Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors Climbing The Inverted Standings

Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors Climbing The Inverted Standings

Standings

As you can see the Raptors have been taking their mediocrity up a notch as of late going off on a five game streak. Can they stink enough to hold the distinction of 4th worst team in the league? Hard to say at this point but with the "surging" Nets on a four game streak of their own this may go down to the wire.

Post Thanks / Like

Woooo

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I am guarded that all this means is that it is worth just a few more pong balls with possibilities of a higher pick (or lower). I still remember that poker look on Nets owner's face when they fell from 1st to 3rd....ouch...

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

With the schedules remaining, it even looks probable that Washington may be passing the Raptors as well. Currently Washington sits only two games back of the Raptors, each with 8 games remaining:

Toronto:

Chicago
    Orlando
    NY Knicks
    Cleveland
    Philadelphia
    New Jersey
    Milwaukee
    Miami

Washington:

Cleveland
    Charlotte
    Detroit
    Indiana
    Boston
    Atlanta
    Boston
    Cleveland

Toronto has a few games in there that may be toss-ups (Indiana, Milwaukee) but are still not looking like the strongest odds with how we are playing currently. We also have one game against Cleveland which, although they have been playing a bit better lately, it is resonable to hope for a win.

Washington on the other hand has two games against Cleveland (reasonable hope to win both) and toss ups with Charlotte, Detroit, and Indiana (which Pacer team will show up?).

Depends on what happens in those games, Washington could pass Toronto as well.

Post Thanks / Like

Why hadn't Amir been shut down? He clearly has a significant injury.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Why hadn't Amir been shut down? He clearly has a significant injury.
    Because Triano is still trying to win every game possible - to the detriment of player development.

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I've never been more thrilled!
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    Because Triano is still trying to win every game possible - to the detriment of player development.
    Players aren't the only people in basketball who feel the pressures involved with a "contract year".

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Whats truly wicked about this situation is that if you look at the bottom tier teams, particularly the Wolves and Nets and Kings; is that they all have good point guards, which could mean each one of them could possibly pass on Kyrie Irving who I think could be our savior. Lets just hope we get the higher pick over Cleveland.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, literally the only team is Cleveland and they could still take Barnes or Williams and take Knight or Kemba with the clippers pick. I like our chances at getting Irving.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

If the Wolves get a higher selection then us, I think they will take Irving, which could mean us getting Rubio in a trade. This wouldn't be the greatest scenario, but I definately don't think Rubio would be opposed to playing behind his fellow country mate Calderon for a year. I would say this is the second best scenario.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    If the Wolves get a higher selection then us, I think they will take Irving, which could mean us getting Rubio in a trade. This wouldn't be the greatest scenario, but I definately don't think Rubio would be opposed to playing behind his fellow country mate Calderon for a year. I would say this is the second best scenario.
    The Kings have been looking for a true PG to play with Evans. If they end up in a position to take Irving, they will. As would Minnesota. And Rubio being dealt to Toronto isn't even close to being a slam dunk. We'd have to pay a hefty sum just to get the rights to the guy.

Raptors Republic Starter b2kelly's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The title of this thread is hilarious

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

history has shown us, minnesota can NEVER have too many point guards.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    The Kings have been looking for a true PG to play with Evans. If they end up in a position to take Irving, they will. As would Minnesota. And Rubio being dealt to Toronto isn't even close to being a slam dunk. We'd have to pay a hefty sum just to get the rights to the guy.
    Did I say it was a slam dunk? I said it was a great second option. I know the Raptors wouldn't mind paying for the rights of Rubio, he's going to be an star. I agree with you about the Kings, although I could see them going after a guy like Williams.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    history has shown us, minnesota can NEVER have too many point guards.
    Haha good point. They are such a shit show

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Cleveland and Sacramento I think would both be likely to take Irving. Minnesota and Washington in my opinion are both unlikely to take him. Given how it's Cleveland, Minnesota, Washington, Toronto, Sacramento, the chances are decent the Raps will have a shot at him, whether it's through Irving falling a spot or two, or Toronto moving up a spot or two.

Post Thanks / Like

I don't see sac taking Irving simply because Evans needs the ball in his hands to be effective. It'd be like paring Chris Paul with Lebron. They'd be better of getting a Knight or Burks. I don't see 'sota taking him either since the big deal Khan made about Rubio being so great. GM's don't like admitting they're wrong. ESPECIALLY when rubio just said he'd like to play in the NBA this year.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope we're 4th worst team, I have a hunch that the 4th worst team will win the lotto.

Post Thanks / Like

Did I say it was a slam dunk? I said it was a great second option. I know the Raptors wouldn't mind paying for the rights of Rubio, he's going to be an star. I agree with you about the Kings, although I could see them going after a guy like Williams.
    Did you say it was a slam dunk? No, I'm just saying that it's not a slam dunk. If there's a scenario by where Minnesota selects Irving, it doesn't mean we're gonna get Rubio. A lot of teams out there would like to have a kid like Rubio on their team..and would pay through the nose to get him. Minnesota's gonna want a lot.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information