Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bayless plays D, he's a rather average defender. Fighting poorly through screens hurts him a lot. Straight up, in iso situations he's excellent.

And the thread: Good idea, very poor execution.

Comment

CB4 wrote: View Post
      I'm pretty sure Bayless is one of our best defenders...
      ya he is, apollo probably just put him in there by accident.

Comment

I think this is a great idea for a thread because it will make it so easy to tell who the idiots are.

Comment

Bayless has had some very good defensive games, and has the potential to be a good defender, but I certainly wouldn't call him a good defender, at this point.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            No, what you said was flat out ignorant. There are lots of guys from Europe who know how to play defense. If you said the Raptors need to get rid of their poor defensive players and replace them with good defensive players then that would have been an intelligent comment but you didn't do that. You chose to discriminate against certain region in the world in your post when the European players on the team aren't the only issue. Last time I checked Weems, Bayless and Barbosa aren't from Europe. They don't play defense. Dilemma?
            Come on don't be so politically correct its ridiculous man... The Euros play soft basketball and don't defend, its the euro way!.. "If you said the Raptors need to get rid of their poor defensive players and replace them with good defensive players then that would have been an intelligent comment" - He did say that he said we have to get rid of the Euros..??>.. We need to blacken up our team! The blacker and more gangsta the better.

Comment

Blacken up our team!? WTF? We're not Cajun and our name is the Raptors not the Catfish.

I've been to Russia, and there isn't anything more frightening than roving gangs of Russian teen thugs. Maybe we should get some Russians on our team.
              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

b2kelly wrote: View Post
                Come on don't be so politically correct its ridiculous man... The Euros play soft basketball and don't defend, its the euro way!.. "If you said the Raptors need to get rid of their poor defensive players and replace them with good defensive players then that would have been an intelligent comment" - He did say that he said we have to get rid of the Euros..??>.. We need to blacken up our team! The blacker and more gangsta the better.
                You have got to be kidding me.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                  there is soo much wrong with you i'm not even going to bother.
                  Yes, it is very wrong for someone to not be ignorant and racist.

Comment

So to paraphrase the point of this thread... "I'm not racist, but the raptors need more darkies because they gots them athletic slave muscles"

Got it

Comment

wow.

Comment

RaptorDan wrote: View Post
                        I've been to Russia, and there isn't anything more frightening than roving gangs of Russian teen thugs.
                        yes there is. stiffing your bill at a strip joint in budapest, and getting chased down an alley by the hungarian mafia. MUCH scarier.

Comment

Compared top players on good defensive teams he's still nothing to write home about. In a game of one on one he no doubt would hold his own on D. This wasn't really meant to be the point. Fact of the matter is there are guys on this team who are not from Europe who aren't good defenders. There are lots of horrible defensive players throughout the league who aren't from Europe. My point is that thinking this stuff or saying stuff like this makes you no be better than those American media figure head who have engrained it into most American players that of all places, they need to stay away from playing in Canada because it's too cold or because of taxes or yada, yada. Give me a break.

Comment

There is so much wrong with this thread. It doesn't matter where people are from. If they're straight up ballers, it doesn't matter if they're from Germany, Estonia, Spain, Italy, Russia, Australia, Brazil, Burkina Faso..if they can ball, they can play for me.

Comment

If the Raptors had a guys like Sabonis and Divacs at center we would be talking about who we think they're playing in the second round.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                If the Raptors had a guys like Sabonis and Divacs at center we would be talking about who we think they're playing in the second round.
                                agreed 100%

Comment

Working...
                                X