Rod Black Says- "Pathetic"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Let me start this thread by saying I hate Rod Black. Hate the way he talks, hates the words that come out of his mouth, hate his face, hate his hair, just hate him.

At halftime last night, Rod described the Raptors effort as "Pathetic".

For once...I couldnt believe it..I agreed.

They then showed a clip of Landry Fields casually blowing by Demar for a nice dunk.

I endured this whole game. It was brutal.

For all those that might say our defensive liabilities lay on one player's shoulders, I say this- this problem is universal, not planetary.

The Raptors, all of them, were terrible on D last night. Ed Davis and Reg tried hard, as did DD in the 2nd half, but the game was over about 12 minutes in.

The purpose of my post is to point out our defensive issues our "macro", the entire system and the coaching staff deliviering it is flawed. We endured Triano-Iavoroni, and now Triano-PJ.

Lets all acknowledge for once and for all, that AB is not our sole defensive issue, it is the whole concept of D the Raptors try to employ.

PS- where are all the "Raptors are better without AB" posts today? Havent noticed many....funny how ppl take one game as the litmus test for a team..
    Your not even a Raptors fan your all about Bargnani. What are you going to do when Bargnani gets traded?

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
      Your not even a Raptors fan your all about Bargnani. What are you going to do when Bargnani gets traded?
      Again you make this personal. I love the Raps. I think we are better to KEEP bargs. but, i have stated in multiple threads, I think he WILL get traded unfortunately.

Comment

Again you make this personal. I love the Raps. I think we are better to KEEP bargs. but, i have stated in multiple threads, I think he WILL get traded unfortunately.
        Seriously hoping that bargs doesnt get traded. we need all the help we can get. If we can reassign him a new role as 6th man. He can be a very usefull asset. Maybe even 6th man of the year.
        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

He simply doesn't belong in the starting lineup
          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

He's ranked 65th in rebounding and doesn't set an inside presence on offence/defence. What is the reason you want to keep him?

Comment

He's ranked 65th in rebounding and doesn't set an inside presence on offence/defence. What is the reason you want to keep him?
              Go check out the "Everything Bargnani" thread "Nick"

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                Seriously hoping that bargs doesnt get traded. we need all the help we can get. If we can reassign him a new role as 6th man. He can be a very usefull asset. Maybe even 6th man of the year.
                Interesting thought, one that I had also been having lately. Bringing him off the bench would theoretically allow the Raps to start the game with a stronger defensive statement, which could be used to set the tone of the game. Also, by playing more of his time against the opposition's backups, it would put less pressure on him defensively and give him an even greater advantage on offense (resulting in a much greater net points: pts he scores - pts his man scores against him). I could see Bargnani still playing "starters minutes" by the time a game is done (similar to how Ginobli was 6th man / big three for years). The improvement for the team comes from when those minutes are played and who they're played against - ie: sit him to start and finish the game and play more % of his minutes against backups.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
                  He simply doesn't belong in the starting lineup
                  At the beginning of the year Bargs was one of the top scorers in the league (still is), playin next to the 2nd highest rebounder in the league at the time (reg). If we had kept both healthy, Raps would be wayyy better and alot less hatin on AB would be goin on.

Dude can start at the 4 spot next to a true C.

Raps tried to convert CB to a C, and they did the same to Bargs. Again, issues with management, etc.

Comment

At the beginning of the year Bargs was one of the top scorers in the league (still is), playin next to the 2nd highest rebounder in the league at the time (reg). If we had kept both healthy, Raps would be wayyy better and alot less hatin on AB would be goin on.

Dude can start at the 4 spot next to a true C.

Raps tried to convert CB to a C, and they did the same to Bargs. Again, issues with management, etc.
                    What do you plan on doing with the slew of pf's we currently have?

Comment

What do you plan on doing with the slew of pf's we currently have?
                      Most RR readers agree that Bargnani is a C, not a PF - there have been entire threads/votes dedicated to this discussion. Even if his offensive game is more akin to a traditional PF, his man-to-man defense and mobility make him a C. In this modern NBA, rather than have a traditional PG-SG-SF-PF-C, you may as well just have swingman-swingman-swingman-big-big anyway.

Comment

great. another thread bargs-jacked.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          Interesting thought, one that I had also been having lately. Bringing him off the bench would theoretically allow the Raps to start the game with a stronger defensive statement, which could be used to set the tone of the game. Also, by playing more of his time against the opposition's backups, it would put less pressure on him defensively and give him an even greater advantage on offense (resulting in a much greater net points: pts he scores - pts his man scores against him). I could see Bargnani still playing "starters minutes" by the time a game is done (similar to how Ginobli was 6th man / big three for years). The improvement for the team comes from when those minutes are played and who they're played against - ie: sit him to start and finish the game and play more % of his minutes against backups.
                          +1 Good way to look at it, the guy would probably benefit much from a change in role. I think people now have stopped hoping for Bargs to be the go to guy in Toronto. Like you said, he would be going against second unit guys. Where he'll be much less a defensive liability, and more of an asset.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                            haha it always happens!

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              oops, hope not! Not sure how you can have a discussion about the Raps D without at least mentioning him, as his D has been a lightning rod for discussion/debate/knock-down-drag-outs on here all season! lol As we look at improving the D going into next season, part of that discussion would have to include at least some chatter about whether or not he should be on the team and/or how to better use him to prevent him from having such a negative impact on the team's overall D.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                oops, hope not! Not sure how you can have a discussion about the Raps D without at least mentioning him, as his D has been a lightning rod for discussion/debate/knock-down-drag-outs on here all season! lol As we look at improving the D going into next season, part of that discussion would have to include at least some chatter about whether or not he should be on the team and/or how to better use him to prevent him from having such a negative impact on the team's overall D.
                                agreed. when you're talking about team defense in a specific game, you gotta talk about every player playing in that game.

but in this instance, he barely played...

so the bargs-jacking is kinda uncalled for this time around

Comment

Working...
                                X