Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Raptors use either Amir Johnson or Ed Davis and make a move for Harden ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AJM wrote: View Post
    I would understand if another team's fan says Amir is overpaid but we as fans who watch him play his ass off every game, gotta know better. 5 million for a young guy who plays hard and cares about team is not much. Things like this put us in bottom five of fan loyalty ranking.

http://www.brandkeys.com/awards/sports.cfm

keep them both and rebuild through draft.
    This post is assuming you were replying to my earlier. I believe you misunderstood the contents re Amir.

I did not call him "overpaid" but more expensive (just 1 reason) than the alternative ED who I believe has all the attributes of AJ but with more upside going forward. I also mention that "giving up either AJ or ED is a difficult decision" and "would leave a hole". The fact is we need a good starting calibre pg and one is not going to be able to hijack a good pg without someone decent going back. Getting a good/great pg in the draft especially this one at #5-6 is very unlikely (a pf would be easier). Difficult decisions which gms are paid big bucks to make. I also fail to understand why a trade clearly made to improve your team (fill an important need at a position with surplus from another) lowers a fan's loyalty.

Personally I dont get hung up about individuals that much but rather the sum of the parts...the team. Everyone on this one has a price. When a talent like a Kobe or LJ or Duncan arrives .....

Comment

We have a redundancy at the 4 spot. Amir and Davis. I would rather keep Davis. He has shown alot of progress in 1 yr, more than Amir has shown over the course of 5 yrs.

I say keep Davis, and have Amir off the bench or trade Amir.

Harden is nice.

Comment

We know now the answer! We can't use either amir or ed to trade for harden, but we can use Ed to trade for Rudy Gay, because we did!
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Lol funny how things change

Comment

Working...
          X