Rod Black Says- "Pathetic"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nick wrote: View Post
    Ya, he's the most awkward player I've ever seen. Well second most awkward next to Bosh.
    i'd say Jamario was the most awkward... it was hard having to listen to a guy talk who was the living and breathing exact stereotype of what people think people from Alabama are like... "coach tell me to take shot so i take shot but shot dont go and i run and i run and i run and REBOUND!"

obviously, he never actually said that.... but it wouldn't shock me if he did

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
      Anybody know what P.J Carlesimo is bringing to the team? Wasn't he supposed to be the defensive guy this year?

Eric Hughes works with DeMar on his shot, Alex English is credited with Amir Johnson's jumper, what exactly is Carlesimo bringing? I'm not saying he is the problem or even close to it, just wondering what the deal is with him.

If you look at the Raps individually, they have rotation guys like Bayless, Amir, Evans, Davis who are inherently good defenders, and they're complemented with athleticism in DeRozan, Weems and JJ, so really, we should be better than we are and certainly not dead last in the NBA for the second year running. I realize athleticism doesn't equate to defense, but it's definitely a starting point for a coach to work with.

The longer we suck defensively, the harder you have to look at Triano. Right now Sam Mitchell got more out of these guys on D than Triano.
      My take is accountability...period.

As with other coaches PJ was given the defense assignment. Unlike the others his is a team wide assignment. Once taught and implemented it is upto the HC to oversee that the peons are following the "rules". If they are not...sit them. Easier said then done of course...are the backups equally talented or stubborn or bb iq challenged? The Magic game was something to behold. Defense seemed to have worked that game? Why so seldom is my problem.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
        So how can you say that magically those guys who did so bad last night will "improve on D", where is the evidence, aside from Demar?
        They are all young players in their 1st, 2nd or 3rd years.

Comment

Ummmm....ok....right....good one?
          ???

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
            i'd say Jamario was the most awkward... it was hard having to listen to a guy talk who was the living and breathing exact stereotype of what people think people from Alabama are like... "coach tell me to take shot so i take shot but shot dont go and i run and i run and i run and REBOUND!"

lol your comments are halarious even though they are wayy off topic.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
              They are all young players in their 1st, 2nd or 3rd years.
              Bro, respectfully, just cuz someone is young, doesnt mean they will be able to learn something. And to that note, lets bring it back to my point:

These are young guys, and they need a good coach(es) with a good notion about defense and x's and o's

So to Raptors_ point, I hope they learn, but it depends who the teacher is! Based on last night, they are either not being taught the right things, OR, they have given up

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post

"Coach mitch done tol' me take mo shats so I take mo shats, he tell me runnin I dun runnin...mister body massage machine goooonnggggggg"

Comment

multipaul wrote: View Post
                  bro, respectfully, just cuz someone is young, doesnt mean they will be able to learn something. And to that note, lets bring it back to my point:

These are young guys, and they need a good coach(es) with a good notion about defense and x's and o's

so to raptors_ point, i hope they learn, but it depends who the teacher is! Based on last night, they are either not being taught the right things, or, they have given up
                  true! Triano is garbage

Comment

I have a serious question. Don't you think a coach who holds his player accountable on defense would sit Bargnani?
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      I have a serious question. Don't you think a coach who holds his player accountable on defense would sit Bargnani?
                      It must be a tough choice, when you have a guy providing the majority of your offense in a game. To me it's x's and o's. If Bargs was playin bad on D, change up the rotations. Keep the scoring. Another example of mismanagement. Or, you sit him, and lose the game.

I realize you will tell me we might lose anyways with his bad D, but I disagree, especially when we lose games by getting torched from the 3 pt line, which has been the story all year long. Plus, our defense by our wings and pg are so bad alot of times Amir and Bargs are forced into help situations

Comment

Bro, respectfully, just cuz someone is young, doesnt mean they will be able to learn something. And to that note, lets bring it back to my point:

So to Raptors_ point, I hope they learn, but it depends who the teacher is! Based on last night, they are either not being taught the right things, OR, they have given up
                        the right term would be tank !

Comment

raptorsking wrote: View Post
                          the right term would be tank !
                          You know what, I've had this theory all year that the guys have been instructed to tank. Aside from last night, I notice we do really good in games up until the 4th quarter, at which point we somehow lose. Take for example the Clippers game, where we suddently "fell apart" in the 4th, that one was just a real head scratcher. Either we just suck , like, ridiculously suck, or .......cue Jesse Ventura...

Comment

It must be a tough choice, when you have a guy providing the majority of your offense in a game. To me it's x's and o's. If Bargs was playin bad on D, change up the rotations. Keep the scoring. Another example of mismanagement. Or, you sit him, and lose the game.

I realize you will tell me we might lose anyways with his bad D, but I disagree, especially when we lose games by getting torched from the 3 pt line, which has been the story all year long. Plus, our defense by our wings and pg are so bad alot of times Amir and Bargs are forced into help situations
                            im not even mad at his defense when he's trying he isnt incompetent problem is he rarely tries !

Comment

You know what, I've had this theory all year that the guys have been instructed to tank. Aside from last night, I notice we do really good in games up until the 4th quarter, at which point we somehow lose. Take for example the Clippers game, where we suddently "fell apart" in the 4th, that one was just a real head scratcher. Either we just suck , like, ridiculously suck, or .......cue Jesse Ventura...
                              no one on the team is really a leader there really isn't an alpha male that says fuck this we're not losing ... so when momentum isnt on their side they lose confidence and start chucking

Comment

raptorsking wrote: View Post
                                no one on the team is really a leader there really isn't an alpha male that says fuck this we're not losing ... so when momentum isnt on their side they lose confidence and start chucking
                                Good point, lets get Kemba Walker!

Comment

Working...
                                X