Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Why the Raptors are so GOD AWFUL Opinions?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter b2kelly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    256
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Why the Raptors are so GOD AWFUL Opinions?

    So this sorry sac of a team is getting spanked by Golden State at the half down over 20 points, no defense no stops no heart no consistency.... what is the root cause for this poor team being so inconsistent and painful to watch. What would be your first three changes you would make if you were GM of the Raps tomorrow?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,820
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Triano, inexperience and lack of talent.

  3. #3
    Raptors Republic Starter bloodyhandedgod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Triano, inexperience and lack of talent.
    And with that. #winning.
    I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, hes listed as Chu Chu. I think hes worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name. -Tim W.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i bet you that at this moment the owner of the raptors is looking for a new coach. Cause this is just disgusting, i'm starting believe that Raptors4life is right. This team is full of scrubs who can't play defence, there are like 3 -4 players of this team that i would keep, the rest i'd trade them all. The Raptors are making cleveland look like a championship team right now.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    543
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    i bet you that at this moment the owner of the raptors is looking for a new coach. Cause this is just disgusting, i'm starting believe that Raptors4life is right. This team is full of scrubs who can't play defence, there are like 3 -4 players of this team that i would keep, the rest i'd trade them all. The Raptors are making cleveland look like a championship team right now.
    Lmao, Raptors_ - this team and organization is clearly a mess and needs to be cleaned out before we stop being the butt of jokes in this league . Heads must roll! in conclusion. My 2 cents.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I wrote up a big rant about triano and his coaching but then deleted and will say I don't want to see him back here next year.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Rookie t_rapsfan24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Easily the WORST game of the season I cant comprehend how they can lose this badly i almost cried when i saw them down 40 i know ppl will have a field day on this but.......Andrea Bargnani's absolute worst game of the season as a fan that was a horrible thing to watch

  8. #8
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    That game was..... I have no words for it..... but an overwhelming majority of fans on RR want the true rebuild to continue, so every loss means more pingpong balls, right???

    The only even somewhat keepers on this team are Davis, DeRozan and Bargnani... and only 1 of them has any clue about defense! lol

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star ezz_bee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Kigali, Rwanda
    Posts
    1,747
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    That game was..... I have no words for it..... but an overwhelming majority of fans on RR want the true rebuild to continue, so every loss means more pingpong balls, right???

    Nope. Since the raps won against Washington Friday last it is virtually impossible for them to land anywhere other than 5th worst record. There's no point in cheering for the raps to lose anymore, we won't be getting anymore ping pong balls.
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee

    "We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Has to be coaching. There is no other team in the league that could beat OKC one day and then lose to Golden State by 40 a week later. There is no consistency with this squad, and while I really like Triano, the mark of a good coach is getting consistant effort from their players. We also play no defense.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,753
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Has to be coaching. There is no other team in the league that could beat OKC one day and then lose to Golden State by 40 a week later. There is no consistency with this squad, and while I really like Triano, the mark of a good coach is getting consistant effort from their players. We also play no defense.
    Inconsistency is a sign of a young team and a lack of experience not a sign of bad coaching.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Inconsistency is a sign of a young team and a lack of experience not a sign of bad coaching.
    the team doesn't run any plays thats bad coaching.

  13. #13
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,547
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    the team doesn't run any plays thats bad coaching.
    How many games in a row this season have the Raptors played with a full and consistent team rotation? How do you establish chemistry when the same 5 guys aren't getting consistent playing time together? This season has essentially been a continuation of training camp, to evaluate individual talent for next season. The really unfortunate part is that talent is precisely what this team is lacking!

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,439
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Raptors are not giving in 110% of effort out there, they need to hire a team psychologist or something.


  15. #15
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Inconsistency is a sign of a young team and a lack of experience not a sign of bad coaching.
    You're right of course, but I find myself wondering if someone else could get the team to bring more consistent effort. When does the "their young" excuse get old? Next season? After that? Plus it's not like it's just the young guys who are being inconsistent, Bargs had maybe his worst game of the season and Barbosa has been hit or miss.
    This was the type of loss that can kill a head coach's career, we'll see what happens with Jay at the end of the year.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,439
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It really looks like nobody gives a shit anymore on that team.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    226
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think the Raptors have some solid pieces, and the start of a team.
    - point guard - for all the complaints, Jose Calderon is solid
    - shooting guard - Demar DeRozan still can improve
    - small forward - weak in James Johnston but decent attitude
    - power forward - Amir Johnston and Ed Davis are both solid
    - center
    - bench - Leandro Barbosa is reasonable off the bench

    I hate to say it, because I have been a fan of his until I really looked closely, but I would say that the heart of the problem is the center position. For whatever reason, Andrea Bargnani is not bringing the right things to the Raptors. He may be a great player on another team in another role. Let him go, bring in a good center with the right attitude, and I say that things will change dramatically.

