Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast
Results 321 to 340 of 345

Thread: Bargnani Trade Idea Thread

  1. #321
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Hey, another thread to post this idea in. There's never a shortage of threads to present "get rid of Bargs" scenarios.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=accqzb6

    Andrea Bargnani for Kendrick Perkins and Perry Jones.

    Short version: Bargnani is an upgrade over Perkins and only small pay increase....same length of deal. It's also pretty clear they could use another offensive threat, hopefully in the frontcourt. Jones is lost in the shuffle. Not going to outplay Durant, Ibaka or Collison any time soon. For Toronto, Perkins would be getting a demotion in role, but maybe one he's suited for, and brings some grit and leadership. Jones could get the chance to play at either PF or SF. Still a lot of potential there. Reunites him with Acy, but they'd be fighting each other for minutes.

    This probably wouldn't be a first choice for either team, but both players will not attract great offers. OKC has 3 draft picks this year, likely at 12 (ours), 29 and 32. They can easily replace Jones with another young asset. Or they may even be willing to deal a pick rather than Jones.
    When i read 'leadership' in combination with veteran (once average) players I tend to read 'he can't play for shit (anymore)'. Fisher is the greatest example of this. Not directly meant against your post btw, just a random thought popping in my head and I like to post my random thoughts.

  2. #322
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Soft Euro wrote: View Post
    When i read 'leadership' in combination with veteran (once average) players I tend to read 'he can't play for shit (anymore)'. Fisher is the greatest example of this. Not directly meant against your post btw, just a random thought popping in my head and I like to post my random thoughts.
    Yeah, this is true. Perkins can't play for shit anymore. But in his case, specifically, he brings an attitude somewhat similar to Oakley's. The Raptors still need more grit. He also brings championship experience, something that can only help this squad that has no significant playoff experience in any of the players currently in the top 8-10.

    The hope is that Jones is still the talent he was believed to be.

    I had another idea today as rumours have come out about the Cavs possibly shopping the #1 pick.

    Sacramento gets: #1 pick and Andrea Bargnani
    Cleveland gets: DeMarcus Cousins and, I think, Sacto has to give them the 7th pick too
    Toronto gets: Tristan Thompson and the always horrible contract of John Salmons

  3. #323
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mnbflkg

    TO trades: Bargs, DeRozan, Ross
    TO receives: KLove, Sefolosha

    OKC trades: Perkins, Sefolosha
    OKC receives: Bargs, Ross

    Minny trades: KLove,
    Minny receives: Perkins, DeRozan

    We get our upgraded PF and potential all star, as well as a good SG defender and a guy that can knock down the 3.

    OKC gets rid of Perkins, while getting an offensive upgrade with Bargs and a young developing Ross to help fill the spot left by Sefolosha. Trading offense for defense.

    Minny gets DeRozan to fill the much needed void at the SG, and , unfortunately, Perkins.

    This works on the trade machine but I'm not sure I like it. Also, I'm not sure this is something either OKC or Minny would consider. The T'Wolves might need a draft pick, and I'm not sure if OKC could warrant moving Sefolosha.

    Would this be good for the Raptors?

  4. #324
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mnbflkg

    TO trades: Bargs, DeRozan, Ross
    TO receives: KLove, Sefolosha

    OKC trades: Perkins, Sefolosha
    OKC receives: Bargs, Ross

    Minny trades: KLove,
    Minny receives: Perkins, DeRozan

    We get our upgraded PF and potential all star, as well as a good SG defender and a guy that can knock down the 3.

    OKC gets rid of Perkins, while getting an offensive upgrade with Bargs and a young developing Ross to help fill the spot left by Sefolosha. Trading offense for defense.

    Minny gets DeRozan to fill the much needed void at the SG, and , unfortunately, Perkins.

    This works on the trade machine but I'm not sure I like it. Also, I'm not sure this is something either OKC or Minny would consider. The T'Wolves might need a draft pick, and I'm not sure if OKC could warrant moving Sefolosha.

    Would this be good for the Raptors?
    Why does MInny want Perkins? I think if they were going to trade Love they'd rather have Bargnani. I'm sure they'll keep Pekovic.

    This deal makes very little sense. Overvaluing Perkins (TO wouldn't need to attach Ross to get Perkins). Undervaluing Love (for Perkins and DeRozan? Are you kidding me?).

