Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2016

Post Thanks / Like

Default Euro 2016

Anybody going to be watching this tournament? Who ya got? What`s your background? Not sure we have too many Euro's on here...

Being of Irish heritage, I'll being rooting hard for the Republic of Ireland. We don't always score many goals or make it very far but there is a silver lining in this tournament... a game vs Italy!

I grew up with and went to a high school full of Italians. Heck, my sister even married one! It would be a successful tournament for me if we could somehow pull off another big upset of the I-talians. I still remember the '94 world cup when we beat them 1-0, day after the whole OJ Ford Bronco chase.

I suspect rocwell will be watching with passion, but I'll be interested to see who else is.
    "If ya ain't first, yer last!"

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Man that Italian squad is the worst I've seen in years..Italy vs Belgium on Monday should be a good one though. Good for you for supporting your heritage team, I can't do this. I hate this France team.. with that said, this tournament is very dangerous and if you're heavy beer drinker, then your liver will be working overtime.

P.S. I'm rooting for England to bring football home. It's time. Million years of hurt is enough..HAHA. I hope.

Last edited by rocwell; Sat Jun 11th, 2016 at 10:34 AM.
    "We were one of four teams left. We can be proud of that, but not satisfied" - D. Casey

Post Thanks / Like

I guess this was expected, but England fans are being attacked by Marseille Ultras quite hard. Gorilla warfare style!

Pictures from today's clash with Russians:

Aww, EURO 2016 has officially begun.
    Last edited by rocwell; Sat Jun 11th, 2016 at 10:42 AM.
    "We were one of four teams left. We can be proud of that, but not satisfied" - D. Casey

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I grew up rooting for Germany (and sometimes Netherlands), it's my dad's team as well, but I don't feel such a strong connection since Oliver Kahn and the rest of that generation retired.

So I don't know. I start with Germany as technically 'my team' but by the end of tournaments I can find myself rooting for someone else. In world cups I often root for USA now.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Russians have ambushed English fans with knives as per Daily Mail..

Post Thanks / Like

What was that explosion-sounding noise?! Anyone else heard it? Aaaand Russia equalize .. fuck

The hurt continues.

Last edited by rocwell; Sat Jun 11th, 2016 at 04:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Ahahahaha England choked again, Wales is top of the group!

I don't have a team in particular I'm cheering for, hoping for some exciting games and some underdog runs!

Post Thanks / Like

lol

9. Like Mack North liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Definitely following Euro 16. Serbian background though so I don't really have a team to cheer for. Girlfriend's Polish so I guess Poland? lol. It's been a pretty decent one so far. Pretty close matches overall. Only Ukraine seemed like it didn't stand a chance v Germany.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ogi wrote: View Post
    Definitely following Euro 16. Serbian background though so I don't really have a team to cheer for. Girlfriend's Polish so I guess Poland? lol. It's been a pretty decent one so far. Pretty close matches overall. Only Ukraine seemed like it didn't stand a chance v Germany.
    Germany looked far from convincing at the back.
    Last edited by rocwell; Sun Jun 12th, 2016 at 11:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Germany looked far from convincing at the back.
    That's what I mean though. A lot of shaky play from a lot of guys and it still ended 2-0. Germany hasn't looked nearly as good since their World Cup victory, but I'll chalk it up to a slow start. They're way too talented to not pick it up.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ogi wrote: View Post
    That's what I mean though. A lot of shaky play from a lot of guys and it still ended 2-0. Germany hasn't looked nearly as good since their World Cup victory, but I'll chalk it up to a slow start. They're way too talented to not pick it up.
    It was all on Ukraine for not finishing those plays. They had at least 2 excellent chances, but they don't have Shevchenko anymore so yeah.. Poland is excellent at exploiting weak defence, so it should be good test for Germans.

Post Thanks / Like

I think Ukraine is definitely a team to watch out for this tournament

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    Anybody going to be watching this tournament? Who ya got? What`s your background? Not sure we have too many Euro's on here...

Being of Irish heritage, I'll being rooting hard for the Republic of Ireland. We don't always score many goals or make it very far but there is a silver lining in this tournament... a game vs Italy!

I grew up with and went to a high school full of Italians. Heck, my sister even married one! It would be a successful tournament for me if we could somehow pull off another big upset of the I-talians. I still remember the '94 world cup when we beat them 1-0, day after the whole OJ Ford Bronco chase.

I suspect rocwell will be watching with passion, but I'll be interested to see who else is.
    I'm a france guy.

Raptors Republic Superstar Superjudge's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Apparently Russians have ambushed English fans with knives as per Daily Mail..

Ya, dont try to hooligan it up with the russians hahaha

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Superjudge wrote: View Post
    Ya, dont try to hooligan it up with the russians hahaha
    UK firms are bigger and much much more brutal than Russian, just one thing tho - UK hooligans are all banned and can't even leave UK during major tournaments.

Post Thanks / Like

Proof that Russian firms are "operating" in France(Daily Mail):

And Senior Russian football official actually congratulated them for "defending their country" (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...r-says-up.html)

UK firms must be fuming right now.

=======================================

"Marseille prosecutor Brice Robin told a news conference: "There were 150 Russian supporters who in reality were hooligans. These people were well prepared for ultra-rapid, ultra-violent action. These are extremely well-trained people."
    This was what made it difficult to arrest them, the prosecutor said, adding that he did not think the Russian hooligans were "professional" but that they were "extreme"."
    Last edited by rocwell; Mon Jun 13th, 2016 at 04:59 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

lol

hahaha I mean, I'm sure we've all done it on the couch in the privacy of our homes, but at a stadium for tens of thousands to see and millions more at home? Lol No shame... these guys don't know there's a camera pointed at them for the 90+ minutes every game?
    "If ya ain't first, yer last!"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mack North wrote: View Post
    hahaha I mean, I'm sure we've all done it on the couch in the privacy of our homes, but at a stadium for tens of thousands to see and millions more at home? Lol No shame... these guys don't know there's a camera pointed at them for the 90+ minutes every game?
    He doesn't care about cameras

21. Like Mack North liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go Iceland!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information