Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Why the Raptors are so GOD AWFUL Opinions?

Raptors Republic Starter b2kelly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Why the Raptors are so GOD AWFUL Opinions?

So this sorry sac of a team is getting spanked by Golden State at the half down over 20 points, no defense no stops no heart no consistency.... what is the root cause for this poor team being so inconsistent and painful to watch. What would be your first three changes you would make if you were GM of the Raps tomorrow?

Post Thanks / Like

Triano, inexperience and lack of talent.

Raptors Republic Starter bloodyhandedgod's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Triano, inexperience and lack of talent.
    And with that. #winning.
    I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, hes listed as Chu Chu. I think hes worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name. -Tim W.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i bet you that at this moment the owner of the raptors is looking for a new coach. Cause this is just disgusting, i'm starting believe that Raptors4life is right. This team is full of scrubs who can't play defence, there are like 3 -4 players of this team that i would keep, the rest i'd trade them all. The Raptors are making cleveland look like a championship team right now.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    i bet you that at this moment the owner of the raptors is looking for a new coach. Cause this is just disgusting, i'm starting believe that Raptors4life is right. This team is full of scrubs who can't play defence, there are like 3 -4 players of this team that i would keep, the rest i'd trade them all. The Raptors are making cleveland look like a championship team right now.
    Lmao, Raptors_ - this team and organization is clearly a mess and needs to be cleaned out before we stop being the butt of jokes in this league . Heads must roll! in conclusion. My 2 cents.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wrote up a big rant about triano and his coaching but then deleted and will say I don't want to see him back here next year.

Raptors Republic Rookie t_rapsfan24's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Easily the WORST game of the season I cant comprehend how they can lose this badly i almost cried when i saw them down 40 i know ppl will have a field day on this but.......Andrea Bargnani's absolute worst game of the season as a fan that was a horrible thing to watch

Post Thanks / Like

That game was..... I have no words for it..... but an overwhelming majority of fans on RR want the true rebuild to continue, so every loss means more pingpong balls, right???

The only even somewhat keepers on this team are Davis, DeRozan and Bargnani... and only 1 of them has any clue about defense! lol

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Has to be coaching. There is no other team in the league that could beat OKC one day and then lose to Golden State by 40 a week later. There is no consistency with this squad, and while I really like Triano, the mark of a good coach is getting consistant effort from their players. We also play no defense.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Has to be coaching. There is no other team in the league that could beat OKC one day and then lose to Golden State by 40 a week later. There is no consistency with this squad, and while I really like Triano, the mark of a good coach is getting consistant effort from their players. We also play no defense.
    Inconsistency is a sign of a young team and a lack of experience not a sign of bad coaching.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Inconsistency is a sign of a young team and a lack of experience not a sign of bad coaching.
    the team doesn't run any plays thats bad coaching.

Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    You're right of course, but I find myself wondering if someone else could get the team to bring more consistent effort. When does the "their young" excuse get old? Next season? After that? Plus it's not like it's just the young guys who are being inconsistent, Bargs had maybe his worst game of the season and Barbosa has been hit or miss.
    This was the type of loss that can kill a head coach's career, we'll see what happens with Jay at the end of the year.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It really looks like nobody gives a shit anymore on that team.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Raptors have some solid pieces, and the start of a team.
    - point guard - for all the complaints, Jose Calderon is solid
    - shooting guard - Demar DeRozan still can improve
    - small forward - weak in James Johnston but decent attitude
    - power forward - Amir Johnston and Ed Davis are both solid
    - center
    - bench - Leandro Barbosa is reasonable off the bench

I hate to say it, because I have been a fan of his until I really looked closely, but I would say that the heart of the problem is the center position. For whatever reason, Andrea Bargnani is not bringing the right things to the Raptors. He may be a great player on another team in another role. Let him go, bring in a good center with the right attitude, and I say that things will change dramatically.

In fact, trade Andrea around the draft, fill one of our other holes with the trade, and also pick up a couple of late draft picks would be my vote.

Of course the dream would be to turn Andrea plus a bunch of pieces into Kevin Love plus something back. If only Minny would consider that ...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not complimenting Jay here, but Coaches get blamed much to easily.

As I said yesterday, this team is NOT in rebuild mode yet. Its in suck ass mode... and will continue to until something is done about the weak links on this team. Only then can they truelly start rebuilding.

