Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: James Johnson Discussion

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

So now JJ is the next Michael Jordan?

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Continuing to SAY that AMir is overpaid, doesn't actually MAKE him overpaid. Especially when pretty much all the evidence says the opposite.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

I for one was never a fan of Weems and felt his future in the league would be as a 2 guard....if he even has a future. James Johnson on the other hand brings some nice things to the table at the small forward position, will the guy be a perennial starter, I don't know, could he be a good player of the bench for a winning team, sure. I would also feel more comfortable with him on the roster if we do draft a small forward...no need to throw a rookie to the wolves unnecessarily.

Post Thanks / Like

Kind of wish Triano had a longer leash with JJ. It's gotten kind of ridiculous how quick he gets yanked yet weems can take as many shady contested jumpers he wants. God I can't stand Triano.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    So now JJ is the next Michael Jordan?
    Not sure if anyone actually said that.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

JJ gets yanked mostly, due to foul trouble or wanting to put a better jump shooter in the game, not a big deal.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Both teams are lottery bound so it is not like starting in them means anything . For example, Anthony parker is starting for Cavs. So the fact that you have to go to them, means there is not many choices.

Look at the numbers for Cunningham and tell me do you think JJ can take his starting role away from him ?? Keep that in mind that Cunningham is putting up this number in a much better team.

Another really bad team with their star injured. There is no way WAS will start next season with guy like JJ as their starter !! They will only start him if their main option is in injured.

Maybe to you but not to HOU fans. Check out their sites and you can see if for yourself.

I will give you the Sac which again does not say much about how good JJ .

Again, Just looking at guys like Matt that can come out and so confidentially claim that our future SF position and starter should be JJ , a guy who could not get minute in Bulls, was sent to D-League and ... tells me I am correct about what I am saying.

If Raptors wants to compete with the best of them, they need to upgrade and stop paying scrubs and bench players the starters money and attention.

JJ can be solid bench player in a year or two if he keeps his motivation ( highly doubt it) and his weight ( highly doubt it) in check.

The Qustion that people should ask themselves when looking at guys like Amir and JJ is this:

Will Toronto Raptors make it deep in play offs in 2-3 years if JJ is starting SF and Amir is our starting PF or Center ? Can we make it with BOTH of these guys as our starter in 2 years ?
    You asked for five and were given five. Considering your response I think the question that should have been asked was name one all-star team, east or west, in the last 35 years JJ could have started on - lol.

I am starting to question your reading comprehension skills and the ability to retain information after the bolded section.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Apr 3rd, 2011 at 06:52 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Not sure if anyone actually said that.
    We don't hate on hardworking players but I , personally am against making a Michael Jordan from a player with low Basketball IQ and skill set.
    I love it when people make up points to argue against, to prove their weakass points.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    You asked for five and were given five. Considering your response I think the question that should have been asked was name one all-star team, east or west, in the last 35 years JJ could have started on - lol.

I am starting to question your reading comprehension skills and the ability to retain information after the bolded section.
    I feel the same way about you. I have a hard time to believe that you actually think the stuff you write makes sense. Think about it pal, being a starter at Cavs who have 14 wins, or Sac which has 17 wins does not mean you are legitimate STARTER in this league I am sure you get the point but are too stubborn to admit it

Post Thanks / Like

I feel the same way about you. I have a hard time to believe that you actually think the stuff you write makes sense. Think about it pal, being a starter at Cavs who have 14 wins, or Sac which has 17 wins does not mean you are legitimate STARTER in this league I am sure you get the point but are too stubborn to admit it
    hmmmmmmm... name five teams, did it. What more do you want.

If you wanted playoff teams you should have asked for it. None would have been the answer.

I would like to see a quote taken from anything I typed stating JJ is a legit starter in the league. Could he develop? Maybe, a big one at that, but given just turning 24 and 2nd year in league with little to no PT in first two years, it is not outside the realm of possibility with the right coach in the right system.

If you look back at my comments on the forum you'll see I have said numerous times the Raps have starters who should be backups, back ups who should be third string, and third strings who would struggle to stay in the league elsewhere.

Opinions are cool but when one presents opinions as fact, lack information to back up opinions, or make up statements to prove positions, credibility is lost and one gets relegated to the troll bin. You have a different perspective that is valued while maybe not agreed with - but that is why we are here. I hope you can stay rational enough to stay relevant in discussion.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

If you wanted playoff teams you should have asked for it. None would have been the answer.

I would like to see a quote taken from anything I typed stating JJ is a legit starter in the league. Could he develop? Maybe, a big one at that, but given just turning 24 and 2nd year in league with little to no PT in first two years, it is not outside the realm of possibility with the right coach in the right system.

If you look back at my comments on the forum you'll see I have said numerous times the Raps have starters who should be backups, back ups who should be third string, and third strings who would struggle to stay in the league elsewhere.

Opinions are cool but when one presents opinions as fact, lack information to back up opinions, or make up statements to prove positions, credibility is lost and one gets relegated to the troll bin. You have a different perspective that is valued while maybe not agreed with - but that is why we are here. I hope you can stay rational enough to stay relevant in discussion.
    There's a reason I put him on ignore.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

And I gave you the reasons why being a starter on this those does not mean anything and does not say anything about the quality of the player . But it seems like you can not see the simple logic here and hence enough time wasted on you. You can not teach a Chimpanzee how to fly an airplane despite breaking it down for him and making it very simple.

