Triano Comments On The Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heinz57 wrote: View Post
    are you questioning the validity of information found on the internet?!

didn't you know that the internet is GOD?

that's right.. GOD.... the figment of somebody's imagination thousands of years ago that somehow gained plausibility based on no actual facts.... that god.
    Please don't bring up religion on basketball threads.
    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
      You know who I wanna see? Mark Jackson. I might be the only person but I don't care.
      I would like to see an accomplished NBA head coach. I'm tired of giving guys their breaks. Hire somebody with a reputation and has enjoyed success.

Comment

Since they fired Lenny Wilkens they've gone from Kevin O'Neil to Sam Mitchell to Jay Triano. By my count that's three for three on giving someone a free scholarship at MLSE NBA Head Coaching Academy. Two of those we thanks to MLSE pushing for a hard ass after Mr.Passive was shown the door. The later was selected by default and kept on... I agree with you 100% Matt. Give us a guy who isn't going to learn on the Raptors' payroll and then get axed later for the next project.

Comment

hateslosing wrote: View Post
          Please don't bring up religion on basketball threads.
          nah... i think i will.

Triano is our Jesus Christ. He's inevitably the one who will be crucified for the poor performance of the team.

Comment

I dont understand JT's comment on "Performance"...the latter part of the quote. Is that sarcasm....

Comment

Yo Apollo and Matt52, I respect your opinions on this board (no joke) and I would like to know which coaches you have in mind that are accomplished, can handle a rebuild, and would come to TO.

Werd.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Yo Apollo and Matt52, I respect your opinions on this board (no joke) and I would like to know which coaches you have in mind that are accomplished, can handle a rebuild, and would come to TO.

Werd.
                Leo Rautins.

nah f#$& that... totally kidding.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                  If your not too sure about opinions on a fan forum, THEN WHY ARE YOU ONE 1? Whats wrong with fans discussing an article? If your not too sure about everyone else's opinion. I'm sure we'd love to hear yours. Oh wait, you don't have any opinions. Scared of the keyboard? LOL
                  hahahahahaha

Comment

Yeah stacked wasn't a great word. I just meant they got better players with a decent mix of vets and youngens. I could be wrong but I think Collins don't like playing the young ones much, like Turner who still get's DNP's sometimes.

Anyway, regardless I agree JT comes across as a pussy sometimes. It's hard to say tho. You get guys like Skiles and Frank who start off pretty solid but after a while the honeymoon is over and players get sick of being yelled at all the time.

You know who I wanna see? Mark Jackson. I might be the only person but I don't care.
                    I would love that, but i kind of lean towards a real, experienced coach at this point. I know every new coach needs his big break, but we have been giving big breaks to lots of guys with low to moderate success. I would love at least 1 season with a real coach, fak, even Larry Brown or Don Nelson just for a laugh

What about ol grampa Sloan?

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                      I would love that, but i kind of lean towards a real, experienced coach at this point. I know every new coach needs his big break, but we have been giving big breaks to lots of guys with low to moderate success. I would love at least 1 season with a real coach, fak, even Larry Brown or Don Nelson just for a laugh

What about ol grampa Sloan?
                      Brown and Nelson would be a good way for me to consider suicide or start watching hockey.

I would fer sure be ok with grampa Sloan but I'm thinking of realistic options here duder.
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Brown and Nelson would be a good way for me to consider suicide or start watching hockey.

I would fer sure be ok with grampa Sloan but I'm thinking of realistic options here duder.
                        Jeff Van Gundy

Byron Scott after he's fired this year

Lawrence Frank

not nba but

Ettore Messina

Comment

“I think without us dancing around the fact that we wanted to keep a superstar here, there’s been 100% more accountability in the locker room,” Triano said, alluding to Bosh. “I think I probably have held a lot more people accountable for things that they’re going through and things that this team has gone through.”

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                            Jeff Van Gundy

Byron Scott after he's fired this year

Lawrence Frank

not nba but

Ettore Messina
                            JVG would be awesome too. But he's been turning down much more appealing jobs the last few years.

Byron Scott...I don't know man. Getting run out his last couple coaching stints. And if the Cavs fire him after this year that would just be mean.

Frank I think would be allright. Def did not end well in NJ and you get worried when players stop playing hard for their coaches. Def a hard ass tho!

Messina does not fit into the "established NBA coach" criterion I was looking for. I would totally welcome it though. Did I read somewhere that he wants to start as an assistant?
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

JVG would be awesome too. But he's been turning down much more appealing jobs the last few years.

Byron Scott...I don't know man. Getting run out his last couple coaching stints. And if the Cavs fire him after this year that would just be mean.

Frank I think would be allright. Def did not end well in NJ and you get worried when players stop playing hard for their coaches. Def a hard ass tho!

Messina does not fit into the "established NBA coach" criterion I was looking for. I would totally welcome it though. Did I read somewhere that he wants to start as an assistant though?
                              Not sure regarding the Messina assistant thing.

Scott has a great coaching history. Cavs have a shite roster. He was good in NOH I thought , no?

Comment

Here's the Messina thang: http://www.ballineurope.com/european...io-spurs-8102/

Yeah of course I aint blaming the Cavs on Scott. And I think Kidd basically ran him out of NJ. Did he get fired in NO? I can't remember. Regardless he'll be with the Cavs next year so it's kinda moot.
                                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X