    This deal is really bad for MInnesota, so it clearly wouldn't happen. They'll get a very nice haul if and when they decide to move Love. It wouldn't even be that great for Toronto. It's hard to give up both DeMar and Ross in the same deal. Not only do you give up on developing both of them as your future SG, but you use them in the same deal with a decent but very limited role player coming back. The Raptors would suddenly lack A LOT offensively on the wing, especially if Fields elbow stays fucked.

  5. #325
    Raptors Republic All-Star JawsGT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    1,372
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was thinking the same, just throwing it out there trying to find a way to unload Bargs for TO and Perkins for OKC, while getting that coveted PF everyone wants. I have no illusions, nobody will want Perkins. And yes, it is bad for Minnesota, which is why I thought adding a draft pick or two might help. And I also don't like moving both Ross and Derozan, but there is a good chance one may have to go in order to move Bargs.

  6. #326
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JawsGT wrote: View Post
    I was thinking the same, just throwing it out there trying to find a way to unload Bargs for TO and Perkins for OKC, while getting that coveted PF everyone wants. I have no illusions, nobody will want Perkins. And yes, it is bad for Minnesota, which is why I thought adding a draft pick or two might help. And I also don't like moving both Ross and Derozan, but there is a good chance one may have to go in order to move Bargs.
    That depends on what kind of return you want for Bargs. I don't think his value is high, but there are teams who could use him, and who have bad pieces to shed. I know it's possible they attach an asset like one of those SGs to him, but I hope the new GM has a more rational view, and finds a way to just get rid of Bargnani without doing that. If you accept his low value, I think you can find some trade for him where you might get a good piece (or potentially good piece) if you take back some other piece of crap.

    For instance, a team that made the playoffs and doesn't have the room for a late 1st rd pick in what's being advertised as the worst draft ever might be interested in a guy like Bargs. Several teams like that have bad players/contracts to unload.
    Examples....GSW (Biedrins/Jefferson), OKC (Perkins...they also have 2 1st rd picks becuase they got ours in the Perkins trade, so it is one season where OKC could trade a pick away), BKL (Humphries). They'd all be good fits for him too. As to whether they'd have interest? Who knows? But when you look at the garbage they have under contract, it's possible. Even though some of these guys are expiring, the teams they're with might not be willing to part with (or even have) more assets to add in a better deal for them.

  7. #327
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    640
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    With Masai Ujiri as our new GM, he will explore option in trading Andrea by July 1, I say ship him to the Knicks.

    Toronto out: Bargnani + Fields
    Toronto in: Tyson Chandler + Steve Novak + Knicks 2013 1st round pick

    Raps can acquire a backup PG in I.Caanan, M.Kabongo, or N.Wolters

    Raps Lineups
    Lowry/Drafted Backup PG/John Lucas III?
    DeRozan/T.Ross/3rd stringer SG
    Gay/Novak/Kleiza
    Amir/backup PF/Acy
    Val/T.Chandler/Gray

    Why Raps: We get T.Chandler who has lost some favor as a Knick, a decent veteran C at his age, can rebound and block shots, provide veteran help for the young Valanciunas. S.Novak is a deadly shooter, a decent backup behind R.Gay. Besides, we also acquire their late pick whom we can flip for a PG

    Why Knicks: They acquire Bargnani who will provide more option for the Knicks, this way Amare Stoudamire can be pushed to play C for the team. Landry Fields will return to his beloved Knicks as a backup option for C.Anthony or backup SG for JR Smith (resigned)

  8. #328
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    With Masai Ujiri as our new GM, he will explore option in trading Andrea by July 1, I say ship him to the Knicks.

