Trade high draft pick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trade high draft pick?

The latest arse post had me thinking: While we are almost guaranteed a top 5 pick in this years draft, with many different prospects on the fence about declaring at all, should we consider trading our pick? And if we do trade the pick, what are some options? The Mayo suggestion was bearable, I would venture for maybe a Nene or Granger. Any ideas?

It would have to be a good deal for the here and now as well as the future for me to even entertain dealing the draft selection.

Comment

No thanks

your mom wrote: View Post
      The latest arse post had me thinking: While we are almost guaranteed a top 5 pick in this years draft, with many different prospects on the fence about declaring at all, should we consider trading our pick? And if we do trade the pick, what are some options? The Mayo suggestion was bearable, I would venture for maybe a Nene or Granger. Any ideas?
      • Colangelo has a horrible track record when it comes to trading 1st round draft picks.
      • Colangelo has an excellent track record when it comes to using 1st round draft picks.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        • Colangelo has a horrible track record when it comes to trading 1st round draft picks.
        • Colangelo has an excellent track record when it comes to using 1st round draft picks.
        So you agree Bargs was a great pick! Phew, thought i'd lost you Apollo!

Comment

I've never once said I didn't think Bargnani wasn't talented but I have said many times that I don't want him on the Raptors anymore.

Comment

I've never once said I didn't think Bargnani wasn't talented but I have said many times that I don't want him on the Raptors anymore.
            Do you think he was a good #1 draft pick?

Comment

You'll have to ask me in the appropriate place and if you want to talk about this. I don't want to encourage another thread derailed by Bargnani talk in the wrong place. Threads can have great value without his name constantly popping up.

Comment

You'll have to ask me in the appropriate place and if you want to talk about this. I don't want to encourage another thread derailed by Bargnani talk in the wrong place. Threads can have great value without his name constantly popping up.
                Ok ur right true

Comment

I hope we can trade either Calderon or Bargnani for a 1st rounder , hopefully from Utah , or another lottery bound team.
                  Draft either Kemba or Knight or Perry Jones or Terrence Jones.
                  NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

The trading of a high draft pick is the crux of the philosophical approach to building a team. I would only countenance such for teams who are already a very good team ready to rock in the playoffs (somehow in possession of such a draft choice maybe thru a previous trade) and need a experienced piece to take them over the top.

I would not trade this pick unless it was a absolute slam dunk coming back (eg a CP3 type in a larger deal). Draft the best player available and after evaluating the team with the new addition possibly trade a player we already have and whose strengths and weaknesses we know. We have traded too many 1sts at the expense of patience or to keep the "franchise player" happy ...and it has hurt.

btw...Arse mentioned Mayo only as an example to illustrate the point and people on the main page are taking it as a suggestion.

Comment

Personally, before seriously considering trading it, I'd like to see where it lands.

Comment

How has this not been moved yet? haha

Keep the pick.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                          Do you think he was a good #1 draft pick?
                          Bargnani will be good on the RIGHT team. And the Raptors aren't benifitting from him, we lack on defence not offence. I don't hate bargnani i hate that he's on the raptors because he's not the type of player we need on our team.

Comment

Trade down and grab another first rounder (even if it's for next years draft).

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                              Trade down and grab another first rounder (even if it's for next years draft).
                              +1 If teams are down on this draft, then valuations for the picks are down...good opportunity to grab another pick on the cheap.

Comment

Working...
                              X