Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raps Can Be a great team if.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    We obviously disagree here, but charges and blocks don't automatically mean a guy is a good defender. I think it's good that he's getting them, but it doesn't make him a good defender. It just means he has, two or three times a game, played good defense. Overall, it's consensus that he's a poor defender. He's an extremely poor help defender and below average man defender. It's hard to argue against that when pretty much all the advanced statistics backs up this opinion, as does the "eye test".

And the argument that it's simply the defensive scheme that makes him look bad only works if everyone else looks bad too. They don't. Both Amir and Davis look good and, especially Amir, have good defensive numbers.

Bargnani is an exceptional scorer, but trying to defend his defense is a losing battle.
    Nene is an exceptional scorer, he's poor defensively at centre (but rebounds well) but has one of the highest fg % in the league, nowitzki is an exceptional scorer, he takes his fair share of shots away from the basket but know's how to draw fouls when his shot isn't falling.......for a big man bargnani is NOT an exceptional scorer, and is worse than both those players defensively to boot.

Comment

pran wrote: View Post
      Nene is an exceptional scorer, he's poor defensively at centre (but rebounds well) but has one of the highest fg % in the league, nowitzki is an exceptional scorer, he takes his fair share of shots away from the basket but know's how to draw fouls when his shot isn't falling.......for a big man bargnani is NOT an exceptional scorer, and is worse than both those players defensively to boot.
      Nene is an effective scorer, but I certainly wouldn't call him an exceptional scorer. Amir is an effective scorer, as well, because he's so efficient. Bargnani isn't very efficient, but he can routinely score 20 ppg. I'll criticize him as much as anyone for his defense and rebounding, but he can definitely score. I don't think he's in the same category as guys like Dirk, but he can score.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
        Tried to threaten you? Haha, I don't think so pal. Your expecting a personal message to arrange a meeting? Time and place please.
        http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/ne...wreply&p=75759
        Ok, Paul, this thread was suppose to be Raptors can be a great team if......... how did this whole tread become about Bargs? You made it into a Bargs tread. And he did say "I can get more rebounds I'm just lazy sometimes."

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
          He didnt say "Im Lazy"...check the quote

why not defend a team and a player I like from haters.

Don't hate Stamenah, elevate!
          Bargnani is shit. His basketball iq is 0 just like your iq, his defence is shit my baby cousin can defend better then him, he has no emotion and he doesn't buy into the team concept. In short form, he is a joke to this franchise and belongs in the d league. So will you just be quiet and stop your love affair with bargnani.

Comment

Okay kids. Can we please stop with the personal attacks? Thanks.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
              Bargnani is shit. His basketball iq is 0 just like your iq, his defence is shit my baby cousin can defend better then him, he has no emotion and he doesn't buy into the team concept. In short form, he is a joke to this franchise and belongs in the d league. So will you just be quiet and stop your love affair with bargnani.
              He's entitled to like whoever he wants to on the team. There's no rule that states that he can't be a fan of Bargnani.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                Okay kids. Can we please stop with the personal attacks? Thanks.
                Thank you very much! However same goes to him also. I am allowed to say that the team is playing better without Bargnani. Time to move one to next post.

Comment

Working...
                X