Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everything but twins

Ed or Amir?

Both have the exact same game. Hustle players who will block and rebound. No offensive games.

Demar or Sonny?

Both have the exact same game. Athletic players who are good jump shooters.

Who would you keep?

You keep both Ed and Amir. Eventually Davis will start and have Amir as the first big off the bench. He'd be a fantastic bench player. As for their offensive game, both of them may not score a lot of points, but both are highly efficient offensive players. Those are the types of bigs you want on contenders.

As for DeMar or Sonny, I assume that's a joke, right?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Demar and sonny? your kidding right? there is nothing alike about them. Sonny turns the ball over a million times a game and demars jumpshot is wayy better than sonny's.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
        Demar and sonny? your kidding right? there is nothing alike about them. Sonny turns the ball over a million times a game and demars jumpshot is wayy better than sonny's.
        broo where u beeen?

You should know by now...

they dont call sonny MONEY for nutting...

Comment

You keep both Ed and Amir. Eventually Davis will start and have Amir as the first big off the bench. He'd be a fantastic bench player. As for their offensive game, both of them may not score a lot of points, but both are highly efficient offensive players. Those are the types of bigs you want on contenders.
          I don't think Amir would be to thrilled backing up a rookie. Amir has paid his dues won his championship and been in the league 100 years. Having said all this there basically the same age. Plus Amir has the "contract" how do you justify Ed starting and Amir coming off the bench.

As for DeMar or Sonny, I assume that's a joke, right?
          12 Nov 2010... Were all witnesses...

Sonny MONEY Weems biggest money shot of the year. Book it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jktmptYI8E
          Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Tue Mar 29, 2011, 11:51 PM.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
            Sonny's mid range game isn't that bad and his 3pt is a billion Xs better then Demar. Demar has turnover probs as well...
            Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Mar 30, 2011, 12:02 AM.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
              Sonny's mid range game isn't that bad and he's 3pt is a billion Xs better then Demar. Demar has turnover probs as well...
              Yea eh...

Sonny's also got better handles with the basketball he's good at going coast to coast...

Comment

Also just wondering is Ed injury prone?.. just something to ponder going forward.

Comment

DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                  I don't think Amir would be to thrilled backing up a rookie. Amir has paid his dues won his championship and been in the league 100 years. Having said all this there basically the same age. Plus Amir has the "contract" how do you justify Ed starting and Amir coming off the bench.
                  Davis won't be a rookie, anymore. And Amir is a team player. Always has been. He'll still get his minutes, but Amir knows that Davis will probably eventually start. And Amir is being paid less than the average salary. In other words, it's not a stretch for a guy like that to be coming off the bench.

Besides, maybe Amir starts and Davis comes off the bench. It doesn't matter. The point is it's not as if having one makes the other one redundant. Both players play good, solid basketball on both ends and do the little things. It was kind of like when Antonio Davis was backing up Dale Davis in Indiana. They made a good 1-2 punch. Antonio would come in off the bench for either Smits or Dale. This notion that one of them has to go is a little ridiculous, quite frankly. They can both play together and are the types of big men you want on a contender. You keep them.

12 Nov 2010... Were all witnesses...

Sonny MONEY Weems biggest money shot of the year. Book it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jktmptYI8E
                  I like Weems, but I'm not sure what one clip does. DeRozan is obviously the better player. And no one hits the shot of the year in November.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Also just wondering is Ed injury prone?.. just something to ponder going forward.
                    No.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Davis won't be a rookie, anymore. And Amir is a team player. Always has been. He'll still get his minutes, but Amir knows that Davis will probably eventually start. And Amir is being paid less than the average salary. In other words, it's not a stretch for a guy like that to be coming off the bench.
                      Amir came out of highschool and has been a complete project until essentially last year. He's been our starter all year so I highly doubt he'd be a team player about handing off his starting role to a second year player after he had to pay his dues for many years.

Besides, maybe Amir starts and Davis comes off the bench. It doesn't matter. The point is it's not as if having one makes the other one redundant. Both players play good, solid basketball on both ends and do the little things. It was kind of like when Antonio Davis was backing up Dale Davis in Indiana. They made a good 1-2 punch. Antonio would come in off the bench for either Smits or Dale.
                      Don't know how successful Indiana has been with either of those combination of bigs. Did they ever win a championship? However I do know Lakers have had success with a BIG lineup. Bynum Gasol and Odom. I invision raptors getting a defensive center ancor to play alongside Bargs at the 4... and either Ed or Amir playing the role of an Odom without the ball skills obviously.

This notion that one of them has to go is a little ridiculous, quite frankly. They can both play together and are the types of big men you want on a contender. You keep them.
                      If they can prove to play well together then you can possibly play them interchangably as backup center and powerforward maybe? I just don't see how this will work. Teams will have a field day playing zone defense with those two on the floor.

I like Weems, but I'm not sure what one clip does. DeRozan is obviously the better player. And no one hits the shot of the year in November.
                      sad but true biggest shot of year in november. guess it was a november to rememeber.
                      Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Wed Mar 30, 2011, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Amir will come off the bench if the coaches tell him to, and he'll be happy about it because he wants to win and in the end the coach knows better than him what will make this team win. Amir will be our first big off the bench for the next few seasons and he could quite possibly end up with a sixth man award if he keeps developing the way he has.

Demar vs.Sonny is a joke, Demar has become a better player in every way at this point.
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Amir came out of highschool and has been a complete project until essentially last year. He's been our starter all year so I highly doubt he'd be a team player about handing off his starting role to a second year player after he had to pay his dues for many years.
                          And you're basing this on.....

Don't know how successful Indiana has been with either of those combination of bigs. Did they ever win a championship? However I do know Lakers have had success with a BIG lineup. Bynum Gasol and Odom. I invision raptors getting a defensive center ancor to play alongside Bargs at the 4... and either Ed or Amir playing the role of an Odom without the ball skills obviously.
                          They won 58 games and went to the Eastern Conference Finals two years in a row. I'd say they did pretty damn well. And that was without a true superstar on the team.

I'm curious why you don't think a team would be successful with two active big men, who defend, rebound and are very efficient on the offensive end, as your two PFs, but why you think a team with a defensive liability at the 4 can advance far in the playoffs.

And in 2 years, there's no way Bargnani starts ahead of Ed Davis. Bargnani's far too one dimensional and Davis is already more well rounded than him.

If they can prove to play well together then you can possibly play them interchangably as backup center and powerforward maybe? I just don't see how this will work. Teams will have a field day playing zone defense with those two on the floor.
                          Why? Because teams have a field day playing zone against teams like Orlando, Oklahoma, Chicago and Denver? You don't need your big men to be able to hit the outside jumper to beat a zone. I'm not sure where you get that from. Besides, the notion that Amir is a poor offensive player is a complete myth. He's become a good shooter from 15 feet, and should continue to improve. And there's no reason to believe Davis won't be able to improve his jumpshot too.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The Raptors should keep both Amir and Davis. Having a duo like that at the 4 can win us games. Weems is the player I dislike the most on this team. I like Alabi more.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
                              Amir will come off the bench if the coaches tell him to, and he'll be happy about it because he wants to win and in the end the coach knows better than him what will make this team win. Amir will be our first big off the bench for the next few seasons and he could quite possibly end up with a sixth man award if he keeps developing the way he has.

Demar vs.Sonny is a joke, Demar has become a better player in every way at this point.
                              No he hasn't. Weems is a better defender (especially when he's defending SGs), 3pt shooter, can run the fast break better and faster (I think?).

Comment

Working...
                              X