Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Raps Can Be a great team if.............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Raps can be a great team if when the game is on the line they can come up with the big stops. As simple as that sounds it is the hardest thing to do because not only do you need guys that can play great D but you also need guys that aren't going to be whistled for phantom fouls by refs that have their own agenda. This team as it stands now can put out a defensive lineup that can keep them in the game [especially when Amir gets healthy] and with some continued improvement from DD they have an offense that is capable of generating some excitement in Raptorville.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
      The Raps can be a great team if when the game is on the line they can come up with the big stops. As simple as that sounds it is the hardest thing to do because not only do you need guys that can play great D but you also need guys that aren't going to be whistled for phantom fouls by refs that have their own agenda. This team as it stands now can put out a defensive lineup that can keep them in the game [especially when Amir gets healthy] and with some continued improvement from DD they have an offense that is capable of generating some excitement in Raptorville.
      The Raptors can be a decent team if they can do that. But to be a great team, you need to be able to make stops, hit shots and not make mistakes.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

The Raptors are rebuilding and can not be a great team in the near future. A more realistic view is that they become a competitive 7 or 8th seed team in the next 3-5 years.

Assuming that:

We draft well
        DD improves in year 3 as he did in year 2
        ED improves and stays here
        We add depth at every position except the 4

As much can go wrong with these requirements as can go right.

But hope springs eternal in this surely-win-the-stanley-cup-next-year sports town.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
          I haven't talked to a single person who thinks the Raptors should keep Bargnani. Give it up already.
          You are the same douche that tried to threaten me. Still never got that personal message to arrange our meeting.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
            The Raptors can be a decent team if they can do that. But to be a great team, you need to be able to make stops, hit shots and not make mistakes.
            Thanks for correcting me Tim. How could I have been so foolish to neglect to mention you need to score to be a great team. My mistake.
            Actually the toughest obstacle might be getting past Stern and his henchmen officials if he doesn't think NBA fans want you in the finals. Tell me how you overcome that.
            Last edited by j bean; Tue Apr 5, 2011, 01:27 PM.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
              Thanks for correcting me Tim. How could I have been so foolish to neglect to mention you need to score to be a great team. My mistake.
              You're forgiven. Glad I could help.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

this team can be great if....

1. Draft Perry Jones
                2. Trade Bargs and calderon for Nash and Gortat lol(wont happen but I would love to see it and it even works, http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6hmfvqd)
                3. Resign Reggie the rebound machine
                4. Bring back Triano. I know most of you dont like this idea but hear me out. This team work their asses off for this man except for 1 player and his name is Andrea Bargnani. When he isn't playing this team looks completely different. I want to see Jay back for one more season without Bargs and see what he can do. There is obviously a reason why Coach K asked him to be a coach on team USA and a reason why he is Nash's favourite coach. If it doesn't work out fire him mid season but I want to see what he can do with a lineup that's not the youngest in the NBA.

Comment

Selects87 wrote: View Post
                  1. Draft Perry Jones
                  2. Trade Bargs and calderon for Nash and Gortat lol(wont happen but I would love to see it and it even works, http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=6hmfvqd)
                  3. Resign Reggie the rebound machine
                  4. Bring back Triano. I know most of you dont like this idea but hear me out. This team work their asses off for this man except for 1 player and his name is Andrea Bargnani. When he isn't playing this team looks completely different. I want to see Jay back for one more season without Bargs and see what he can do. There is obviously a reason why Coach K asked him to be a coach on team USA and a reason why he is Nash's favourite coach. If it doesn't work out fire him mid season but I want to see what he can do with a lineup that's not the youngest in the NBA.
                  agree with everything but the nash and gortat. Its a bad idea to do that trade because we will only be good for a short term. we need to draft kanter and pick up some 3 point threats. And i too agree that JT needs one more season bargnani free.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                    Hahahahha, love how you added the Bargs comment, hence totally devaluing this post.

Funny how the Raps win one game without Bargs and now it's "We dont need Bargs"

That is what they call in medical science, a knee-jerk reaction

let me ask you, since you are talking about the way DD , Bayless, and Barbosa played , how come you think they play better without Bargs? Does that mean when Bargs plays they slack off? What kind of player would do that? Are they just lazy?
                    My only point about Bargs was just to let him know that he should always work his ass off as he is the #1 option on the team. I know that I wouldn't want to try my hardest if the #1 guys gets to, as he pointed out "Be too lazy to try hard" is just doing enough to get by.

Not hating on Bargs to be honest with you. Just a matter of fact.

Comment

Hahahahha, love how you added the Bargs comment, hence totally devaluing this post.

Funny how the Raps win one game without Bargs and now it's "We dont need Bargs"

That is what they call in medical science, a knee-jerk reaction

let me ask you, since you are talking about the way DD , Bayless, and Barbosa played , how come you think they play better without Bargs? Does that mean when Bargs plays they slack off? What kind of player would do that? Are they just lazy?
                      http://dinonationblog.blogspot.com/2...i-winning.html a post from one of our own raptors blogger from Diinonation.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                        My only point about Bargs was just to let him know that he should always work his ass off as he is the #1 option on the team. I know that I wouldn't want to try my hardest if the #1 guys gets to, as he pointed out "Be too lazy to try hard" is just doing enough to get by.

Not hating on Bargs to be honest with you. Just a matter of fact.
                        I will ask you what I asked another poster: is scoring 20-30 pts in the NBA easy, or can you be lazy and do it? does drawing charges, getting to the rim, pulling defenders out to the 3 easy? Can you be lazy to do it?

Bargs' D isnt great, but you cant call his game, as a whole, lazy, that is just nuts.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
                          http://dinonationblog.blogspot.com/2...i-winning.html a post from one of our own raptors blogger from Diinonation.
                          Borbath. I send him comments all the time, but he edits commetns and doestn post them.

BTW, have you seen him on raptors space? or read his blog? Dont be foolish stamenah, he is about as respected a journalist as you are .

Comment

You have a good point about the nash and gortat trade but in adding Nash and gortat you add vets with playoff experience. I am personally not willing to wait another year for them to win. I think adding those players would make them a serious contended in the east. Think about this starting lineup
                            1. Nash
                            2. Demar Derozan
                            3. James Johnson
                            4. Amir Johnson
                            5. Ed Davis

Bench
                            Reggie Evans
                            Sonny Weems
                            Barbosa
                            Kleiza
                            Gortat
                            Bayless
                            Perry Jones

Comment

Selects87 wrote: View Post
                              You have a good point about the nash and gortat trade but in adding Nash and gortat you add vets with playoff experience. I am personally not willing to wait another year for them to win. I think adding those players would make them a serious contended in the east. Think about this starting lineup
                              1. Nash
                              2. Demar Derozan
                              3. James Johnson
                              4. Amir Johnson
                              5. Ed Davis

Bench
                              Reggie Evans
                              Sonny Weems
                              Barbosa
                              Kleiza
                              Gortat
                              Bayless
                              Perry Jones
                              No offense, but that sounds like another lottery-ball roster to me buddy. You assume Barbosa will e here as well and Reggie and Weems???? Think again.

Comment

I will ask you what I asked another poster: is scoring 20-30 pts in the NBA easy, or can you be lazy and do it? does drawing charges, getting to the rim, pulling defenders out to the 3 easy? Can you be lazy to do it?

Bargs' D isnt great, but you cant call his game, as a whole, lazy, that is just nuts.
                                I agree with you, he isn't lazy he just doesn't know what he's going on the defensive end.

Comment

Working...
                                X