The rest of your post is pure non-sense not worth responding.
    Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Sun Apr 3rd, 2011 at 03:34 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Oh, Timmy, you put me on your ignore list because you simply did not have the basketball knowledge or the wit to have a debate with me. So you took the easy path and buried your head in the sand.

Post Thanks / Like

And I gave you the reasons why being a starter on this those does not mean anything and does not say anything about the quality of the player

The reasons why being a starter does not mean anything on those teams is not the question you originally asked.

Is the bolded section because there is logic and thought put in to the response without lowering myself to disrespectful comments or insinuations directed towards you because we have a difference of opinion?

The rest of my post is at the very heart of the thread. The fact you do not with to discuss opinions supported by facts means, to me, you do not wish to have rational discussions. In doing this it would appear, to me, you would much rather turn your attention from differing views and lose the possibility of enlightenment - which has happened to me here numerous times at RR - and stick with preconceived notions and opinions that are viewed as all or nothing, right or wrong, my way or the highway. That is cool if it is what you want but the conversations can get extremely lonely after a while.
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Apr 3rd, 2011 at 03:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, Timmy, you put me on your ignore list because you simply did not have the basketball knowledge or the wit to have a debate with me. So you took the easy path and buried your head in the sand.
    Pot meet kettle, kettle pot.

Matt52 wrote:
    Raptor4ever wrote:

in response to Matt52:

Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Apr 3rd, 2011 at 03:42 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that because there is logic and thought put in to the response without lowering myself to disrespectful comments or insinuations directed towards you because we have a difference of opinion?
    yah yah yah .....

You know you lost the debate and now are crying wolf that I disrespected you. You might want to add me to your ignore list like your Pal Timmy, believe me, life will be much easier when there is not someone who can point to fallacy of your logic in every step of the way. Ask your Pal Timmy and he will confirm.

But I have a little good news for you. I am off to Europe for 4 weeks in about 2 hours so will not be posting for the reminder of the season. So you and Timmy can keep drooling over Amir and JJ and bashing AB

Post Thanks / Like

yah yah yah .....

You know you lost the debate and now are crying wolf that I disrespected you. You might want to add me to your ignore list like your Pal Timmy, believe me, life will be much easier when there is not someone who can point to fallacy of your logic in every step of the way. Ask your Pal Timmy and he will confirm.

But I have a little good news for you. I am off to Europe for 4 weeks in about 2 hours so will not be posting for the reminder of the season. So you and Timmy can keep drooling over Amir and JJ and bashing AB
    We'll have to agree to disagree. Personally, I've felt no disrespect nor do I feel our discussion has enlightened me with an opposing view that might cause me to question my line of thinking or logic. If anything it only reaffirms.

Do not worry, I will not put you on ignore. I do read just about all posts from all posters in the Everything Raptors and Trade Proposal Forum.

Have a great trip to Europe and make sure you contact your credit card company to let them know you are going over there. There is nothing worse than booking out of your hotel and the credit card company has put a hold on your account.

Post Thanks / Like

Based on the fact this is his first real opportunity at playing, you could say he's having a better rookie year than DeMar did.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I ignored him too. So you're not the only one. And isn't life soo much grander?!
    I mean I still have to see how people respond to him, but at least I don't have to read it first hand.
    Last edited by Joey; Sun Apr 3rd, 2011 at 10:22 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    And if jumpshooting is what's holding him back, he should consider himself fortunate as it's probably the easiest skill to develop.

Those numbers are indeed solid.

Compare the numbers of James Johnson as a Raptor to Josh Smith's numbers in his second year:

Johnson in 26.5 minutes per game:
    8.7 points/.492% - 5.2 rebs - 2.5 asts - 1.4 blks - 1.1 stls

Smith in 32 minutes per game:
    11.3 points/.425% - 6.6 rebs - 2.4 asts - 2.6 blks - 0.8 stls

Given the minutes advantage Smith had over Johnson, those stats are actually fairly comparable. In fact, at quick glance, it looks like James Johnson's numbers are actually better than Smith's were.
    Jamario Moon's first season is eerily similar to James Johnson.

J.Moon (07-08)
    8.5 pts/.485% - 6.2 rebs - 1.2 asts - 1.4 blks - 1.0 stls

J. Johnson
    8.7 pts/.492% - 5.2 rebs - 2.5 asts - 1.4 blks - 1.1 stls

Basically, that's what JJ and J. Moon are. "Serviceable" 2nd-3rd tier wings, which is also one of the most common commodities to find in the NBA, especially recycled (see: Dorell Wright). The amount of fawning over JJ is probably more of an indication of the tremendous lack of talent on this year's Raptors squad, rather than any slight against JJ himself. Having said that, I do like his overall game, and would be pleasantly surprised and thrilled if he can take it to another level. He's decent bench player and a role player on a team with a couple of all-stars.
    Last edited by golden; Sun Apr 3rd, 2011 at 10:40 PM.

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information