Amir Johnson, a Raptor with " Most Positive Impact"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    So, you completely disagree with Wayne Winston, then? If you think Amir Johnson is a scrub, then obviously you disagree with Wayne Winston's adjusted +/- rating, because those stats say that Amir should have been an All-Star. Amir, by the way, has the highest PER on the roster, the highest Win Share, the highest net production and best net on/offcourt rating of any rotational player on the Raptors. If Amir is a scrub, then I'm pretty sure the rest of the team should be in the D-League.
    Wayne Winston's analysis is based on Amir this year, coming off the bench.

I will give you this, he is an ALL STAR bench player. Meaning, not good enuff to start.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
      Wayne Winston's analysis is based on Amir this year, coming off the bench.

I will give you this, he is an ALL STAR bench player. Meaning, not good enuff to start.
      No, it was based on his play, period. Amir was a regular starter after 17 games, and was listed as one of Wayne Winston's All-Stars halfway through the season. Either you disagree with Wayne Winston, or you believe that Amir is a good player. WHich one is it?
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Not to interrupt or anything, but it was you Multipaul, who created the thread saying NOT to blame Amir, according to Winston.
        As shown here.

That is all I have to add to this conversation. I've stated my opinion.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Not to interrupt or anything, but it was you Multipaul, who created the thread saying NOT to blame Amir, according to Winston.
          As shown here.

That is all I have to add to this conversation. I've stated my opinion.
          lol.. leave it to joey to throw a wrench in the middle of their sword fight

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            No, it was based on his play, period. Amir was a regular starter after 17 games, and was listed as one of Wayne Winston's All-Stars halfway through the season. Either you disagree with Wayne Winston, or you believe that Amir is a good player. WHich one is it?
            Winston's analysis of Amir was based on a blend of off the bench and starters minutes.

If Amir earns the right to start next year, which based on his contract he should,but based on reality and skill level, will not, we will see if Wayne thinks he is an all star.

If he strictly comes off the bench, then he will continue to meet winston's criteria for all star type player.

Comment

Bwo4l

Comment

This is Bargs' world, we jus livin in it

Comment

thats why when he doesnt play raptors cant win its Bargs World.

Comment

The guys tried hard tonight, but without the King, they couldnt conquer.
                    I await Tim W's reply to why we lost tonight, since he feels Bargs' offense is a detriment to our team.
                    I'm sure it will read: "Amir played hurt so even though we lost that's cool, BARGS SUCKS"

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                      The guys tried hard tonight, but without the King, they couldnt conquer.
                      I await Tim W's reply to why we lost tonight, since he feels Bargs' offense is a detriment to our team.
                      I'm sure it will read: "Amir played hurt so even though we lost that's cool, BARGS SUCKS"
                      eventhough we got outrebounded and gave up 111 points while chichago was missing there best rebounder its cool you know why???? Cuz Bargs just stands around shows no effort and is a complete defensive liability

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                        eventhough we got outrebounded and gave up 111 points while chichago was missing there best rebounder its cool you know why???? Cuz Bargs just stands around shows no effort and is a complete defensive liability
                        LMFAO..or this

"It's Bargs' fault we lost the game- did you see him on the bench? he sholdve been more of a leader from the sidelines"

Comment

Winston's analysis of Amir was based on a blend of off the bench and starters minutes.

If Amir earns the right to start next year, which based on his contract he should,but based on reality and skill level, will not, we will see if Wayne thinks he is an all star.

If he strictly comes off the bench, then he will continue to meet winston's criteria for all star type player.
                          This has nothing to do with anything. Minutes are minutes. Winston doesn't adjust the effectiveness of those minutes based on whether you started or came off the bench, and you KNOW that Multipaul. I don't get why you're doing this.

I quote you from the first post in that very thread "When Amir Johnson is in Raptors are 1 point worse than average. When he is out 11 points worse than average." That doesn't state 'when Amir is in off the bench. Minutes are minutes, man, and Amir has shown to be effective when at full health.

Comment

LMFAO..or this

"It's Bargs' fault we lost the game- did you see him on the bench? he sholdve been more of a leader from the sidelines"
                            hahaha or...

Chris Webber has ball time is winding down... Dribbles up court ... "WTF ARE YOU SEROIOS WE DIDNT HAVE ANY TIEMOUTS LEFT" Yo I swear I saw Bargs standing at the end of the bench signaling for a timeout.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              This has nothing to do with anything. Minutes are minutes. Winston doesn't adjust the effectiveness of those minutes based on whether you started or came off the bench, and you KNOW that Multipaul. I don't get why you're doing this.

I quote you from the first post in that very thread "When Amir Johnson is in Raptors are 1 point worse than average. When he is out 11 points worse than average." That doesn't state 'when Amir is in off the bench. Minutes are minutes, man, and Amir has shown to be effective when at full health.
                              Minutes ARE NOT minutes my friend. Take into consideration the age old TJ / Jose PG battle, who plays better starting/coming off the bench. Amir's minutes as a bench player in the earlier part of the season, behind Reg, were better. Largely because he was playing against other BENCH PLAYERS, where he excelled. As I said, as a bench player, he is very gifted.

As a starter, against STARTERS, his #'s arent as good. For good reason. Posibly injury, possibly poor skills.

If Winston applied a weighted average, did a regression analysis, or simply isolated the 2 components of the season, ie, off the bench vs starting, the off the bench all star rating would be there, the starting all star status would not. The blend of the two still allowed for the all star ranking, as amir is damn good off the bench playing against the other teams scrubs.

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                                hahaha or...

Chris Webber has ball time is winding down... Dribbles up court ... "WTF ARE YOU SEROIOS WE DIDNT HAVE ANY TIEMOUTS LEFT" Yo I swear I saw Bargs standing at the end of the bench signaling for a timeout.
                                LMFAO!!!! HAHAHHAA. then Jalen Rose runs out and says "and Bargs is an uncle tom! I hate him!"

Comment

Working...
                                X