No announcement yet.

Walker Vs. Knight: The Apollo/Mango Bet Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knight went 6-23 on the night and lost. Walker had huge play after, huge play.

This game only further validated my opinion that if Irving is gone then Walker over Knight all the way.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Knight went 6-23 on the night and lost. Walker had huge play after, huge play.

This game only further validated my opinion that if Irving is gone then Walker over Knight all the way.
      but how does knight's performance stack up to walker's first game in the final four when he was a freshman?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=294000031

i like both of these guys a lot, but i don't think this game confirms anything wrt who is gonna be the better pro. i think knight has a lot to work on but has shown that he's got an embrace-the-big-moment quality about him that you just can't teach. not that walker doesn't, because he's obviously won many games this year in crunch time. just don't think this game is indicative of much... how well do you think knight would do in this game two years from now?

worthy of note: walker had a monster game in the elite eight that year against mizzou, which was the first time he made a big impression on me.

Comment

Walker did outplay Knight, but I didn't see anything special about Kemba in this game.. or Knight for that matter too. Both were kinda..underwhelming.

But a bet's a bet and Walker did outshine Knight, so Apollo, is there a specific Walker avatar you'd like me to use or can I just use any one I'd like?

Comment

I like this one ...
          KEMBA!

Comment

That's snazzy. I'll use that.

Comment

Yeah, go with that one. One with the trophy would be nice too though.

We won't have to wait much longer to see that!

Comment

It looked like when Walker hurt his ankle it kinda took him out of the game, but UCONN couldn't admit as much and actually take him out. He had to be a threat if they wanted any chance at victory.

But after he tweaked it, and after that one desperation block right after (huge, huge block, momentum-wise), he barely had the ball on offense. He was playing great up till then.

Comment

Working...
                X