Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Raptors almost as good as Heat against playoff teams

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors almost as good as Heat against playoff teams

This is just a rough look, and I might be off a bit, but here are Toronto's wins against playoff bound teams (not counting Indiana).

Orlando
    Philadelphia x2
    Boston
    OKC x2
    Dallas
    Chicago
    New Orleans
    (9 total wins)

Here are Miami's wins against playoff teams (not including Indiana).

Orlando x2
    Philadelphia
    Atlanta
    New Orleans
    NY Knicks
    Portland
    OKC
    LA
    Memphis
    San Antonio
    Denver
    (12 total wins)

Just some food for thought.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

oops... missed a Philly win for Miami.

13 total.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Heat are pathetic.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

They beat Orlando twice, so that's a good sign for the Heat. And most of the playoff bound teams they beat are in the East. They only need to win 4 games against the West to win a championship. But yeah, 12 is pretty ridiculous, or is 9 on our side pretty ridiculous?

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    They beat Orlando twice, so that's a good sign for the Heat. And most of the playoff bound teams they beat are in the East. They only need to win 4 games against the West to win a championship. But yeah, 12 is pretty ridiculous, or is 9 on our side pretty ridiculous?
    Both are horrible. At least the Raptors do not have 3 max contract players.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Another crazy thing is that the Raptors other 10 or so wins are mostly from the bottom feeders... Clips, Minne, NJ, Wash x2 and Cleveland x2. They only have three wins again middle of the pack teams like Houston ect...

Just seems strange.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Gorlitzer wrote: View Post
    This is just a rough look, and I might be off a bit, but here are Toronto's wins against playoff bound teams (not counting Indiana).

Orlando
    Philadelphia x2
    Boston
    OKC x2
    Dallas
    Chicago
    New Orleans
    (9 total wins)

Here are Miami's wins against playoff teams (not including Indiana).

Orlando x2
    Philadelphia
    Atlanta
    New Orleans
    NY Knicks
    Portland
    OKC
    LA
    Memphis
    San Antonio
    Denver
    (12 total wins)

Just some food for thought.
    What's the time frame on this? Shouldn't both these teams have played playoff teams more than that?

If it's correct then I think is says far more about a team touted a contender than a team with horrible defense and ranked 5th last in the standings. I hope the Heat train wreck in round one. It's pretty bad when a collection of d-bags have me rooting for the Celtics... I can't stand the Celtics.

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    What's the time frame on this? Shouldn't both these teams have played playoff teams more than that?

If it's correct then I think is says far more about a team touted a contender than a team with horrible defense and ranked 5th last in the standings. I hope the Heat train wreck in round one. It's pretty bad when a collection of d-bags have me rooting for the Celtics... I can't stand the Celtics.
    You got no love for the Bulls? They seem to be the least douchey out of the East.

Post Thanks / Like

It's not that I don't appreciate what they're doing, it's just that I know the playoffs is a different beast and I am seriously doubting their readiness to meet the Celtics in the Eastern Finals.

Rose can't guard his shadow but is a prolific scorer. Rondo is a lock down defender and one of the faster guys in the league and can do a little of everything. Rondo is the best player in that series if they meet and I'm putting my money on the Celtics because of that and the supporting cast. I would be happier seeing the Bulls beat the hell out of both the Heat and the Celtics. I just wanted to get that on record.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry... not correct. Here is the new list. Still not all that impressive.

Orlando x2
    Philadelphia x2
    Atlanta x2
    New Orleans
    NY Knicks x2
    Portland
    OKC
    LA
    Memphis
    San Antonio
    Denver

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

hahaha it does seem strange.
    The Raps seem to try harder when playing elite teams, when playing bottom feeders, even if they dont try, theyre just good enough to win, and thats what irks me. If they play with the same drive when playing elite teams every single game, the outcome of the season may be different. Like i always say, effort is the key for this team.

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    hahaha it does seem strange.
    The Raps seem to try harder when playing elite teams, when playing bottom feeders, even if they dont try, theyre just good enough to win, and thats what irks me. If they play with the same drive when playing elite teams every single game, the outcome of the season may be different. Like i always say, effort is the key for this team.
    call me an optimist, but i see it as a good sign... they have the talent to compete with the upper echelon teams, but lack the maturity to bring it every night regardless who they play..

they're a young team... they'll learn to bring it every night.. as soon as they realize call of duty every friggin day won't get you paid.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

i totally agree, the raptors are coasting on purpose to get a good draft pick. But when they play elite teams they play so much better, it just goes to show you that the raptors can be really great only if the effort is there.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Btw thats completely wrong, the heat have 19 total wins against playoff teams, i don't know if the OP can count or if he knows whose actually in the playoffs

76ers x2
    Magic x2
    Knicks x2
    Hawks x2
    Pacers x2
    Lakers x2
    Blazers
    Grizzlies
    San Antonio
    OKC
    Denver
    Hornets

It's 18 wins. In comparison Lakers have 23 wins. Raptors also have a 8-33 record against plus .500 teams.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

@biggie10 Yeah totally true. Bad counting on my part. I did say that I omitted the Pacers because they suck.

Please stay calm about the original mistake. I said it was rough.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Celtics 25 wins
    Lakers 23 wins
    Spurs 22 wins
    Mavs 21 wins
    OKC 20 wins
    Bulls 22 wins
    Nuggets 17 wins
    Magic 16 wins
    Hawks 16 wins
    Knicks 15 wins

this is just a breakdown of the some of the playoff teams against other playoff teams

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

its all good , just raptorsfan4life was bustin my balls about this

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Clippers 12 wins
    Timberwolves 4 wins
    Kings 6 wins
    Bucks 11 wins
    Nets 10 wins
    Wizards 5 wins
    Cavaliers 8 wins
    Pistons 8 wins

The lottery teams against playoff teams

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Raps seem to play up to their opponents sometimes, but also, play down to their opponents. I honestly think that if we somehow snuck into the playoffs this year, we might have one a few, dare I say, even a series.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Raps seem to play up to their opponents sometimes, but also, play down to their opponents. I honestly think that if we somehow snuck into the playoffs this year, we might have one a few, dare I say, even a series.
    Is this supposed to be a joke? You think the good playoff teams give a hundred percent when they play teams like the Raptors..? You've got to be kidding me. 8-33 isn't exactly playing up to the opponents. Not to mention when they beat half of those plus .500 teams they played against handicapped teams.. For example when they beat the Mavs.. Dirk was injured, against the Celtics KG & Rondo were injured, Thunder game in December.. no Durant, they beat the sixers once without Igoudala and the other with Elton Brand suspended when the Sixers were struggling starting off 3-11. Really speaking the only wins that were actually legitimate against fully healthy clubs were against the Bulls two weeks ago and the Thunder on Sunday. Not to mention Raptors are only winning 3 series all year... 2-0 against the cavs and thunder.. and 2-1 against the sixers (still one game left).. so lets not hype them up thinking they'd have a chance against a playoff team.

Raptors are 0-3 against the knicks, heat, hawks... 0-4 against the bobcats, 1-3 vs the celtics, pistons... 1-25 against these east teams

Please don't confuse the regular season with the tons of meaningless games as a sign that the Raptors could compete against quality teams in the playoffs.. cause the playoffs is a whole new ball game. Ask the Mavs

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information