Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 86

Thread: Rod Black Says- "Pathetic"

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    great. another thread bargs-jacked.

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Interesting thought, one that I had also been having lately. Bringing him off the bench would theoretically allow the Raps to start the game with a stronger defensive statement, which could be used to set the tone of the game. Also, by playing more of his time against the opposition's backups, it would put less pressure on him defensively and give him an even greater advantage on offense (resulting in a much greater net points: pts he scores - pts his man scores against him). I could see Bargnani still playing "starters minutes" by the time a game is done (similar to how Ginobli was 6th man / big three for years). The improvement for the team comes from when those minutes are played and who they're played against - ie: sit him to start and finish the game and play more % of his minutes against backups.
    +1 Good way to look at it, the guy would probably benefit much from a change in role. I think people now have stopped hoping for Bargs to be the go to guy in Toronto. Like you said, he would be going against second unit guys. Where he'll be much less a defensive liability, and more of an asset.

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Starter Ambidextrious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    great. another thread bargs-jacked.
    haha it always happens!

  4. #44
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    great. another thread bargs-jacked.
    oops, hope not! Not sure how you can have a discussion about the Raps D without at least mentioning him, as his D has been a lightning rod for discussion/debate/knock-down-drag-outs on here all season! lol As we look at improving the D going into next season, part of that discussion would have to include at least some chatter about whether or not he should be on the team and/or how to better use him to prevent him from having such a negative impact on the team's overall D.

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    oops, hope not! Not sure how you can have a discussion about the Raps D without at least mentioning him, as his D has been a lightning rod for discussion/debate/knock-down-drag-outs on here all season! lol As we look at improving the D going into next season, part of that discussion would have to include at least some chatter about whether or not he should be on the team and/or how to better use him to prevent him from having such a negative impact on the team's overall D.
    agreed. when you're talking about team defense in a specific game, you gotta talk about every player playing in that game.

    but in this instance, he barely played...

    so the bargs-jacking is kinda uncalled for this time around

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Most RR readers agree that Bargnani is a C, not a PF - there have been entire threads/votes dedicated to this discussion. Even if his offensive game is more akin to a traditional PF, his man-to-man defense and mobility make him a C. In this modern NBA, rather than have a traditional PG-SG-SF-PF-C, you may as well just have swingman-swingman-swingman-big-big anyway.
    I agree he's not a C, I actually think he's more of a small forward, or swingman as you would put it. What good does this do? I would rather have Ed or Amir at the pf going forward. Andrea is a 7 foot jump shooter getting paid an average of 10 million over the next couple years. Its undeniable that we need to trade him for a either a pg, sg, or a true centre. Above all else he has the worst personality i've ever seen. Does he have any friends on the team?

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    What do you plan on doing with the slew of pf's we currently have?
    Well, no guarantee with Reg. IF we can sign Reg, I say shift him to C and Bargs to PF. Or, Ed starts at C and Bargs at PF. Trade Amir. Can't sign Reg, keep Amir off the bench.

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    I agree he's not a C, I actually think he's more of a small forward, or swingman as you would put it. What good does this do? I would rather have Ed or Amir at the pf going forward. Andrea is a 7 foot jump shooter getting paid an average of 10 million over the next couple years. Its undeniable that we need to trade him for a either a pg, sg, or a true centre. Above all else he has the worst personality i've ever seen. Does he have any friends on the team?
    "Worst personality I have ever seen"

    Wow, what are you applying some lavalife criteria to this?

    Yah I guess by watching a guy play sports you can know his personality though........

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    great. another thread bargs-jacked.
    Heinz, alot of posters here like Nick refuse to criticize any other players but Bargs.

    This thread is about a Bargs-less Raps got killed last night, but now we talkin about Bargs.

    They just are sheep following the masses, Bargs sits, team gets blown out "Trade Bargs"

    Cant wait till next year if Bargs gets traded, what do the sheep say then?

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Well, no guarantee with Reg. IF we can sign Reg, I say shift him to C and Bargs to PF. Or, Ed starts at C and Bargs at PF. Trade Amir. Can't sign Reg, keep Amir off the bench.
    I wouldn't necessarily disagree except that no one is going to take Amirs contract. What will determine if Bargs can shift to the pf is if Ed can play at C.