I don't know how anyone thinks they can get a read on the quality of Triano as a coach, when he is subjected to having to play inefficient, soft, no defense players. IF that is his choice, then he is to blame..... but given how this organization seems to cuddle the girls and call them men, I hardly think Triano is the one who deserves the blame.

With Reggie and Amir out, this team would be overpowered by a WNBA team. Not Jay's fault he has been handed women to play a mens league.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lack of talent, lack of talent, lack of talent.

Coaching makes little difference to great players. In basketball, it's all about how many all-nba types a team has and how great they are. If this team had Lebron James instead of any of its players (they're interchangeable) they'd have 50 wins by now.

Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no simple answer to the question.

The Raptors are always going to struggle against strong offensive teams because they can't play a lick of D and are especially horrendous at defending the 3 point line. Most people would look a G-States record and think, winnable game. I didn't even bother turning it on because I was expecting a blowout and there were wayyyy more interesting and competitive NCAA games on, plus Suns/Hornets on NBA TV.

This team cannot defend, especially when Bargs is in the game it simple as that. We already had one number one guy who played no D (Bosh) and look how that inspired the team. When your best player is a slug defensively, everyone else follows suit.

Sad thing is while Bargs has always been a horrible help defender he was pretty decent 1-on-1, (even better than Bosh). Once Bosh left he threw all defensive responsiblities out the window because well he learned from Bosh, that number one guys only have to play one end of the floor.

Against a team with a backcourt of Curry and Ellis it also doesn't help to have Caderon as your first line of defense. The guy try's hard but his lateral quicks aren't good enough to keep those guys in front of him or direct them where he wants them to go.

The rest boils down to experience. Young guys hang their head when they get down early and get down big. Especially when it has happened before. They kinda think here we go again, where a vet would say settle down, lets regroup.

And I don't know about Triano. I like the guy, I think he knows what he is doing but I don't think he commands the respect of the players. He's got asistant coach written all over him.
    Deadallus

Raptors Republic Starter Deadallus's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Brandon wrote: View Post
    Lack of talent, lack of talent, lack of talent.

Coaching makes little difference to great players. In basketball, it's all about how many all-nba types a team has and how great they are. If this team had Lebron James instead of any of its players (they're interchangeable) they'd have 50 wins by now.
    I think the comment "lack of talent" is misinterpreted alot on here. This team has many talented players who can do some good things, but its not always about talent. Lots of talented players can't inspire greatness or elevate the team around them, (ie. Marbury). As Brandon mentioned surround an elite player with this team as a supporting cast and your in buisness.
    Deadallus

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    I'm not complimenting Jay here, but Coaches get blamed much to easily.

As I said yesterday, this team is NOT in rebuild mode yet. Its in suck ass mode... and will continue to until something is done about the weak links on this team. Only then can they truelly start rebuilding.

I don't know how anyone thinks they can get a read on the quality of Triano as a coach, when he is subjected to having to play inefficient, soft, no defense players. IF that is his choice, then he is to blame..... but given how this organization seems to cuddle the girls and call them men, I hardly think Triano is the one who deserves the blame.

With Reggie and Amir out, this team would be overpowered by a WNBA team. Not Jay's fault he has been handed women to play a mens league.
    I respectfully disagree that his lack of coaching skills can not be seen, I do not see this team moving the ball in a half court set to get a open shot or lay up, I see the ball dead on one side of the court, I do not see any type of inside out game. What I do see is a team with no stars playing freestyle basketball like this was a pick up game. There is still the rest of the season to make this team PLAY the right way if that means coming down the court the entire game and running the same set over and over again try to get all the options off the set then thats what they should be doing.

playing the game for 48 minutes means play like its the forth quarter and you have to run a good set everytime down the floor but do that for all 4 quarters. I don't see that at all

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

-BC
    -Lack of talent and too many one-dimensional players
    -Triano
    -Lack of experience/youth/immaturity

No one in this roster is a starter in a good playoff team (still early for DD and Ed) with Amir being the closest thing to one. Even if we draft a stud, he'd still be surrounded by bench players unless DD and Ed make significant improvements next year. That said, no matter how bad a team you are, you absolutely cannot be embarrassed like that, and I blame that on the coaches and their defensive philosophy and implementation of that philosophy. They just fail.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information