    Toronto out: Bargnani + Fields
    Toronto in: Tyson Chandler + Steve Novak + Knicks 2013 1st round pick

    Raps can acquire a backup PG in I.Caanan, M.Kabongo, or N.Wolters

    Raps Lineups
    Lowry/Drafted Backup PG/John Lucas III?
    DeRozan/T.Ross/3rd stringer SG
    Gay/Novak/Kleiza
    Amir/backup PF/Acy
    Val/T.Chandler/Gray

    Why Raps: We get T.Chandler who has lost some favor as a Knick, a decent veteran C at his age, can rebound and block shots, provide veteran help for the young Valanciunas. S.Novak is a deadly shooter, a decent backup behind R.Gay. Besides, we also acquire their late pick whom we can flip for a PG

    Why Knicks: They acquire Bargnani who will provide more option for the Knicks, this way Amare Stoudamire can be pushed to play C for the team. Landry Fields will return to his beloved Knicks as a backup option for C.Anthony or backup SG for JR Smith (resigned)
    +10ftw
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  9. #329
    Raptors Republic Rookie LeetGoose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    58
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Assuming Houston signs Dwight Howard, and this trade works financially after the signing, I think it helps all teams.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l8g9k6g

    Houston receives: Andrea Bargnani
    Toronto receives: Andrew Nicholson
    Orlando receives: Thomas Robison, Royce White

    Houston can pair Bargnani with Howard like Orlando did with Ryan Anderson since Bargnani won't have to play under the basket like Pau Gasol which clearly didn't work. Toronto gets out of Bargnani's contract, and we get a young PF with potential. Orlando receives 2 young PF too add to their young core. Thoughts?

  10. #330
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    15
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bargs for Kris Humphries, just get them both out of their individual hells. Maybe they both bounce back. This just seems less cruel.

  11. #331
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Saw this little piece of rumour out there today:
    http://www.sportscity.com/meet-the-n...on/2013/06/24/

    Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler are expected to be packaged in a draft-day trade for Orlando’s Arron Aflallo, addressing the Clipper need for a shooting guard.

    With less likelihood of finding a high post center to clear room underneath for Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan figures to remain the starter.

    Meanwhile, the Clips will look for a three-point shooting power forward—a “stretch four.”
    So, assuming that some draft day deal is going through or being built around Bledsoe-Butler for Afflalo, anyone think the Raps can get in as a 3rd team with Bargnani as that "stretch four" they want?

    This is a 3-team deal I came up with for an example:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k9hzqw6

    LAC get: Bargs and Afflalo
    ->Why? Well, I don't know where they find that stretch 4 unless part of the draft day deal involves the #2 pick...?? That's entirely possible, but without knowing, there actually aren't a lot of stretch 4s available. Teams tend to be fond of the efficient, role-playing ones like Andersen and Ilyasova. Bargnani though...a new team, taking a 6th man type role, coached by Rivers who might be able to get something out of him . Why do they give up Crawford? Well, with Afflalo eating minutes and Billups probably wanting to go back to LAC, it's not as big a loss as it would have been last year. They'll have more issues at SF, though they can make a signing like Barnes last year (maybe even Barnes again) for a cheap, solid role player. Or if Pierce is bought out, I think everyone would expect him to immediately join Paul and Doc with the Clips.

    ORL get: Butler, Bledsoe and Crawford
    ->why? Well, Butler and Bledsoe are part of the rumour. Makes sense. Bledsoe, a young PG, and Butler, a vet and cap relief, for a rebuilding young team. Crawford would give them offense from the perimeter which they also badly need with Redick gone and if Afflalo's traded. Not to mention Crawford's creativity would be a very nice addition, and with Bledsoe, give them 2 legit ballhandlers who can break down the D. They'd have to swallow Crawford's long deal, but it's also reasonable and easy to move again.

    TOR get: Nicholson, Green and Harrington
    -> Why? Facilitating and trying to get something for Bargs. Green is on a cheap deal that's non-guaranteed. Harrington is on a less cheap deal that is also non-guaranteed. ORL has been allowing Harrington to work out for teams to try and find a suitor because they don't want to pay to buy him out. TOR could take him on and do just that if they want. The main asset is Nicholson, who has a nice game, but probably not that high a ceiling. Still, the Raps only give up Bargs and get 2 vets who they could easily buy out to free up money faster, and one young player who's already shown some decent ability.

  12. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    744
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just send Bargs to OKC for the 29th or 32nd pick, Perkins' contract and one of Jones or Lamb and call it a day. Could snag Adetokoubo in that range potentially.

    Realistic trade, gives us a backup center, an additional prospect and potentially allows us to send Ross to Minnesota for either DWill or maybe even the 9th pick (especially if Oladipo and Kentavious are off the board). Could use that pick to net us Carter-Williams.