  11. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't necessarily disagree except that no one is going to take Amirs contract. What will determine if Bargs can shift to the pf is if Ed can play at C.
    I think Ed could do it

  12. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Heinz, alot of posters here like Nick refuse to criticize any other players but Bargs.

    This thread is about a Bargs-less Raps got killed last night, but now we talkin about Bargs.

    They just are sheep following the masses, Bargs sits, team gets blown out "Trade Bargs"

    Cant wait till next year if Bargs gets traded, what do the sheep say then?
    You'll notice at the beginning of the year I was really stoked on Bargnani finally being out of Bosh's shadow and having the chance to blossom. But now that I've seen how unbelievably bad his rebounding is, I think he sucks. He has no basketball IQ, and I'm sick and tired of his pump fake dribble shoot move. He's a one trick pony. I'm not sheep by anymeans, I'm just not going out of my way to be different by representing a lost cause.

  13. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Did you watch last night? Bargs was out most of the game and we got blown out. I saw 0% effort on D by EVERYONE.
    no we started getting blown out from the start when bargs was building a brick house with his terrible shot selections. After he left in the 2nd half we were great but it was too late for a come back. But i agree bargnani isn't the only guy that plays crap defence, but he is a huge reason. Our younger players will learn to play better D eventually and if bargnani is still here next season he better learn too.

  14. #54
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    You'll notice at the beginning of the year I was really stoked on Bargnani finally being out of Bosh's shadow and having the chance to blossom. But now that I've seen how unbelievably bad his rebounding is, I think he sucks. He has no basketball IQ, and I'm sick and tired of his pump fake dribble shoot move. He's a one trick pony. I'm not sheep by anymeans, I'm just not going out of my way to be different by representing a lost cause.
    that's all good.

    bargs thread. its stickied.

    both the love and hate comments in unrelated threads have taken on the quality of regurgitated bile

  15. #55
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,286
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    no we started getting blown out from the start when bargs was building a brick house with his terrible shot selections. After he left in the 2nd half we were great but it was too late for a come back. But i agree bargnani isn't the only guy that plays crap defence, but he is a huge reason. Our younger players will learn to play better D eventually and if bargnani is still here next season he better learn too.
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but from the start of the game until he went to the bench, Bargnani was 0-for-2 shooting (good shots, just didn't fall) with 2 rebounds (one offensive). He went out a lot earlier than normal - I thought he only played about the first six minutes of the game.

  16. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    no we started getting blown out from the start when bargs was building a brick house with his terrible shot selections. After he left in the 2nd half we were great but it was too late for a come back. But i agree bargnani isn't the only guy that plays crap defence, but he is a huge reason. Our younger players will learn to play better D eventually and if bargnani is still here next season he better learn too.
    1st part- that is just not true. Bargs played less than 10 mins i believe. I witnessed the 2nd qtr where the REAL beating occured. Weems, Bayless, DD, Evans, Amir with Juju for a bit. We got killed. They dropped like 11 threes, all from the 2-3 spot and the PG.

    So how can you say that magically those guys who did so bad last night will "improve on D", where is the evidence, aside from Demar?

  17. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    575
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    "Worst personality I have ever seen"

    Wow, what are you applying some lavalife criteria to this?

    Yah I guess by watching a guy play sports you can know his personality though........
    Ya, he's the most awkward player I've ever seen. Well second most awkward next to Bosh.

  18. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Nick wrote: View Post
    Ya, he's the most awkward player I've ever seen. Well second most awkward next to Bosh.
    LOL, ok then!

  19. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Burlington Ontario
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    "Worst personality I have ever seen"

    Wow, what are you applying some lavalife criteria to this?

    Yah I guess by watching a guy play sports you can know his personality though........
    no if you look at the way he acts and his facial expression you can tell he is not a happy guy. I was watching the orlando game the other day and they panned the camera over to the raptors during a TO and i saw jose talking to bargs and bargs just ignored him. He either doesn't like it here or just has a terrible personality. I do kinda feel sorry for him though it doesn't seem like he is friends with any of his teammates besides jose(Maybe).

  20. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    no if you look at the way he acts and his facial expression you can tell he is not a happy guy. I was watching the orlando game the other day and they panned the camera over to the raptors during a TO and i saw jose talking to bargs and bargs just ignored him. He either doesn't like it here or just has a terrible personality. I do kinda feel sorry for him though it doesn't seem like he is friends with any of his teammates besides jose(Maybe).
    Ummmm....ok....right....good one?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •