No announcement yet.

Bargnani Trade Idea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't like the trade. James Johnson should be removed. Bargnani carries more value than that and adding Johnson is more than required.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Okur/2011 New Jersey Nets 1st round pick for Bargnani.

You wouldn't? I'm not sure if you saw the Nets pick.
      I did miss the draft pick. That does change things. I would certainly consider that.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Bargnani to Utah in 3 team deal with Denver

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4b45k79

Utah: Bargnani and DEN 1st round pick
        Toronto: Felton
        Denver: Millsap

Utah gets a big man to spread the floor for Jefferson while Favors develops plus 1st another first round pick as they continue to rebuild.

Toronto gets a scoring/passing/defensive PG.

Denver gets a PF. After this season, they only have Al Harrington on the books at the PF.

Comment

Utah gets a big man to spread the floor for Jefferson while Favors develops plus 1st another first round pick as they continue to rebuild.

Denver gets a PF. After this season, they only have Al Harrington on the books at the PF.
          I could get with this, although would have a logjam at the 1/combo requiring further moves. I would say I still prefer a Barbosa/Alabi for Felton trade.

Comment

Toronto/Memphis Deal

Andrea Bargnani For OJ Mayo & Darrell Arthur
            • Mayo was almost traded at the deadline for McRoberts and a 1st round pick.
            • The Grizzlies have lots of cap space to make the deal work.

Arthur would be a talented piece they could flip again later. In the meantime he plays both center and PF very well.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

Arthur would be a talented piece they could flip again later. In the meantime he plays both center and PF very well.
              I'm a Mayo kind of guy. I'm all for this.

Comment

I could live with that deal. Problem is, we'd have like $20M plus tied into PG's. One's gotta go.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  I could live with that deal. Problem is, we'd have like $20M plus tied into PG's. One's gotta go.
                  I've had Calderon's bags packed for a long time.

Comment

I love apollos idea. If Memphis cant resign zebo (they claim they can) I could definitely see them do it.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I've had Calderon's bags packed for a long time.
                      Are you gonna pack him a snack for the plane ride too?

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        Are you gonna pack him a snack for the plane ride too?
                        Absolutely. I've actually booked him a first class ticket with limo service to the airport. There is no ill will in this departure. I think it is better for the team to move on.

Comment

I could get behind this one.
                          “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Mayo has had issues. Are we pretty sure he is worth the investment?
                            “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

I like Mayo and think he would be a good (perhaps ideal) backup for Derozan. I wanted to trade for him mid-year but I am not so sure dealing Bargnani to get him is value neutral. I know exactly nothing about Arthur (other than his name now). Hard to buy into getting another 6'9" PF in here though. I guess you intend to fill Reggie and Dorsey's shoes but don't buy the C at that height. May as well involve another team at the start instead of getting a piece to move later.

Comment

I think if Mayo came here one of two scenario's would play out. Either DeMar would switch to the 3 or Mayo would play the point. Mayo has a great handle and has been working on his PG play. Mayo is far more effective when he starts. I think his rhythm is a lot better.

Arthur plays PF and center. He's a good all round player. Like I said, him being in the deal would be about maximizing the value in the deal. You move him later if need be. The team isn't a couple pieces away from a title or anything and so they can afford to do such things.

bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
                                Mayo has had issues. Are we pretty sure he is worth the investment?
                                His issues are in the past. He's been very mature this year. The way he's handled the mid-season botched trade fiasco has been great. He's obviously not in their long term plans now. There isn't enough ball to go around between him Randolph and Gay. The fact that they have Xavier Henry, Sam Young and Tony Allen on roster probably has a lot to do with him being on the block. All three of those guys blend in and complement their two high powered forwards better.

If this deal went through the Raptors would be asking Mayo to be a play maker and so I think he would thrive again. Ed and Amir in the paint are very limited. They're not game changers on offense. DeMar has a growing inside game but no outside shot and limited handle. Mayo would be the perfect offensive replacement to Bargnani.

Comment

Working...
                                X