No announcement yet.

In depth Study: Amir John's contract vs. the NBA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet I predict people will still complain that he's overpaid. There are some people who, no matter how much evidence you give them, will still close their eyes and deny it.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
      Yet I predict people will still complain that he's overpaid. There are some people who, no matter how much evidence you give them, will still close their eyes and deny it.
      Christians? People who believe 9/11 wasn't an inside job? People who love Andrea Bargnani?

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
        It is easier to go with consensus and be wrong than to stand on your own and be right.

The consensus is he signed a 5 year, $34M contract yet that is clearly incorrect. Since people and especially media can't get that fact correct I do not think he or his supporters will have much luck in the near future convincing people he is worth the contract or is reasonably paid.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
          Christians?
          you got beef with people who believe in an all powerful invisible entity who somehow inpregnated a virgin who gave birth to a freakish kid in a manger who could walk on water and was resurrected from the dead?

for shame, sir.

i'm going to ride over there on my unicorn and adminster a swift beating to you with the asgardian thunder god Thor's mighty hammer Mjollnir, that was given to me by a goblin for the price of three magic beans.

RELIGION IS REAL!

Comment

A great thread. Well done on the work.
            And yes, we should keep Amir.

And thanks to this thread I feel even better about it. Imagine if he continues to improve?
            “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              It is easier to go with consensus and be wrong than to stand on your own and be right.

The consensus is he signed a 5 year, $34M contract yet that is clearly incorrect. Since people and especially media can't get that fact correct I do not think he or his supporters will have much luck in the near future convincing people he is worth the contract or is reasonably paid.
              Sarcasm reader is "high" it appears*
              “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

He is our most important player right now, he plays far better than many who earn like him. He deserves every penny he is getting, because he plays hard every night.

Comment

Just though I'd update the list according to the formula I made in the In Depth: Bargnani thread:
                  (opponent's PPG + opponent's PER) x opponent's eFG%

This ranks players according to their on-ball defense, and gives them a rating (lower = better)

Horford: 13.14
                  West: 15.07
                  Bass: 15.67
                  Bonner: 15.81
                  Griffin: 17.59
                  Landry: 17.92
                  Blatche: 19.23
                  Amir Johnson: 19.25
                  Love: 19.54
                  Warrick: 19.81
                  Scola: 21.57
                  Millsap: 22.33
                  Beasley: 22.45
                  Pekovic: 23.94
                  Green: 25.39
                  Maxiell: 30.19

Comment

West's numbers are far better than I would have guessed. And Maxiel...that's just awful.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Nice work!!!
                      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Bass: 15.67
                        How much is Bass's contract

Bonner: 15.81
                        Doesn't this tell us that system play a major role on how a player plays defense ??!
                        I remember Bonner was an awful defender when he was here.

Comment

My best guess about Bass, Bonner, West & Horford:

They are paired with great/elite help defenders, in Howard, Duncan, Okafor and Smith. This would help get them one to two extra stops that they might have otherwise given up. Not saying they aren't good defenders, but the value of having a great defensive presence down low is that everyone's defense benefits.

Comment

Working...
                          X