    In fact, trade Andrea around the draft, fill one of our other holes with the trade, and also pick up a couple of late draft picks would be my vote.

    Of course the dream would be to turn Andrea plus a bunch of pieces into Kevin Love plus something back. If only Minny would consider that ...

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm not complimenting Jay here, but Coaches get blamed much to easily.

    As I said yesterday, this team is NOT in rebuild mode yet. Its in suck ass mode... and will continue to until something is done about the weak links on this team. Only then can they truelly start rebuilding.

    I don't know how anyone thinks they can get a read on the quality of Triano as a coach, when he is subjected to having to play inefficient, soft, no defense players. IF that is his choice, then he is to blame..... but given how this organization seems to cuddle the girls and call them men, I hardly think Triano is the one who deserves the blame.

    With Reggie and Amir out, this team would be overpowered by a WNBA team. Not Jay's fault he has been handed women to play a mens league.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,384
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    I'm not complimenting Jay here, but Coaches get blamed much to easily.

    As I said yesterday, this team is NOT in rebuild mode yet. Its in suck ass mode... and will continue to until something is done about the weak links on this team. Only then can they truelly start rebuilding.

    I don't know how anyone thinks they can get a read on the quality of Triano as a coach, when he is subjected to having to play inefficient, soft, no defense players. IF that is his choice, then he is to blame..... but given how this organization seems to cuddle the girls and call them men, I hardly think Triano is the one who deserves the blame.

    With Reggie and Amir out, this team would be overpowered by a WNBA team. Not Jay's fault he has been handed women to play a mens league.
    I respectfully disagree that his lack of coaching skills can not be seen, I do not see this team moving the ball in a half court set to get a open shot or lay up, I see the ball dead on one side of the court, I do not see any type of inside out game. What I do see is a team with no stars playing freestyle basketball like this was a pick up game. There is still the rest of the season to make this team PLAY the right way if that means coming down the court the entire game and running the same set over and over again try to get all the options off the set then thats what they should be doing.

    playing the game for 48 minutes means play like its the forth quarter and you have to run a good set everytime down the floor but do that for all 4 quarters. I don't see that at all

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    I respectfully disagree that his lack of coaching skills can not be seen, I do not see this team moving the ball in a half court set to get a open shot or lay up, I see the ball dead on one side of the court, I do not see any type of inside out game. What I do see is a team with no stars playing freestyle basketball like this was a pick up game. There is still the rest of the season to make this team PLAY the right way if that means coming down the court the entire game and running the same set over and over again try to get all the options off the set then thats what they should be doing.

    playing the game for 48 minutes means play like its the forth quarter and you have to run a good set everytime down the floor but do that for all 4 quarters. I don't see that at all
    here is the thing.... that is ALL OFFENSE. The offense is not, and has not, been a problem all season. This team did not get blown out because of lack of scoring. This team got blown out because of a complete inability and willingness to defend. This team loses games because they are one of the worst defensive teams in the league. No desire, no willingness, no effort, no heart.

    Even then, most of what you mentioned is directly related to one or two players. How can you have an "inside out game" when your C only plays outside. How can you have ball movement, when your main offensive threats suck in the ball when the get it (Bargs, Derozan, Barbossa)? The high usage players on this team are for the most part one dimensional. You cannot expect diversity when players don't have it. (no matter how much we are told they do)

    We can blame the coach, but that can only be, at most, one part of the problem. Players still play the game. And when a coach is given alot of soft players, you can't expect him to make them tough through osmosis.

    The culture and players needs to change. If that includes the coach, I'm not against it. But just changing the coach is not going to solve the problems this team has.... unless that coach is giving the ability to hold players accountable. I don't believe for a second that Jay has been given that freedom.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •