• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna toss a couple names out there, tell me what you think

George Hill
    Brandon Rush
    Eric Maynor
    Xavier Henry

All gettable, and with the exception of Hill probably relatively easily too. Would having Rush or Henry come off the bench as a sixth man give you a boner? What about having Hill or Maynor running the show for a year while whoever we draft learns the ropes and then be a backup/commodity?
    @sweatpantsjer

I'm just spitballing here, having some wine. A fine night to be making threads. We talk so much about who we want starting/drafted but what about coming off the bench and giving the team a boost?
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Hill would be nice if we can't get Irving, if we do then we should go for Marc Gasol, Wilson Chandler or maybe Deandre Jordan.

Comment

I think getting Xavier Henry would be awesome. He's 20 years old with tons of upside (picked right before Ed Davis). I don't think Memphis would give him up so easily though.

Comment

George Hill is a nice player, but I am not sure he is a point guard. The guy can defend the spot and is an OK shooter, but for the minutes he plays his assist numbers are very low. 2.5 apg in 28 minutes......BIG QUESTION MARK FOR ME??????

Brandon Rush is a good 3 point shooter who does not bring much else. We could use his ability to spread the floor, but would he want to be stuck behind a guy like DeRozan who plays 35 minutes a game? Right now Rush get 27-28 minutes, not sure he would like our situation.

Eric Maynor's sample size is to small for me to really decide what I think, but I am leaning towards no thanks. He can shoot the 3, but his overall fg % is bad, like 38% bad. He has good length at 6'3" but seems like he can distribute, but is he suited to play more than 10-15 minutes a game, I don't think so.

Xavier Henry has not played in over a month, he was given a chance at the start of the year and never really produced. The guy has a pro body, but so did Joey Graham.....should I say any more.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            George Hill
            Brandon Rush
            Eric Maynor
            Xavier Henry

All gettable, and with the exception of Hill probably relatively easily too. Would having Rush or Henry come off the bench as a sixth man give you a boner? What about having Hill or Maynor running the show for a year while whoever we draft learns the ropes and then be a backup/commodity?
            Hill is not gettable in my opinion.

Rush is very much gettable but not sure I'd want him. He seems to have underachieved in Indiana and failed 3 drug tests last year from my recollection of the summer.

Maynor is not gettable in my opinion. He is a great back up in OKC. He might want more PT or the spotlight but he is on a rookie deal for one more season.

Henry is questionable. If he is available I'd jump at him in a heartbeat. He is currently behind Gay (when healthy), Battier (if returning), Young, Allen, and Mayo (if not dealt). They had the contract conflict last summer and he has been injured much of this year with a bum knee but when healthy he has not played much.

Comment

Anyone is "gettable".

While I'm at it, why don't I just toss another name out there:

Dwight Howard.

Go.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                Anyone is "gettable".

While I'm at it, why don't I just toss another name out there:

Dwight Howard.

Go.
                Good point.

Maynor or Hill for our 1st round pick.

Comment

Anyone is attainable. It doesn't mean we should go out and try to acquire them - and give up assets in the process.

Eric Maynor or our 1st round pick? Come on, Matt. I know you love your trades and all (who doesn't like a good trade?), but our pick probably has more value than a back-up PG. I like Hill, but I'd rather see what selection we do get and what players are available to us at that position before we get rid of our pick.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    Anyone is attainable. It doesn't mean we should go out and try to acquire them - and give up assets in the process.

Eric Maynor or our 1st round pick? Come on, Matt. I know you love your trades and all (who doesn't like a good trade?), but our pick probably has more value than a back-up PG. I like Hill, but I'd rather see what selection we do get and what players are available to us at that position before we get rid of our pick.
                    Sarcasm doesn't come through very well on a forum.

My point was anyone is attainable for the right deal. The Raps could conceivably get many decent players but would they be willing to give up a core piece or their draft pick? For the majority I would say no.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Sarcasm doesn't come through very well on a forum.

My point was anyone is attainable for the right deal. The Raps could conceivably get many decent players but would they be willing to give up a core piece or their draft pick? For the majority I would say no.
                      EDIT: Yup, Gotcha. Just figured it out.

Comment

What about Calderon and the TPE?
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

What about Calderon and the TPE?
                          What ABOUT Calderon and the TPE?

Comment

For Maynor...
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

For Maynor...
                              For Maynor? Really? And the TPE? Am I missing something here? Did Eric Maynor sign some sort of monster contract when I wasn;t looking? Those are two assets we'd give up for a guy who's not even better than Calderon in the first place. ANd the trade doesn't even work in the first place because the numbers don't match up.

Comment

Working...
                              X