Ed Davis or Amir Johnson?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ed Davis or Amir Johnson?

A lot of us would like to see Andrea Bargnani gone at the start of next season. If it happens, As much as I like both of them, I don't think that Ed and Amir would be enough inside. I think we would need another big to go with them. Maybe we could get someone in the Bargnani trade. I have some questions for y'all...

1. Is Ed a center or a power forward?
    2. Do you see Amir coming of the bench for years or you think it's better for all that he gets traded?
    3. Would you draft a PF/C in this year draft?
    4. Do you think that the combination of Ed and Amir would be good enough in the starting five?
    5. Who do you think got more potential? Ed or Amir?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by charlesnba23; Mon Apr 4, 2011, 11:30 PM.

1. pf
    2. coming off the bench
    3. yes maybe enes kanter
    4. no they're both too slim to be banging with C's for a whole season
    5. ed davis
    Last edited by raptorsking; Mon Apr 4, 2011, 10:31 PM.

Comment

1. Ed's more of a 4. He can play the 5 in a pinch, but he shouldn't be a fixture there.
      2. Why would you trade a guy like Johnson unless it was some sort of sweetheart deal? In all liklihood, Amir will be coming off the bench next season.
      3. If we've got the #2 pick, Jonas Valanciunas would be my pick. If it's a top-5 pick and Valanciunas is gone, I'd take a lok at Kanter, but only if he was the BPA.
      4. For this season, they can both play together, but they shouldn't do it for long stretches. They're giving up too much girth, especially whoever's at the 5.
      5. Davis has already proved this season that he has more potential.

Comment

raptorsking wrote: View Post
        1. pf
        2. coming off the bench
        3. yes maybe enes kanter
        4. no they're both too slim to be banging with C's for a whole season
        Agree with most answers, I'd prefer taking a SF or PG in the draft though. Best player available really, and I don't see that being a PF or C for us.

As far as who has more potential, it has to be Davis. He's a rookie and is showing he's basically on par with or ahead of Amir in terms of talent(ahead imo).

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
          Agree with most answers, I'd prefer taking a SF or PG in the draft though. Best player available really, and I don't see that being a PF or C for us.

As far as who has more potential, it has to be Davis. He's a rookie and is showing he's basically on par with or ahead of Amir in terms of talent(ahead imo).
          preferably i'd want irving i just like kanter because he looks like he can score inside and is big enough to play C.. pg is more important but after that i'd think it's Center since we have james who is decent. but if barnes comes along i think we have to go best player available

Comment

Both Amir and Davis play the "right way". I see both of them as guys I can see being major contributors should the team eventually become a contender. They defend, rebound and score efficiently. You don't get rid of guys like that. THose are the types of guys you don't let go.

Ed is most definitely a PF, right now. He's just way too skinny to play the pivot. Maybe in a few years, when he fills out, but definitely not now.

I think Davis has more potential. He's already close to Amir, skill-wise, and he's a rookie.

I think the Raptors need to draft the best player available, not matter what position they play. When you win 21 games, you don't pick positions.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

1. PF but could play a C if he bulked up ( depending on whose on the roster)
              2. Amir will be comming off the bench for TO,( which is a really good thing)
              3.yes, depends whose comming out this year but im really high on Jonas valanciunas
              4. possibly down the road if they both bulk up and show good chemistry.
              5. Ed davis

Comment

What they said.

Comment

1. Power Forward
                  2. Amir will come off the bench.
                  3. If we trade Bargnani, yes. Otherwise no.
                  4. No, I think it would be a small lineup.
                  5. Davis.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                    1. Is Ed a center or a power forward?
                    2. Do you see Amir coming of the bench for years or you think it's better for all that he gets traded?
                    3. Would you draft a PF/C in this year draft?
                    4. Do you think that the combination of Ed and Amir would be good enough in the starting five?
                    5. Who do you think got more potential? Ed or Amir?
                    Thanks!
                    1. PF
                    2. Yes - he would be amazing off the bench.
                    3. C, absolutely. Valanciunas in a heart beat.
                    4. No.
                    5. Ed.
                    No problem.

Comment

Amir is a really good hustler and Ed is a beast, if they can co-exist together then so be it, but something arises and someone has to go, it has to be Amir. He is more seasoned and is reaching his prime in a couple years and playoff teams can use a player like him. Ed is the future of the PF position for Toronto, he needs to bulk up and work on his jumper, free throws and confidence and hes set.
                      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

I think I'd like to see Ed at the C and Amir at the PF, but we still need a true C.
                        The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                        Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                        www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                        http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

Ed and Amir are both PF. Ed has more upside and is a better defender and blocker.

Reality is if we luck out with a 1 or 2 draft pick, we r taking either Kyrie or Kemba.

So if King Bargs gets traded, it will have to include a defensive center or else we are screwed.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                            Ed and Amir are both PF. Ed has more upside and is a better defender and blocker.

Reality is if we luck out with a 1 or 2 draft pick, we r taking either Kyrie or Kemba.

So if King Bargs gets traded, it will have to include a defensive center or else we are screwed.
                            draft kanter and tough it out for next year... and we're already screwed with bargs at C

Comment

if we have a chance for kyrie or kemba we woudl be the laughin stocks of the nba if we pass on them

Comment

Working...
                              X