Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 34

Thread: Everything but twins

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Everything but twins

    Ed or Amir?

    Both have the exact same game. Hustle players who will block and rebound. No offensive games.

    Demar or Sonny?

    Both have the exact same game. Athletic players who are good jump shooters.

    Who would you keep?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You keep both Ed and Amir. Eventually Davis will start and have Amir as the first big off the bench. He'd be a fantastic bench player. As for their offensive game, both of them may not score a lot of points, but both are highly efficient offensive players. Those are the types of bigs you want on contenders.

    As for DeMar or Sonny, I assume that's a joke, right?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Demar and sonny? your kidding right? there is nothing alike about them. Sonny turns the ball over a million times a game and demars jumpshot is wayy better than sonny's.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    Demar and sonny? your kidding right? there is nothing alike about them. Sonny turns the ball over a million times a game and demars jumpshot is wayy better than sonny's.
    broo where u beeen?

    You should know by now...

    they dont call sonny MONEY for nutting...

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You keep both Ed and Amir. Eventually Davis will start and have Amir as the first big off the bench. He'd be a fantastic bench player. As for their offensive game, both of them may not score a lot of points, but both are highly efficient offensive players. Those are the types of bigs you want on contenders.
    I don't think Amir would be to thrilled backing up a rookie. Amir has paid his dues won his championship and been in the league 100 years. Having said all this there basically the same age. Plus Amir has the "contract" how do you justify Ed starting and Amir coming off the bench.

    As for DeMar or Sonny, I assume that's a joke, right?
    12 Nov 2010... Were all witnesses...

    Sonny MONEY Weems biggest money shot of the year. Book it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jktmptYI8E
    Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Tue Mar 29th, 2011 at 11:51 PM.

  6. #6
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    Demar and sonny? your kidding right? there is nothing alike about them. Sonny turns the ball over a million times a game and demars jumpshot is wayy better than sonny's.
    Sonny's mid range game isn't that bad and his 3pt is a billion Xs better then Demar. Demar has turnover probs as well...
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Mar 30th, 2011 at 12:02 AM.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Sonny's mid range game isn't that bad and he's 3pt is a billion Xs better then Demar. Demar has turnover probs as well...
    Yea eh...

    Sonny's also got better handles with the basketball he's good at going coast to coast...

  8. #8
    Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Also just wondering is Ed injury prone?.. just something to ponder going forward.

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    I don't think Amir would be to thrilled backing up a rookie. Amir has paid his dues won his championship and been in the league 100 years. Having said all this there basically the same age. Plus Amir has the "contract" how do you justify Ed starting and Amir coming off the bench.
    Davis won't be a rookie, anymore. And Amir is a team player. Always has been. He'll still get his minutes, but Amir knows that Davis will probably eventually start. And Amir is being paid less than the average salary. In other words, it's not a stretch for a guy like that to be coming off the bench.

    Besides, maybe Amir starts and Davis comes off the bench. It doesn't matter. The point is it's not as if having one makes the other one redundant. Both players play good, solid basketball on both ends and do the little things. It was kind of like when Antonio Davis was backing up Dale Davis in Indiana. They made a good 1-2 punch. Antonio would come in off the bench for either Smits or Dale. This notion that one of them has to go is a little ridiculous, quite frankly. They can both play together and are the types of big men you want on a contender. You keep them.

    Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    12 Nov 2010... Were all witnesses...

    Sonny MONEY Weems biggest money shot of the year. Book it.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jktmptYI8E
    I like Weems, but I'm not sure what one clip does. DeRozan is obviously the better player. And no one hits the shot of the year in November.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  10. #10
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    Also just wondering is Ed injury prone?.. just something to ponder going forward.
    No.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  11. #11
    Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Davis won't be a rookie, anymore. And Amir is a team player. Always has been. He'll still get his minutes, but Amir knows that Davis will probably eventually start. And Amir is being paid less than the average salary. In other words, it's not a stretch for a guy like that to be coming off the bench.
    Amir came out of highschool and has been a complete project until essentially last year. He's been our starter all year so I highly doubt he'd be a team player about handing off his starting role to a second year player after he had to pay his dues for many years.

    Besides, maybe Amir starts and Davis comes off the bench. It doesn't matter. The point is it's not as if having one makes the other one redundant. Both players play good, solid basketball on both ends and do the little things. It was kind of like when Antonio Davis was backing up Dale Davis in Indiana. They made a good 1-2 punch. Antonio would come in off the bench for either Smits or Dale.
    Don't know how successful Indiana has been with either of those combination of bigs. Did they ever win a championship? However I do know Lakers have had success with a BIG lineup. Bynum Gasol and Odom. I invision raptors getting a defensive center ancor to play alongside Bargs at the 4... and either Ed or Amir playing the role of an Odom without the ball skills obviously.


    This notion that one of them has to go is a little ridiculous, quite frankly. They can both play together and are the types of big men you want on a contender. You keep them.
    If they can prove to play well together then you can possibly play them interchangably as backup center and powerforward maybe? I just don't see how this will work. Teams will have a field day playing zone defense with those two on the floor.



    I like Weems, but I'm not sure what one clip does. DeRozan is obviously the better player. And no one hits the shot of the year in November.
    sad but true biggest shot of year in november. guess it was a november to rememeber.
    Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Wed Mar 30th, 2011 at 12:50 AM.

  12. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star hateslosing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Brunswick
    Posts
    1,524
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Amir will come off the bench if the coaches tell him to, and he'll be happy about it because he wants to win and in the end the coach knows better than him what will make this team win. Amir will be our first big off the bench for the next few seasons and he could quite possibly end up with a sixth man award if he keeps developing the way he has.