    Lowry/MCW
    DeMar/Lamb
    Gay/Adetokoubo/Fields
    Amir/Acy
    Val/Perk

    Heading into FA, with the MLE still available to snag a guy like Landry to play 4 off the bench. Lowry, Gay, Perk, Fields, Amir are all gone in or before 2015 Free Agency if you want to do a rebuild afterwards around MCW, DeMar, Lamb, Adetokoubo and Val.

  13. #333
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    112
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Tor-Sac
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pmj73yj

    Tor: Thompson, Salmons, 2nd rounder

    Sac: Bargs

    At this point we just need to get rid of the well overstayed Primo Pasta&Sauce. Sacramento is dumping Salmons on us and can use some scoring potential. At this point Thompson is a better starting PF than Bargs and we throw Salmons scrap minutes as our 6th wing. We try and pick someone who has fallen out of the 1st round, or a high potential like Goodwin or Leslie. Im also very fond of James Southerland. He has a cold blooded 3 ball and is athletic. This trade also allows us to use our amnesty on Klieza

  14. #334
    Raptors Republic Rookie swingman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Jason Dixon wrote: View Post
    Bargs for Kris Humphries, just get them both out of their individual hells. Maybe they both bounce back. This just seems less cruel.
    This trade is starting to grow on me too. Kris was playing well up until the 2012-2013 season, I wouldn't think he can't find his form on a new team. Good rebounder who could play the 4 or 5. First big off the bench?

  15. #335
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,137
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What about Bargnani and Derozan to Denver for JeVale McGee and Wilson Chandler?

  16. #336
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,517
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I was reading a rumor today about Indiana (on either ESPN or CNNSI, can't recall), which mentioned them looking for help at PG and bench scoring. With West getting a little older, Hansborough being more of a rebounder than scorer (and a free agent) and Granger on the block, I wonder if there could be a fit with Toronto (either as a landing spot or facilitating a multi-team trade).

    Something like Lowry & Bargnani for Granger would work, but obviously the Raps don't have a huge need for Granger with Gay & DeRozan already on the roster.

  17. #337
    Raptors Republic All-Star Soft Euro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Utrecht, The Netherlands (Yes, that's Europe!)
    Posts
    1,920
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I was reading a rumor today about Indiana (on either ESPN or CNNSI, can't recall), which mentioned them looking for help at PG and bench scoring. With West getting a little older, Hansborough being more of a rebounder than scorer (and a free agent) and Granger on the block, I wonder if there could be a fit with Toronto (either as a landing spot or facilitating a multi-team trade).

    Something like Lowry & Bargnani for Granger would work, but obviously the Raps don't have a huge need for Granger with Gay & DeRozan already on the roster.
    You never know, but the system Indiana plays is better suited for taller pg's.

  18. #338
    Raptors Republic Starter Sam17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brampton, ON
    Posts
    400
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tenforthewin wrote: View Post
    with masai ujiri as our new gm, he will explore option in trading andrea by july 1, i say ship him to the knicks.

    Toronto out: Bargnani + fields
    toronto in: Tyson chandler + steve novak + knicks 2013 1st round pick

    raps can acquire a backup pg in i.caanan, m.kabongo, or n.wolters

    raps lineups
    lowry/drafted backup pg/john lucas iii?
    Derozan/t.ross/3rd stringer sg
    gay/novak/kleiza
    amir/backup pf/acy
    val/t.chandler/gray

    why raps: We get t.chandler who has lost some favor as a knick, a decent veteran c at his age, can rebound and block shots, provide veteran help for the young valanciunas. S.novak is a deadly shooter, a decent backup behind r.gay. Besides, we also acquire their late pick whom we can flip for a pg

    why knicks: They acquire bargnani who will provide more option for the knicks, this way amare stoudamire can be pushed to play c for the team. Landry fields will return to his beloved knicks as a backup option for c.anthony or backup sg for jr smith (resigned)
    lol

  19. #339
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,300
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Lakers are about to lose D12. Artest, Duhon and a 1st rounder for Bargnani.

    The Raptors get a couple servicable players with short term deals and a 1st rounder.

  20. #340
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    What about Bargnani and Derozan to Denver for JeVale McGee and Wilson Chandler?
    If Chandler played the 2 for us I'd think about it. Don't think he plays much of it though.

    I also think Javale is underrated, he's very athletic for a big man and his good play is overshadowed by Shaqtin' a Fool.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •