Triano Comments On The Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Employee wrote: View Post
    Here's the Messina thang: http://www.ballineurope.com/european...io-spurs-8102/

Yeah of course I aint blaming the Cavs on Scott. And I think Kidd basically ran him out of NJ. Did he get fired in NO? I can't remember. Regardless he'll be with the Cavs next year so it's kinda moot.
    Wow! takin over for pop down the road maybe eh!

Comment

Yo Apollo and Matt52, I respect your opinions on this board (no joke) and I would like to know which coaches you have in mind that are accomplished, can handle a rebuild, and would come to TO.

Werd.
      Coaches who I would like for them to talk with might include:

- Mike Brown
      - Rick Adelman (Houston is on the fence with him)
      - Jeff Van Gundy
      - Mike D'Antoni (Many say his fate is tied to Walsh)

And I'm sure you can find faults with all them if you'd like to go down that road but chances are they're not going to be in every area except for "player development". They're all vastly superior to Triano. Van Gundy has to come back some day. Colangelo has brought in a lot of guys who can play his brand.

Probably add Frank to the list too.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post

- Mike Brown
        - Jeff Van Gundy

And I'm sure you can find faults with all them if you'd like to go down that road but chances are they're not going to be in every area except for "player development". They're all vastly superior to Triano. Van Gundy has to come back some day. Colangelo has brought in a lot of guys who can play his brand.

Oh snap, Adelman all the way!

Comment

- Mike Brown
          - Jeff Van Gundy

Thanks man!

Mike Brown, totally forgot about him. That's an interesting one since he's never coached anyone except LBJ. But yeah I agree he's would be worth talking to. I remember the knock on him was his offense was pretty stagnate. Again, hard to judge when Lebron is on your team.

As for the other three, I would totally be allright with any of them. I think you know this already, but the likelihood of any of them being available would be pretty slim.
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

No problem. The only problem I see is that Adelman and D'Antoni are both getting up there in age. I think there's a good chance that Adelman and D'Antoni will be on the market though. They would both be good mentors for Alex English to continue to grow his coaching abilities.

JVG would be a homerun signing.

At the end of the day Colangelo promotes from within nine times out of ten. My money is on PJ or Alex. I think Jay is toast.

Comment

No problem. The only problem I see is that Adelman and D'Antoni are both getting up there in age. I think there's a good chance that Adelman and D'Antoni will be on the market though. They would both be good mentors for Alex English to continue to grow his coaching abilities.

JVG would be a homerun signing.

At the end of the day Colangelo promotes from within nine times out of ten. My money is on PJ or Alex. I think Jay is toast.
              Yeah I had no idea Adelman was on the fence. He's def done well with what he's got.

I belieeeeve D'Antoni is 60. That ain't too bad for coaching!

English seems like an awesome guy and a coach the players would love. I'm just scared it's gonna be more of the same of what the Raps have now. He was such a gifted offensive player, not sure if that translates into coaching, but you have to wonder.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Yo Apollo and Matt52, I respect your opinions on this board (no joke) and I would like to know which coaches you have in mind that are accomplished, can handle a rebuild, and would come to TO.

Werd.
                Not necessarily in order of preference:

Mike D'Antoni
                Rick Adelman
                Mike Woodson

Comment

- Mike Brown
                  - Jeff Van Gundy

I find it nearly impossible that Jeff would coach the Raptors. I like all 4 of those coaches, I'd be ecstatic if the Raps fire Triano and sign one of them.

Comment

Money talks. Toronto has a lot to offer a head coach now. Especially after this summer.

Comment

Money talks. Toronto has a lot to offer a head coach now. Especially after this summer.
                      What if Adelman was signed and JVG was hired as assistant coach.
                      On May 12, 2009, on ESPN writer Bill Simmons' podcast, Van Gundy expressed his desire to eventually return to coaching, stating he would consider being an assistant coach.
                      That would be. I can't even describe it.

Comment

What if Adelman was signed and JVG was hired as assistant coach.
                        On May 12, 2009, on ESPN writer Bill Simmons' podcast, Van Gundy expressed his desire to eventually return to coaching, stating he would consider being an assistant coach.
                        That would be. I can't even describe it.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                          What if Adelman was signed and JVG was hired as assistant coach. That would be. I can't even describe it.
                          Sign me up. Sign me up again and just in case sign me up one more time.

If Colangelo could accomplish such a thing he would win back everyone in my opinion. Not only would he be getting two top notch coaches but also two top notch talent evaluators. Colangelo always makes decisions with his group. He's always maintained he highly values the opinions of those around him.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                            nah... i think i will.

Triano is our Jesus Christ. He's inevitably the one who will be crucified for the poor performance of the team.

Really? You don't think there's a certain 7-foot Italian who might be more fitting for that label? He even started his own religion (Bargnanism: the belief that rebounding is a false idol) and has his own disciples, (BC, Matt and Jack, who wrote the first Psalm, "That's a seven footer out there!").

Comment

Thanks Mr. Matt and Apollo. I like all your picks for coaches, there's just a whole lotta variables that are beyond Raptors' managment control to happen in for them to even be considered.

My top picks (that have a minute possibility of happening):

1. Make D'Antoni - I don't see how Bargs couldn't average 30ppg with him as coach. His rebounding would prob go up too, mostly just because there would be an extra 30 shot attempts.

2. Mark Jackson - give the man a chance!

3. JVG - opposite of D'antoni.

25. Jay Triano - I still think the data is inconclusive.

804. Larry Brown - Not on a young team. Nooooooo way.

93998392. Leo Rautins - "How many times do I have to tell you?? Don't jump on pump fakes!!"
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Adelman would be my top choice. I also like Mike Brown. Other candidates could be SVG or Carlisle. I see them both being scape goats if the Magic/Mavs lose early in the playoffs.

But, how about bringing back Butch Carter? He was by far the best coach we ever had.

Comment

Working...
                                X