Raptors Climbing The Inverted Standings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heinz57 wrote: View Post
    history has shown us, minnesota can NEVER have too many point guards.
    Haha good point. They are such a shit show

Comment

Cleveland and Sacramento I think would both be likely to take Irving. Minnesota and Washington in my opinion are both unlikely to take him. Given how it's Cleveland, Minnesota, Washington, Toronto, Sacramento, the chances are decent the Raps will have a shot at him, whether it's through Irving falling a spot or two, or Toronto moving up a spot or two.

Comment

I don't see sac taking Irving simply because Evans needs the ball in his hands to be effective. It'd be like paring Chris Paul with Lebron. They'd be better of getting a Knight or Burks. I don't see 'sota taking him either since the big deal Khan made about Rubio being so great. GM's don't like admitting they're wrong. ESPECIALLY when rubio just said he'd like to play in the NBA this year.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I hope we're 4th worst team, I have a hunch that the 4th worst team will win the lotto.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
            Did I say it was a slam dunk? I said it was a great second option. I know the Raptors wouldn't mind paying for the rights of Rubio, he's going to be an star. I agree with you about the Kings, although I could see them going after a guy like Williams.
            Did you say it was a slam dunk? No, I'm just saying that it's not a slam dunk. If there's a scenario by where Minnesota selects Irving, it doesn't mean we're gonna get Rubio. A lot of teams out there would like to have a kid like Rubio on their team..and would pay through the nose to get him. Minnesota's gonna want a lot.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              The Kings have been looking for a true PG to play with Evans. If they end up in a position to take Irving, they will. As would Minnesota. And Rubio being dealt to Toronto isn't even close to being a slam dunk. We'd have to pay a hefty sum just to get the rights to the guy.
              Rubio's family have expressed to the Wolves that he wants to play for them next season.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                I am guarded that all this means is that it is worth just a few more pong balls with possibilities of a higher pick (or lower). I still remember that poker look on Nets owner's face when they fell from 1st to 3rd....ouch...
                Remember Colangelo's when they went from 5 to 1? lol

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  The Kings have been looking for a true PG to play with Evans. If they end up in a position to take Irving, they will. As would Minnesota. And Rubio being dealt to Toronto isn't even close to being a slam dunk. We'd have to pay a hefty sum just to get the rights to the guy.
                  The Kings big issue now is they have two guys at SG who are playing very well - Thorton has been scoring over 22 ppg since starting. Now Evans is back from injury. If the Kings re-sign Thorton this creates a 'pickle' for them at the SG unless Thorton is happy to come off the bench.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Standings

As you can see the Raptors have been taking their mediocrity up a notch as of late going off on a five game streak. Can they stink enough to hold the distinction of 4th worst team in the league? Hard to say at this point but with the "surging" Nets on a four game streak of their own this may go down to the wire.
                    Haha. Embrace the tank. Another way to state it is that we are 5th "underall" in striking distance of 4th underall.

Comment

Naw, they're 4th. Don't get me wrong, I am not gitty about them stinking and I am not praying for more lotto balls it's just that at some point you have to have a sense of humor about this stuff.

Comment

Naw, they're 4th. Don't get me wrong, I am not gitty about them stinking and I am not praying for more lotto balls it's just that at some point you have to have a sense of humor about this stuff.
                        Then you are not a true fan!

If it wasn't for math and losing they would totally be in the playoffs - and they'd probably win.

It is not funny, Apollo.

Comment

LOOOL, Couple of more games of " Hurt" Amir in starting line up and we might even become the third worst team

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Then you are not a true fan!

If it wasn't for math and losing they would totally be in the playoffs - and they'd probably win.
                            That made me laugh.
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I think the Raptors will have a good shot at Irving. Sacramento is playing very well and will pass them. Washington might pass them too based on the schedules each has. Of the Raptors 8 games remaining: 5 are against playoff teams, 1 is against a Bucks team that will probably still be in a playoff hunt, and 2 are against the Nets/Cavs. I think they'll only win the Cleveland game and lose the rest. Come draft time, the Cavs and Kings would definitely take Irving. Washington won't since they have Wall. The wildcard is Minnesota. I don't think they'll take Irving. Instead, I think Rubio is going to play for them next year. I see Minnesota taking Williams, Jones, or Barnes and teaming one of them with Love. If we get Irving, I think the rebuild really picks up. Calderon will be traded, likely for a SF or defensive centre. Then, BC will sign or trade for whatever Calderon fails to bring back in a trade. I would love to see Marc Gasol here but I can't see Memphis letting him go. So, perhaps we can make a push for Tyson Chandler via free agency. He'd be a perfect fit. Then, if we could get a SF who can simply shoot the 3 (maybe Gallineri), we'd be building a pretty nice young team. Keep your fingers crossed.

Comment

i swear to fckin god if we win the lottery, i'm going to scream like a school girl. But if we win the lottery and don't choose irving or D will i'm going to be angry.

Comment

Working...
                                X