment

Do you write this stuff just for a reaction or do you really believe it?

Harden is not a point guard, nor would he be able to play there for an entire season. Could he do the job for a few minutes with a certain lineup, sure, but so could Anthony Parker and nobody was claiming him to be a PG.

As for Ibaka being a garbage man at best it just shows me you either have blinders on, or you are just looking for a rise out of someone. Serge is younger than Ed Davis and is better at this point. Ed is having a very similar rookie year to that of Ibaka, but Serge was doing more with less minutes on a team with 2 big time players. I would trade Ed for Ibaka right now and not feel bad about the deal. I do think that Ed has a little more offensive potential than Ibaka, but I think the edge that Ibaka plays with will more than make up for that.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                              X