Thread: Raps increase their chance of picking first!

Raptors Republic Rookie Raptors_13's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raps increase their chance of picking first!

The Raps now have the 4th worst record in the league and have a 11.9% chance of winning the 1st overall pick and are on track to draft 4th overall.

http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2011/mockdraft

Raptors Republic Superstar Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Raptors will soon start winning games like they do every year near the end.

The Raptors are going to be picking 5th or 6th.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_13 wrote: View Post
    The Raps now have the 4th worst record in the league and have a 11.9% chance of winning the 1st overall pick and are on track to draft 4th overall.

Your avatar is a very good picture of the current state of the franchise. I like it.

Raptors Republic Rookie Raptors_13's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I wouldn't care if they lost the rest of their games to finish the season.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote me wrote:
    Don't get happy.

Quote Kings Schedule wrote:
    Tue 3/29 Suns | Wed 3/30 @Nuggets | Fri 4/1 Nuggets | Sun 4/3 Jazz | Tue 4/5 @Rockets | Wed 4/6 @Spurs | Fri 4/8 @Grizzlies | Sun 4/10 @Warriors
    Quote Raptors Schedule wrote:
    Wed 3/30 Bucks | Sat 4/2 @Bulls | Sun 4/3 Magic | Tue 4/5 @Knicks | Wed 4/6 Cavaliers | Fri 4/8 @76ers | Sun 4/10 Nets | Mon 4/11 @Bucks
    We'll at least get 2 wins (Nets and Cavs at home) can't say the same about the Kings.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    the thing about the nba is anything can happen. We won games against teams this season that people thought we don't stand a chance against. The kings could win 4 out of 8 of those games for all we know.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Wouldn't be surprised to see the Kings pass the Raptors. Ever since Tyreke Evans has come back, the team is playing a lot better and with a sense of purpose. Today's win against Philly, in Philly, was big. As for the Raps, I don't see them winning too many games down the stretch. Injuries are beginning to catch up to them, they look like a tired bunch, and their schedule isn't too friendly:
    Games Against Playoff Teams: Chicago, Orlando, Knicks, Philly, Miami
    Games Against Teams Still in a Playoff Hunt: Milwaukee (2 times)
    Games Against Teams Out of the Playoffs: Cleveland and New Jersey
    Back to Backs: 3 (Chicago/Orlando, Knicks/Cleveland, Nets/Milwaukee)

Nonetheless, the lottery will be what it is. They have to hope they get the top pick or that Minnesota and Washington get the top 2 picks if they want a shot at getting Kyrie Irving. Washington won't draft Irving because they have Wall. I doubt Minnesota does either since I believe Rubio will be playing for them next year. It's going to be a big off-season for the Raptors.

Raptors Republic Rookie chrischris's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Raps need to shut down some players. No sense playing them hurt or giving minutes to guys that wont be around next year

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_13 wrote: View Post

Except in history the fourth worst record has never yielded the number one pick in 21yrs of the current format. The fifth worst has won it the most times followed by second and third worst.