You wanna know the deal with JuJu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
    Ughh has everyone forgotten that Julien Wright can't hit a jump shot? We Raptors fans love guys like Reggie and Wright who gives 100% but can't give anything back at the other end. I understand he is upset about what's going on with his playing time, he is in a contract year, but he hasn't come close to deserving minutes. Especially iwth Johnson getting shipped in. Weems is a bench guy and Wright is a third string who plays sometimes. Today was one of those times and he gets paid nearly 3 million this year to do what his coach asks him to do. He has absolutely no right to say no to his coach. If there is an issue he needs to talk to Triano in his office like a man and work things out. I have no respect for someone who refuses to do their job, I don't care how frustrated they are. If you have a beef with someone, then talk about it behind closed doors, don't cry about it on the bench. This stuff should never have leaked out, we shouldn't know about these kinds of player issues.
    How about DeRozan who had absolutely no jumpshot last year. You mentioned Reggie as well. J.J. isn't exactly known to be a knock down shooter either.

Speaking of only playing one side of the field. At least wright can pass and semi-handle on offense. What about our players that can't defend, rotate, or contribute anything worthwhile on defense?

I wouldn't kid myself to claim Wright is anything remotely close to being considered a starter, but he deserved more than what Triano gave him. Especially considering Triano was preaching defense and accountability so much in the beginning.

That being said, Julian is wrong in reacting the way he did. Most people would gladly take 3M to stfu and warm the bench.

Comment

Krix wrote: View Post
      How about DeRozan who had absolutely no jumpshot last year. You mentioned Reggie as well. J.J. isn't exactly known to be a knock down shooter either.

Speaking of only playing one side of the field. At least wright can pass and semi-handle on offense. What about our players that can't defend, rotate, or contribute anything worthwhile on defense?

I wouldn't kid myself to claim Wright is anything remotely close to being considered a starter, but he deserved more than what Triano gave him. Especially considering Triano was preaching defense and accountability so much in the beginning.

That being said, Julian is wrong in reacting the way he did. Most people would gladly take 3M to stfu and warm the bench.
      Solution= Fire Triano

Comment

Wright Apologizes

Julian Wright has apologized for refusing to go into the game last night … as the Raptors were being blown out by the Golden State Warriors.

With Toronto down by 35+ points for most of the evening, head coach Jay Triano called upon Wright to go into the game late in the contest. But the swingman told the coach that he wouldn’t sub-in. When word of this story leaked out after the final buzzer, there was some talk that Wright may have been sick (he had recently returned from the rest room when Triano called his number) but it turns out the Kansas product’s health had nothing to do with his decision to not enter the game.

Wright addressed the coaches and his teammates in a game-day meeting earlier today. He apologized for his actions but said “everyone understood” his frustration.

“The best way to put it is this was not characteristic of me,” said Wright. “That’s why I think this is (now) a thing of the past.”

Wright, who is the Raptors union rep, wouldn’t say whether or not he regretted his decision, simply saying that things have been handled internally and the team is just going to “finish strong”.

He has not been suspended … he is at the arena and is getting set to get dressed for the game.

Whether or not Wright has been fined by the Raptors is being kept internal as well.

For what it’s worth, a number of Wright’s teammates — especially Reggie Evans — were playfully yelling out some cat-calls at the reporters and offering words of support to Wright as we were chatting with him.
        Source

Comment

Wright is being paid nearly 3 million dollars. He had BETTER do what the coach asks. NO EXCUSES.

Comment

As understandable as his frustration was, it's inexcusable to behave as he did. Rip Hamilton is pulling the same garbage in Detroit, but he's got a ring and several years of Pistons glory to fall back on. Julian is a bench player on one of the worst teams in the league who still can't get minutes. I was really high on Julian after his solid rookie campaign, but he's really let me down. He regresses tremendously in his second season in New Orleans, he tweets he wants out, he doesn't come off the bench even though it's his job, really disappointing. If you compare Wright in the (admittedly few) minutes he's played with the Raptors to the way he played in his rookie campaign and in the playoffs, you'd swear you weren't looking at the same player.
            "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
            -Newsradio

Comment

Working...
            X