    Demar vs.Sonny is a joke, Demar has become a better player in every way at this point.
    "When Life gives you lemons, you clone those Lemons to make super lemons!"
    -Scudworth

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    Amir came out of highschool and has been a complete project until essentially last year. He's been our starter all year so I highly doubt he'd be a team player about handing off his starting role to a second year player after he had to pay his dues for many years.
    And you're basing this on.....

    Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    Don't know how successful Indiana has been with either of those combination of bigs. Did they ever win a championship? However I do know Lakers have had success with a BIG lineup. Bynum Gasol and Odom. I invision raptors getting a defensive center ancor to play alongside Bargs at the 4... and either Ed or Amir playing the role of an Odom without the ball skills obviously.
    They won 58 games and went to the Eastern Conference Finals two years in a row. I'd say they did pretty damn well. And that was without a true superstar on the team.

    I'm curious why you don't think a team would be successful with two active big men, who defend, rebound and are very efficient on the offensive end, as your two PFs, but why you think a team with a defensive liability at the 4 can advance far in the playoffs.

    And in 2 years, there's no way Bargnani starts ahead of Ed Davis. Bargnani's far too one dimensional and Davis is already more well rounded than him.

    Quote DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
    If they can prove to play well together then you can possibly play them interchangably as backup center and powerforward maybe? I just don't see how this will work. Teams will have a field day playing zone defense with those two on the floor.
    Why? Because teams have a field day playing zone against teams like Orlando, Oklahoma, Chicago and Denver? You don't need your big men to be able to hit the outside jumper to beat a zone. I'm not sure where you get that from. Besides, the notion that Amir is a poor offensive player is a complete myth. He's become a good shooter from 15 feet, and should continue to improve. And there's no reason to believe Davis won't be able to improve his jumpshot too.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The Raptors should keep both Amir and Davis. Having a duo like that at the 4 can win us games. Weems is the player I dislike the most on this team. I like Alabi more.

  15. #15
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote hateslosing wrote: View Post
    Amir will come off the bench if the coaches tell him to, and he'll be happy about it because he wants to win and in the end the coach knows better than him what will make this team win. Amir will be our first big off the bench for the next few seasons and he could quite possibly end up with a sixth man award if he keeps developing the way he has.

    Demar vs.Sonny is a joke, Demar has become a better player in every way at this point.
    No he hasn't. Weems is a better defender (especially when he's defending SGs), 3pt shooter, can run the fast break better and faster (I think?).

  16. #16
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    No he hasn't. Weems is a better defender (especially when he's defending SGs), 3pt shooter, can run the fast break better and faster (I think?).
    DeMar is a better defender, better shooter, better athlete, younger, better teammate, quicker. And Weems can't hit the three, or the free-shot. Seriously, saying Weems is a better player than DeRozan is like saying DeAndre Jordan is better than Dwight Howard.

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic All-Star WJF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Posts
    1,481
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    As for the Ed and Amir debate and who starts....It is not who starts the game but who finishes it.

    Ed has the potential to fill out and add another 20 pounds, if that happens they can play minutes together during games without a problem.

    DeMar is clearly the keeper between him and Weems. You can see it in in the feel for the game.

  18. #18
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,752
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    DeMar is a better defender, better shooter, better athlete, younger, better teammate, quicker. And Weems can't hit the three, or the free-shot. Seriously, saying Weems is a better player than DeRozan is like saying DeAndre Jordan is better than Dwight Howard.
    No he's not, he can't hit 3s to save his life; Weems 27% Demar 8% (or something). Weems is a better defender, you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Weems is a great teammate. Demar is a "better athlete" but not by a lot. I think Weems is faster then Demar and has a better handle.

  19. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    1,799
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    No he's not, he can't hit 3s to save his life and Weems is a better defender, you're fooling yourself if you think otherwise. Weems is a great teammate. Demar is a "better athlete" but not by a lot. I think Weems is faster then Demar and has a better handle.
    They both can't hit the three to save their lives, but DeMar can drive and get the contact. Weems not so much. Weems is a horrid defender, DeRozan isn't that good either but at least he has flashes. Great teammate? Really? I don't even know what to say, do you watch Raptor games? I haven't seen a role player as selfish as Weems in a while, when he started he was like an untalented J.R Smith. And DeMar is one of the fastest guards in the NBA.

  20. #20
    Raptors Republic Starter DunkinDerozan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    341
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    DeMar is a better defender, better shooter, better athlete, younger, better teammate, quicker. And Weems can't hit the three, or the free-shot. Seriously, saying Weems is a better player than DeRozan is like saying DeAndre Jordan is better than Dwight Howard.
    If you think about it weems is a second year player as well. Only difference Demar has been spoon fed, while Weems has been on a short leash. The reality is they got very similar skills. One may be slightly better in one area and vice versa. But right now when it comes down to it there both highflying shootguards who can hit the j. Only Demar is playing the larger role because we seem his as our future. Personally I like Demar's jumper over weems as well as his ability to draw the foul. I think Weems has more well rounded game he's better in open court and finishing around the rim. Unfortuantly he hasn't had the time to showcase himself. If he's let go IMO he'll be a solid pro in this league.

    Deandre and Dwight Really? Based on current and past performance as starters in this league I don't think anyone would question Dwight is by far the better player and furthermore they are completly different types of players. Whereas Weems and Demar have very similar games one is just a bench player the other a starter. One is allowed to play through his mistakes the other burried for his mistakes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •