Clear All

• BesT Possibe Move For NexT YeaR

PG: Jose Calderon
    SG: DeMar DeRozan
    SF: Upgrade in the offseason
    PF: Amir Johnson
    C: Ed Davis

Keep: Reggie Evans, James Johnson ...
    Trade: Leandro Barbosa, Sonny Weems, Linas Kleiza (doubt its possible) and Andrea Bargnani (I am Italian and a HUGE fan but we can not win with him as a starter ... if we can get a 1st round pick or a good young player make it happen).

The rest are cheap players that we can do whatever with.

We will have a decent draft pick this year and with those moves we would have some cash to spend.

People keep saying Ed and Amir are too short to play center. These are the top 5 rebounding centers in the league:
    1) Dwight Howard 6'11
    2) Emeka Okafor 6'10
    3) Al Jefferson 6'10
    4) Al Horford 6'10
    5) David Lee 6'9

Ed Davis is 6'10
    Amir Johnson 6'9

Please explain yourself now ...
    Last edited by YoungGuns; Sun Mar 27, 2011, 05:33 AM. Reason: Stupid peoples opinions

That is just Awful.
    Did you even watch the game tonight ?
    Did you see how redundant is Amir's game with respect to Ed ?
    Did you see how manhandled Amir was due to his size when matching up in the center position ?
    Why do you want to force Amir into C when his natural position is PF and he is clearly too undersized for center position which will create match up issues with us ?

We need to MOVE Amir since we got Ed now and use the money we are paying him and ... to get a decent SF and move James Johnson to bench where he belongs.
    Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Sun Mar 27, 2011, 01:31 AM.

Comment

Amir isn't 100% right now.

Comment

Amir and Ed are both way to light to play center but I agree with your who to keep list. I'd look at either getting another pick to take a guy like Valciunas or Kanter or try to sign Marc Gasol.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Ed Davis is 215 pounds and will fill into his frame ... you think Barg will ever be able to reb better??? If Ed hits the weight room and eats the right foods there is no reason he can't get to 250 pounds.

Comment

Best possible move is to get lucky and draft Kyrie Irving. Then, it would be to move Calderon along with some of our other players for either a SF or defensive Centre. It would also be nice to sign Marc Gasol but I don't think Memphis will let him go. If there's a decent deal on the table for Andrea, trade him too.

Comment

The best possible move to help us next year would be for Bill Simmons to be hired as our new GM. Tell me that wouldn't be awesome?

Comment

We need to MOVE Amir since we got Ed now and use the money we are paying him and ... to get a decent SF and move James Johnson to bench where he belongs.
                Why would you move Amir who will be a great player coming off the bench when this team gets good in a few years, his energy and leadership is more of what this team needs. and Johnson will go to the bench, but for now he should be on the court because he has been one of there better players over the last few weeks.

Comment

YoungGuns wrote: View Post
                  PG: Jose Calderon
                  SG: DeMar DeRozan
                  SF: Upgrade in the offseason
                  PF: Amir Johnson
                  C: Ed Davis

Keep: Reggie Evans, James Johnson ...
                  Trade: Leandro Barbosa, Sonny Weems, Linas Kleiza (doubt its possible) and Andrea Bargnani (I am Italian and a HUGE fan but we can not win with him as a starter ... if we can get a 1st round pick or a good young player make it happen).

The rest are cheap players that we can do whatever with.

We will have a decent draft pick this year and with those moves we would have some cash to spend.

People keep saying Ed and Amir are too short to play center. These are the top 5 rebounding centers in the league:
                  1) Dwight Howard 6'11
                  2) Emeka Okafor 6'10
                  3) Al Jefferson 6'10
                  4) Al Horford 6'10
                  5) David Lee 6'9

Ed Davis is 6'10
                  Amir Johnson 6'9

Please explain yourself now ...
                  1) Dwight Howard 6'11 265 lbs
                  2) Emeka Okafor 6'10 255 lbs
                  3) Al Jefferson 6'10 280 lbs
                  4) Al Horford 6'10 245 lbs
                  5) David Lee 6'9 240 lbs

Ed Davis is 6'10 215 lbs
                  Amir Johnson 6'9 210lbs

Al Jefferson could eat Amir Johnson
                  that's a hell of a lot of time at the Mandarin buffet to catch up
                  explained?

Comment

Amir and Ed aren't "too short" to play center. Where did you get that? What people have been saying is that they are not strong enough to guard the opposing 5s and even a few 4s. The main thing about playing the post on defense is you have to push your man as far away from the basket as possible BEFORE they even get the ball. And that's a very hard thing to do especially against strong guys like D12.

