RR Community...Let BC do his Job!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    Yes...that's entirely possible. In which case, I'm an idiot.
    Or not, it was plugged in the post today again...was jokes the first time, irritating the second.

Comment

Funny but everytime this debate comes up it seems like there is a defence for all of Colangelo's moves that didn't pan out (which there are many). Instead of relying upon his accomplishments to bolster the argument for retaining him it's the typical "well respected around the league" (btw, how do you know? maybe other GM's laugh at him for all we know) "Bosh lied to him".... yadda yadda yadda.

Let go of the excuses and just focus on the accomplishments and what he's developed here. No vision, no team identity, weak coaching, and poor talent. I prefer to call it like I see it than try and find reasons as to why he hasn't done a good job in his current position. No one wants Barkley as GM of the Raps but I'd take just about any other GM that can start providing in those areas where BC clearly hasn't.

Comment

First it was T.J Ford's fault.
        Then it was Sam Mitchell's fault.
        Then it was Jermaine O'Neal's fault
        Then it was Hedo Turkoglu's fault.
        Now it's ???'s fault?

Colangelo had a reputation of what you described BEFORE he came here and when he was working with Colangelo Sr. in Phoenix (Embry or no Embry). Pretty sure his star has faded. I don't want him to continue with the rebuild because his free-agent signings and trades have all been either disasters or very so-so. I'm not going to judge him based on his reputation from Phoenix (like you are), I'm judging him based on what he's done for me over the last five years.

And Jay Triano is the perfect coach right now? Maybe so we can keep losing and get a high pick, that's about it. He hasn't been able to get good athletes, who I'm hold have good work ethic, to play decent defense for two years, that's not a sign of a motivator or a strong X's and O's coach.

Re: current roster. DeRozan, Johnson and Davis are in line to be rotational NBA players. That is all. Nobody can say anything beyond that for those guys because they're massive unknowns.

And I don't know why you're making a completely arbitrary assumption that if Colangelo leaves, so does Embry...just because you worked with somebody's dad once doesn't mean you follow his son around.

Comment

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            First it was T.J Ford's fault.
            Then it was Sam Mitchell's fault.
            Then it was Jermaine O'Neal's fault
            Then it was Hedo Turkoglu's fault.
            Now it's ???'s fault?
            Was TJ (2007-2008) not a distraction about the whole starting issue? Didn't he become a very high risk player to keep moving forward due to his injury? Wasn't he not the same player after the injury? How did it work out for him in IND? It was time to trade him and he was gone.

Mitchell (2008-2009)I don't have much to disagree with except it is a perfect example of why a new GM should hire his own coach versus the carryover. I don't think they were ever on the same page and the extension was a waste of money.

The Raps (2008-2009) needed a new C, JO needed a new team - perfect match. It did not work out as planned. JO has never recovered from his knee injuries. However he was by far the biggest name ever brought in via trade and when it went down he was very excited about coming here. The mistake was quickly rectified however including the 1st round pick still bothers me.

Turkoglu (2009-2010) came to camp out of shape and without a backbone or desire to do his best. But it was not only Turkoglu, Bosh mailed it in after the ASG after he teamed up with superfriends and secured his max contract. They went from 5th in the East to 9th in the last 25-30 games and had the most wins in franchise history before the ASG. They lost the playoffs on the last day of the season. The GM put the best players available available on the team - the Turkoglu sign and trade deal was genius - it didn't work out.

Now (2010-2011) it is the fall out from Bosh not working with the Raps to find fair talent. Bosh earned his right to walk but he could have at least done what Carmelo did - made it clear trade me to get something I want. It was Carmelo afterall who said, "I'm not going to pull a Bosh." Considering all the comments Bosh made (I want to be a max guy, I want to be a franchise guy, I want to be the man) and the fact they were one of the hottest teams leading in to the ASG last year - why would they trade him unless he made it clear, "I'm not coming back."

Colangelo had a reputation of what you described BEFORE he came here and when he was working with Colangelo Sr. in Phoenix (Embry or no Embry). Pretty sure his star has faded. I don't want him to continue with the rebuild because his free-agent signings and trades have all been either disasters or very so-so. I'm not going to judge him based on his reputation from Phoenix (like you are), I'm judging him based on what he's done for me over the last five years.
            Yes he had a reputation BEFORE he came here with a winning team and EOY to boot. He solidified his reputation AFTER he came here with taking a lottery team to Atlantic Championship and playoffs with a 20 win improvement earning another EOY followed by another trip to the playoffs in year 2. That success has never been had here until that point and it is a shame they share the same division as the 2008 Champsionship Celtics who managed to get 3 HOF's together. Year 3 was a homeroom swing with JO that didn't pan out. Year 4 was great until everyone quit.

And Jay Triano is the perfect coach right now? Maybe so we can keep losing and get a high pick, that's about it. He hasn't been able to get good athletes, who I'm hold have good work ethic, to play decent defense for two years, that's not a sign of a motivator or a strong X's and O's coach.
            The only thing Jay is good for now is getting them to atleast try every 4 out of 5 games. There is no doubt JT tries his best however I agree it is time for him to go.

Re: current roster. DeRozan, Johnson and Davis are in line to be rotational NBA players. That is all. Nobody can say anything beyond that for those guys because they're massive unknowns.
            Johnson is definitely a rotational player - first big off the bench.

DD and ED? In line to be rotational NBA players? Are you serious? DD is one of the top 2nd year players in the league who has arguably made the most progress of any player considering his status as 'raw' and 'project' when drafted. ED is one of the top rookies this year after having a broke hand to miss the last half of his college seasons and started his rookie year with a scope. He is routinely at the top of the league for top rookie rankings. I am not advocating franchise players for each nor perennial all-star at that. But to say they will be rotational NBA players seems to be the other extreme. Based on their performance as a rookie in ED and sophmore for DD compared to their peers and the peformances of other NBA players who were at the top of their rookie and sophmore class, their careers most likely fall somewhere between rotational NBA player and franchise player/perennial all-star - in my opinion.

And I don't know why you're making a completely arbitrary assumption that if Colangelo leaves, so does Embry...just because you worked with somebody's dad once doesn't mean you follow his son around.
            Very true. We all have mentors or confidants. I think BC can peform with or without Embry.

Comment

It doesn't matter, but it's not hopeless.

Comment

Im ready to let Colangelo walk but I didnt vote because I dont think Embry would automatically leave. Bring in a strong GM who is not afraid to get a strong coach. Triano is just so bad I cant stand it.

Comment

Working...
                X