Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Raptors Climbing The Inverted Standings

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    The Kings have been looking for a true PG to play with Evans. If they end up in a position to take Irving, they will. As would Minnesota. And Rubio being dealt to Toronto isn't even close to being a slam dunk. We'd have to pay a hefty sum just to get the rights to the guy.
    Rubio's family have expressed to the Wolves that he wants to play for them next season.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    I am guarded that all this means is that it is worth just a few more pong balls with possibilities of a higher pick (or lower). I still remember that poker look on Nets owner's face when they fell from 1st to 3rd....ouch...
    Remember Colangelo's when they went from 5 to 1? lol

Post Thanks / Like

The Kings have been looking for a true PG to play with Evans. If they end up in a position to take Irving, they will. As would Minnesota. And Rubio being dealt to Toronto isn't even close to being a slam dunk. We'd have to pay a hefty sum just to get the rights to the guy.
    The Kings big issue now is they have two guys at SG who are playing very well - Thorton has been scoring over 22 ppg since starting. Now Evans is back from injury. If the Kings re-sign Thorton this creates a 'pickle' for them at the SG unless Thorton is happy to come off the bench.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Standings

As you can see the Raptors have been taking their mediocrity up a notch as of late going off on a five game streak. Can they stink enough to hold the distinction of 4th worst team in the league? Hard to say at this point but with the "surging" Nets on a four game streak of their own this may go down to the wire.
    Haha. Embrace the tank. Another way to state it is that we are 5th "underall" in striking distance of 4th underall.

Post Thanks / Like

Naw, they're 4th. Don't get me wrong, I am not gitty about them stinking and I am not praying for more lotto balls it's just that at some point you have to have a sense of humor about this stuff.

Post Thanks / Like

Naw, they're 4th. Don't get me wrong, I am not gitty about them stinking and I am not praying for more lotto balls it's just that at some point you have to have a sense of humor about this stuff.
    Then you are not a true fan!

If it wasn't for math and losing they would totally be in the playoffs - and they'd probably win.

It is not funny, Apollo.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

LOOOL, Couple of more games of " Hurt" Amir in starting line up and we might even become the third worst team

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

If it wasn't for math and losing they would totally be in the playoffs - and they'd probably win.
    That made me laugh.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Raptors will have a good shot at Irving. Sacramento is playing very well and will pass them. Washington might pass them too based on the schedules each has. Of the Raptors 8 games remaining: 5 are against playoff teams, 1 is against a Bucks team that will probably still be in a playoff hunt, and 2 are against the Nets/Cavs. I think they'll only win the Cleveland game and lose the rest. Come draft time, the Cavs and Kings would definitely take Irving. Washington won't since they have Wall. The wildcard is Minnesota. I don't think they'll take Irving. Instead, I think Rubio is going to play for them next year. I see Minnesota taking Williams, Jones, or Barnes and teaming one of them with Love. If we get Irving, I think the rebuild really picks up. Calderon will be traded, likely for a SF or defensive centre. Then, BC will sign or trade for whatever Calderon fails to bring back in a trade. I would love to see Marc Gasol here but I can't see Memphis letting him go. So, perhaps we can make a push for Tyson Chandler via free agency. He'd be a perfect fit. Then, if we could get a SF who can simply shoot the 3 (maybe Gallineri), we'd be building a pretty nice young team. Keep your fingers crossed.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i swear to fckin god if we win the lottery, i'm going to scream like a school girl. But if we win the lottery and don't choose irving or D will i'm going to be angry.

Post Thanks / Like

It is not funny, Apollo.
    Ha, ha, that's an airtight case.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote jd4 wrote: View Post
    I think the Raptors will have a good shot at Irving. Sacramento is playing very well and will pass them. Washington might pass them too based on the schedules each has. Of the Raptors 8 games remaining: 5 are against playoff teams, 1 is against a Bucks team that will probably still be in a playoff hunt, and 2 are against the Nets/Cavs. I think they'll only win the Cleveland game and lose the rest. Come draft time, the Cavs and Kings would definitely take Irving. Washington won't since they have Wall. The wildcard is Minnesota. I don't think they'll take Irving. Instead, I think Rubio is going to play for them next year. I see Minnesota taking Williams, Jones, or Barnes and teaming one of them with Love. If we get Irving, I think the rebuild really picks up. Calderon will be traded, likely for a SF or defensive centre. Then, BC will sign or trade for whatever Calderon fails to bring back in a trade. I would love to see Marc Gasol here but I can't see Memphis letting him go. So, perhaps we can make a push for Tyson Chandler via free agency. He'd be a perfect fit. Then, if we could get a SF who can simply shoot the 3 (maybe Gallineri), we'd be building a pretty nice young team. Keep your fingers crossed.
    I've read a few places that SAC is thinking Irving, Thorton, and Evans as PG, SG, SF. That would certainly be interesting on offense but defensively they'd be very small at the SG and SF.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Will The Knicks Put A Stop To The Raptors' Siege On 3rd Worst Spot In The League?

Washington continues it's recent "struggles", winners of two straight, and now have the Raptors knocking on the door to "greater" mediocrity as they are just one game back of 3rd worst team in the league. They hope to tie the Wiz tonight but Amare and the Knicks may have something to say about that:

"The plan was to make the playoffs," said forward Amare Stoudemire
    "It's mission accomplished"
    Source: ESPN.com

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol the knicks will throw a game just to mess with our odds that would be sad.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you say it was a slam dunk? No, I'm just saying that it's not a slam dunk. If there's a scenario by where Minnesota selects Irving, it doesn't mean we're gonna get Rubio. A lot of teams out there would like to have a kid like Rubio on their team..and would pay through the nose to get him. Minnesota's gonna want a lot.
    Let's trade them Bargs + Filler for Rubio + Filler. Bargs needs to play next to a great rebounder.

Post Thanks / Like

Washington continues it's recent "struggles", winners of two straight, and now have the Raptors knocking on the door to "greater" mediocrity as they are just one game back of 3rd worst team in the league. They hope to tie the Wiz tonight but Amare and the Knicks may have something to say about that:
    How is third worst in the league and 21 wins mediocrity?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote duncan wrote: View Post
    Let's trade them Bargs + Filler for Rubio + Filler. Bargs needs to play next to a great rebounder.
    I suggested this trade over a year ago.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    How is third worst in the league and 21 wins mediocrity?
    I am of the opinion that a team finishing 3rd last with 21 wins is both inferior and poor when compared to most NBA teams. You don't agree with this?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote duncan wrote: View Post
    The only problem from MIN's perspective, in my opinion, is while Love is a great rebounder, he is not a good defender by any means.

Post Thanks / Like

The only problem from MIN's perspective, in my opinion, is while Love is a great rebounder, he is not a good defender by any means.
    Don't tell Kahn that!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information