As for the "best" case scenario:

PG: Upgrade
                    SG: DeMar learns to shoot threes and play D
                    SF: Upgrade
                    PF: Ed bulks up and works on his FT
                    C : Upgrade

Bench: Amir, Barbosa, Calderon(if he can't be moved for something better), JJ/Kleiza(can't decide), Evans, Dorsey.

Now unless we can move some of those contracts (LB/Jose/Kleiza) for an all-star caliber player upgrade at any of the positions, I don't mind them staying. It's going to be tough to sign good free-agents and even tougher to sign them at a reasonable price. It's either over-pay, or no way. And since we only have one pick and 3 positions to fill, we need to get the rest from trades.

Comment

RAptors should be keeping both Amir and ED while looking for a defensive center. You need at least 3 bigs for a season. Amir or Ed do not need to play 35 minutes in the post just limited amounts while the real center is resting. I think Gasol would be a great pickup. I keep Dorsey because the guy just keeps giving it his best. I wouldn't mind Calderon finishing his career as a Raptor. He has been professional and would be a great mentor to the future PG ( Brandon Knight PLEASE!!). there at least 3 possible SF available ( in order Williams, Barnes, Kentucky Jones) who should help in a year or 2.
                      The biggest change has to come from the GM and coach. Defence is a must. minutes must be earned by defending and rebounding PERIOD.Tthis is what keeps you in games EVERY SINGLE NIGHT, not by the size of your contract.

Comment

Not a chance

Guys, Kleiza isn't playing again until this time next year. Seriously, him being traded in the summer is a pipe dream. You're better off hoping he recovers faster than expected and returns at 100%.

I think they should move Barbosa and Bargnani for sure. I think they should only move Calderon if they land a starting caliber PG to fill his shoes and then land a serviceable bench PG.

I think they need to keep Ed and Amir together. Not to many team have the luxury of having two guys like that in the paint. Think about it, they always have a guy in the paint who can guard, rebound and score efficiently. That right there is very valuable.

I like Reggie Evans a lot. I have loads of respect for the guy. I'm just not sure if there will be room for him here next season.

Sonny Weems is out in my opinion. He's a free agent, they're getting nothing for him.

Ditto for Wright.

I think Bayless should be back. Everybody absolutely loved the guy to death when he first showed up. It's because they saw his talent. He deserves another look.

Ajinca and Alabi. I don't care either way. Next...

James Johnson is a beast. All his critics are back in the shadows now. I hope he continues to grow.

Comment

bottom line, address our awful defense, whatever that entails.

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                            That is just Awful.
                            Did you even watch the game tonight ?
                            Did you see how redundant is Amir's game with respect to Ed ?
                            Did you see how manhandled Amir was due to his size when matching up in the center position ?
                            Why do you want to force Amir into C when his natural position is PF and he is clearly too undersized for center position which will create match up issues with us ?

Why move Amir? What is wrong with Amir's game and development? Everyone knows he's not elite. But trading him after he just signed a contract, IS playing better and is a vetern that is still young and stays in games, even when he's hurt, comes in to work on his game and WANTS to be here, amidst all the negative media about our city and franchise. His foul percentage has gone down, of late and he's been able to stay in games longer, which has been a benefit for us. What's with all these trade-addicts in Toronto? Tired of seeing trade-trade-trade and then the same people wonder why it takes us long to create chemistry and our roster looks like a human game of musical chairs. STABILITY, VETERAN LEADERSHIP and GRIT. That's what Barbosa has. You CANNOT win a championship or have a winning team, with a roster full of rookies in the NBA and with rosters that blow up, every year. Veteran leadership is needed. I jus don't get it.
                            The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                            Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                            www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                            http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

GameBreaker wrote: View Post
                              Why move Amir? What is wrong with Amir's game and development? Everyone knows he's not elite. But trading him after he just signed a contract, IS playing better and is a vetern that is still young and stays in games, even when he's hurt, comes in to work on his game and WANTS to be here, amidst all the negative media about our city and franchise. His foul percentage has gone down, of late and he's been able to stay in games longer, which has been a benefit for us. What's with all these trade-addicts in Toronto? Tired of seeing trade-trade-trade and then the same people wonder why it takes us long to create chemistry and our roster looks like a human game of musical chairs. STABILITY, VETERAN LEADERSHIP and GRIT. That's what Barbosa has. You CANNOT win a championship or have a winning team, with a roster full of rookies in the NBA and with rosters that blow up, every year. Veteran leadership is needed. I jus don't get it.
                              Good post.

For examples look at MIN and SAC as teams with all kinds of young talent but still are high lottery teams for seasons now.

Comment

Working...
                              X